Feedback on my Regimen please.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Only understandable excuse would be if someone is actually considering suicide. Otherwise it’s not worth risking your health, and potentially accelerating hair loss in some rare cases.

Hope you are doing well Adri.
Yeah man that was me. Even then my hair got better and now bad again... Maybe because my stomach is very bad right now and dutasteride is not doing enough... Idk

Thanks! I hope you are doing good too man!

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man that was me. Even then my hair got better and now bad again... Maybe because my stomach is very bad right now and dutasteride is not doing enough... Idk

Thanks! I hope you are doing good too man!
How long have you been off HRT? Have you recovered from its side effects? Are you only on dutasteride or are you on other treatments? Any bloodwork?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would help if you can provide a detailed timeline of your experience.

You still have really good hair! Hope is not lost, not even close.
I lost lot of hair since december 2023. I achieved straight hairline on december 2023 but after that my hairline started to get fucked.

First pic was on december 2023(last pic is also from 2023). Rest is now. Density, texture and temples are fucked.

f*****g over for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240722-163916.png
    Screenshot_20240722-163916.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-01-41-291_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-01-41-291_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-01-31-175_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-01-31-175_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-00-34-226_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-00-34-226_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240729_010410.jpg
    IMG_20240729_010410.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-01-45-598_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-29-01-01-45-598_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240729_010610.jpg
    IMG_20240729_010610.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you make any changes to your regimen in the past 2 years? If so, when and what did you change precisely?

Keep in mind that you still have a lot of good hair and can get a transplant.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you make any changes to your regimen in the past 2 years? If so, when and what did you change precisely?

Keep in mind that you still have a lot of good hair and can get a transplant.
I change my dosage slightly but not long ago. It had no time to deteriorate like this due to change in treatment for that short time.

The thing is if it keep getting worse I can't do a transplant, my diffuse hair loss is getting so bad but it can't be seen on picture

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you done bloods?

Also, have you always used dutasteride as your 5ARI? Or have you used finasteride before?
Yeah doing blood test every 3 months. In the last 6 months my dht is x4 than december and whole last year for no reason at all. Tried finasteride before HRT but now only dutas because hrt does finasteride's work so dutasteride was for adrenal dht but it stopped to work now out of a suddent. Im sick from stomach maybe just maybe my body is not absorbing the drug properly. I have also lost 10 kg in this year and 3 kg in the last month.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah doing blood test every 3 months. In the last 6 months my dht is x4 than december and whole last year for no reason at all. Tried finasteride before HRT but now only dutas because hrt does finasteride's work so dutasteride was for adrenal dht but it stopped to work now out of a suddent. Im sick from stomach maybe just maybe my body is not absorbing the drug properly. I have also lost 10 kg in this year and 3 kg in the last month.
I know there’s talk about adrenal androgens and the back door pathway. But could also just be due to a cascade of drugs in the system, causing serious upregulation.

Have you been on bica? spironolactone? What about Oral Min?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know there’s talk about adrenal androgens and the back door pathway. But could also just be due to a cascade of drugs in the system, causing serious upregulation.

Have you been on bica? spironolactone? What about Oral Min?
Yes i also use bica 25 mg every other day and oral minoxidil. I have thought about upregulation too, because dht increasing when i increased bica to 25 mg daily, but now even after 6 months of lowering it and i tried to also stop it, my dht never came back to low.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i also use bica 25 mg every other day and oral minoxidil. I have thought about upregulation too, because dht increasing when i increased bica to 25 mg daily, but now even after 6 months of lowering it and i tried to also stop it, my dht never came back to low.
Yes bica blocks receptors. However one thing to keep in mind is that it is an antiandrogen which have been proven to cause upregulation in low dosages. And, the amount of bica needs to be quite high because it works by outnumbering androgens at the receptor, as it has a very weak binding affinity. I’ve seen the same thing talked about with low dose spironolactone. Bryan mentioned a study that showed a marked increase on low doses, whereas high doses reduced T. So it seems either “go hard or go home” with these kinds of drugs.

That said, your hair loss was never very aggressive to begin with. I don’t think you ever needed that strong of a regimen in the first place. I would probably drop bica all together for several months, unless you plan on taking it at a high dose. You probably didn’t get off of it for long enough - it has a very long half life.

You also reduced estradiol, which is a downregulator. Therefore, contributing to upregulation AND increased androgens. I know Bryan stated that the reason people shed so much after stopping finasteride is due to higher androgenic load (DHT in this case) in combination with upregulation at the receptors. If it was only one or the other it might not be so intense, but with both actions, that is a double whammy.

Regardless, common sense ought to always be pondered upon, as the body is a biological organism which responds homeostatically.

Oral min is very powerful though and at least it won’t cause upregulation. What dose are you on?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes bica blocks receptors. However one thing to keep in mind is that it is an antiandrogen which have been proven to cause upregulation in low dosages. And, the amount of bica needs to be quite high because it works by outnumbering androgens at the receptor, as it has a very weak binding affinity. I’ve seen the same thing talked about with low dose spironolactone. Bryan mentioned a study that showed a marked increase on low doses, whereas high doses reduced T. So it seems either “go hard or go home” with these kinds of drugs.

That said, your hair loss was never very aggressive to begin with. I don’t think you ever needed that strong of a regimen in the first place. I would probably drop bica all together for several months, unless you plan on taking it at a high dose. You probably didn’t get off of it for long enough - it has a very long half life.

You also reduced estradiol, which is a downregulator. Therefore, contributing to upregulation AND increased androgens. I know Bryan stated that the reason people shed so much after stopping finasteride is due to higher androgenic load (DHT in this case) in combination with upregulation at the receptors. If it was only one or the other it might not be so intense, but with both actions, that is a double whammy.

Regardless, common sense ought to always be pondered upon, as the body is a biological organism which responds homeostatically.

Oral min is very powerful though and at least it won’t cause upregulation. What dose are you on?
The thing is I have been using this dose of bica for a long time and I Was doing good. It was when I increased it when my dht got increased, my T is intact tho and my a diol g very very low.

About e2, I lowered it because it was at 425 pg/ml at trough which is crazy. Been talking with a guy here and estradiol at those high dosages can cause autoinmune diseases on long term. Anyways my e2 must be like 300 pg/ml now which is not low at all so i think the upregulation thing here does not count.

I think is just my stomach (maybe) that is not absorbing good because as i said I'm very sick(lack of hunger, feeling full all day, bloated, stomach pain sometimes, losing weight), maybe that is affecting dutas.

OM I'm taking 1.25 but i tried 2.5 without many benefits

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is I have been using this dose of bica for a long time and I Was doing good. It was when I increased it when my dht got increased, my T is intact tho and my a diol g very very low.

About e2, I lowered it because it was at 425 pg/ml at trough which is crazy. Been talking with a guy here and estradiol at those high dosages can cause autoinmune diseases on long term. Anyways my e2 must be like 300 pg/ml now which is not low at all so i think the upregulation thing here does not count.

I think is just my stomach (maybe) that is not absorbing good because as i said I'm very sick(lack of hunger, feeling full all day, bloated, stomach pain sometimes, losing weight), maybe that is affecting dutas.

OM I'm taking 1.25 but i tried 2.5 without many benefits
Increase OM to 5mg.