Fight fans

s.a.f

Reaction score
Personally I prefer boxing but I know theres alot of MMA/UFC fans on here.
What do you think of the upcoming fight between 5x world strongest man Marius Pudzianovski and Tim Silvia.
I know Marius is no real fighter but the guy's like f*****g bear, I cant see him getting beaten.
[youtube:3fgpggaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6oh4wqTKg&feature=related[/youtube:3fgpggaw]

GeminiX

Reaction score
Sometimes those are the most entertaining bouts, a broad difference in physique and fighting style can be a very exciting match :)

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
size dosnt mean nothing unless you got something to back it up such as technique or speed

brock lesnar is huge and in his debut he got submitted , now hes world champion because he learned to be patient and not rush in

with that being said this guy is huge butin his matches he just speeds and throws crazy punches , i say he takes this 1 only because tim sylvia sucks!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its definatley not going to be a classic or even a real fight. But it will be interesting for the short time it lasts.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont mean to hijack your thread but
did anyone see the fight this weekend overeem vs rogers wowwwww overeems a beast i remember seeing his fights since he was in pride he really evolved

oni

Reaction score
Tim Sylvia has been looking very out of shape in his last couple of fights.

Tim can take it but only if he is in shape and works the range. The problem is Tim has been figured out.

Cassin said:
Oh sure I agree. MrMuscles will have to land some amazing punches to have a chance and this fight will be a cardio nightmare.

I don't think he has a cardio problem as much as you think. :whistle:

Mariusz's technique with his low kick is very sloppy, he is asking to be punched in the face and with Sylvia's reach it will be so much easier.

I am going with a Mariusz rush with a TKO 1st round or if Sylvia comes in looking in shape Maiusz will get KO'ed when he rushes............................. :whistle:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Both sucks, but Sylvia sucks more.

(btw, cant wait for the Brock Vs. Carwin fight! :gay2:)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Cassin said:
It's going to be horribly boring
Cassin was correct!
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/23/14840 ... dzianowski

Dullest fight ever, did'nt know Sylvia was such a huge guy he was even bigger than Pudza.
Pudza lasted about 50 seconds before he was out of gas and he had no fighting skills whatsoever. Glad I never paid to watch this crap.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
How can you guys be a fan of a "sport" where fighters are allowed to kick/hit their opponents when they're already laying on the ground?

Cassin

Reaction score
MMA is pretty safe sport relatively. Lots of rules on what you can of can't do. It's safer than boxing where you get hit in the head over and over. Besides... Kicking a downed opponant is fairly useless and rarely used to effect due to the rules.

Nene

Reaction score
It is a very brutal sport and sometimes a little hard to watch, but I don't feel bad for those guys. No one forced them into the octogon. They can always choose to pursue another sport.

Cassin

Reaction score
American football is far more violant. I'm not saying mma is safe so much as it looks far worse than it really us at times due to the blood when a cut happens. I have seen thousands of fights and only recall a couple times where a guy couldn't walk out on his own two legs.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
How can you guys be a fan of a "sport" where fighters are allowed to kick/hit their opponents when they're already laying on the ground?
everything else is too damn boring :\

s.a.f

Reaction score
Shma said:
I much prefer boxing, but I'll watch any top level fight thats interesting.

Nene

Reaction score
I'm a boxing guy myself. Have you been watching the super six tournament saf? Got a Brit in it, Carl Froch.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah but he lost last time out. :(
Boxing abit dull at the moment everyones waiting for a Mayweather Paquiao fight. Theres not many Brit fighters that impress me they tend to be big fish in a small pond if you know what I mean.

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yeah but he lost last time out. :(
Boxing abit dull at the moment everyones waiting for a Mayweather Paquiao fight. Theres not many Brit fighters that impress me they tend to be big fish in a small pond if you know what I mean.

I actually thought Froch won that last fight but it was pretty close. I don't think he can win the whole tournament though, I think I like Andre Ward for that. You guys do have David Haye and Amir Khan. Khan just had a fight here in NY and looked pretty good. You're biggest star though would have to be Hatton, he's never really impressed me and his best days are def behind him.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Haye is ok but probably stands little chance against the Klitchko's Amir is ok aswell but has'nt got the chin or the power to go all the way against the top of the division.
Yeah Hattons been our best fighter of recent years he was good to watch but could'nt quite handle the top americans - although to be fair Mayweather and Paquiao are exceptional fighters. But Hattons finished now the best fight for him would be Amir just for the interest it would generate here.