Fighting_Bad_Gene's story

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
Hello, I am a 21 year old male, suffering from a receding hairline and a noticeable thinning on my crown. May I have your opinions on my current hair? I am thinking of going the propecia/rogaine route. Regarding my family history, everyone on my mothers side has hair, but on my fathers side their are a few people with bald heads, including my father. I started noticing a receding hairline when I was about 19, at that point I wasn't worried too much because it was barely noticeable. But as I grew older I began to notice it getting worse, I never had thinning on the crown until I noticed it this month.

Here are a few pictures of my current hair.

[attachment=2:3niazkba]snapshot(2).jpg[/attachment:3niazkba]

[attachment=1:3niazkba]snapshot (1).jpg[/attachment:3niazkba]

[attachment=0:3niazkba]snapshot(1).jpg[/attachment:3niazkba]

Well, that's all I have for now, I am thinking of making appointment with my dermatologist soon, to get some medication prescribed.

Thanks for looking at my thread.

Attachments

• snapshot(2).jpg
    snapshot(2).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 364
  • snapshot (1).jpg
    snapshot (1).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 348
  • snapshot(1).jpg
    snapshot(1).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 365

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Should I start the battle? How bad does it look?

Diffuse NW6

RecedingAt19

Reaction score

NW6? Holy smokes! :woot: Just made an appointment with my Doctor, seeing him in 5 weeks. Going to try Propecia and 5% Rogaine for a year, if all else fails going for a hairtransplant.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

"If all else fails" DO NOT GO FOR A TRANSPLANT! You ONLY do transplants when your loss has stabilized and you know what you're up against.

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
Update: It's been 3 weeks since I have been on Finastride. I am planning on soon combining Rogaine (Minoxidil 5%). I also plan to switch from Propecia to Proscar.

Side Effects: No penis side effects yet, sex drive seems to be a lot higher than it was before. Seamen is still the same. But I did notice an increase of acne.

I will update again after I begin using Minoxidil. Probably in 1 month.

Note: I take all my pictures under direct sunlight.

Attachments

• snapshot (2).jpg
    snapshot (2).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 259
  • snapshot (3).jpg
    snapshot (3).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 294

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
Alright, it's been 1 month and 6 days since I have been on Propecia. I wasn't able to switch to Proscar, so I will continue with Propecia. I also started with Minoxidil 5%, I have been on Minoxidil for 7 days now.

I am not experiencing any side effects at all, not even acne anymore. Everything is normal, my sex drive is the same, if a little higher. Also, no shedding....

Propecia: 1 month, 6 days.
Minoxidil: 7 days

Here is an update with pictures. My next update will be in November.

Attachments

• snapshot (9).jpg
    snapshot (9).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 293
  • snapshot (10).jpg
    snapshot (10).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 287
  • snapshot (6).jpg
    snapshot (6).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 284
  • snapshot (7).jpg
    snapshot (7).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 289
  • snapshot (8).jpg
    snapshot (8).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 297

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Well you are actually a NW2, BUT you are diffused in the NW5-6 pattern. You will respond very well to treatments since an increase in the diameter of your existing hairs will make it look much thicker even if you get no regrowth. Diffuse thinners seem to get more cosmetic effect (and faster) than traditional receders or crown baldies. Good Luck. It worked for me.

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's for a much needed update on my progresses. I apologize for the late update, I was really busy with school.

Propecia: 3 Months and 3 days.
Rogaine: 2.2 months
Biotin: 5 weeks. I use Biotin 5000 MCG, 1 pill per day. Costs me about $8 for 120 pills.

My hair has gotten really thick, and the visible bald spots on my crown are completely gone. I even received compliments from family, they noticed my hair was much darker and thicker.

So far, I am happy with the progress. I also noticed small hairs appearing on my hairline, which I hope something will thicken and fix my hairline completely.

Attachments

• snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 303
  • snapshot (1).jpg
    snapshot (1).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 298
  • snapshot (2).jpg
    snapshot (2).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 302
  • snapshot (3).jpg
    snapshot (3).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 278
  • snapshot (4).jpg
    snapshot (4).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 278

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
israelite said:
i cant believe your hairline improved that much in such a short time

Haha, it's really a slight improvement, I still have a long way to go. But it started off as these small light hairs about 1 month into treatment, they were barely visible. After 2 months, there were more of them scattered around the temple area, and they were a bit darker. Now 3 months later, I am just waiting for them to thicken.

If you wanna see crazy hairline improvement go look at ZeroHeat's story, that guy has the most amazing growth ever!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an extremely good result after such a short time, congratulations!
Expect your full head of hair to come back... :punk:

Mine is taking longer so far :whistle: hopefully I'll see some similar results.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Your results looks amazing! I'm about at same situation as you were and I'm going to get finasteride on the middle of December! Now I'm really looking forward that.