Fighting_Bad_Gene's story

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
Going2beBald? said:
Your results looks amazing! I'm about at same situation as you were and I'm going to get finasteride on the middle of December! Now I'm really looking forward that.

Thank you. I wish you the best of luck.

WillNotLetItHappen said:
This is an extremely good result after such a short time, congratulations!
Expect your full head of hair to come back... :punk:

Mine is taking longer so far :whistle: hopefully I'll see some similar results.

Thanks. You will, just keep sticking to your regime, good luck!

rogik22

Reaction score
those new pics you posted, it's like you never lost hair in the first place. thumbs up, keep us updated man

proton

Reaction score
Your hair resembles mine a lot. Looks like your getting some more volume from the pics, and it looks like your responding well. Good luck, keep at it.

Simplestone

Reaction score
Wow, your base-line photos look exactly like me right now. I had to double take to make sure I didn't drunk post pictures of myself to a hair loss forum. I started finasteride a couple weeks ago and am starting minoxidil when it arrives in the mail this week. Hope I get the same results as you xD

thinningcrown

Reaction score
Nice results. You got your crown back, you should be very lucky for getting so good results such a short time.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice results. My hair looks like your in the beginning but I havent gotten those results like you have. Great job.

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
UPDATE: Things are going downhill for me, I've been shedding terribly in the last 6 months until this very day. I noticed my crown is now thin again, just like the day I started my treatment. It seems my body is not responding to minoxidil and Finasteride anymore. I'm very disheartened and depressed.

It was only a temporary success....

I will be posting picture tomorrow.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Any side effects from the finasteride? I noticed no improvement while on it, although best case scenario was it maintained what I had prior to treatment. But the sides were devastating and hard to ignore. I used finasteride for about a year then stopped. Since ceasing treatment my hair has thickened and looks way better then while on finasteride. So weird. I only used the foam, regenepure DR, a multivitamin, and that's it.

Best of luck bud. Consider yourself lucky you didn't experience sides. I'm still recovering 3 months off.

rafa24

Reaction score
IMHO the early thickening and growth spurt was from the minoxidil foam, not finasteride which in most cases only maintains what you have.

A constant shed for 6 months is not normal nor a good sign. You can try and ride it out but you may want to trial a month or two of dropping the finasteride and see if things turn around.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Your case is very similar to mine, I started balding 19/20 in a diffuse NW6 pattern and got on finasteride/rogaine at 21. Been nearly three years now and my hairline has recessed a bit more (I'm a solid NW2) with some new miniaturization in the front and my crown is still thinning. But I still have a fullish head of hair and my male pattern baldness is progressing a lot slower. Stick to treatments, my re-growth peaked around 9 months and worsened but I'm not below baseline density wise. Cases like ours that are so aggressive meas we have to be consistent and stay on meds or else we'll lose it all real quick.