Finasteride losing effectiveness after 17 months, building up tolerance or what? (Blood Tests)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
See? If your body wants to vomit, that means it is not good for you health.
Hmm just read the Side effects of bicalutamide it says common side effects is hairloss and increased body hair growth. And many other sides.... Your breathing problem said it was a very serious side effect of lung inflammation. Man this drug is dangerous. Too many listed Side Effects... even dutasteride is safer than this crap. Adri23 Mr. Slap Head

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm just read the Side effects of bicalutamide it says common side effects is hairloss and increased body hair growth. And many other sides.... Your breathing problem said it was a very serious side effect of lung inflammation. Man this drug is dangerous. Too many listed Side Effects... even dutasteride is safer than this crap. Adri23 Mr. Slap Head
Yeah, I'll lower the dosage, but it is weird side effects only appear the hours after and next day, but then I don't have sides at all. For example I used it Friday, I was kinda bad hours after using it, and yesterday, I was very bad all day, but now I'm like I have never took bica.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alopecia areata is characterised by exclamation point hairs. Exclamation point hairs are 2-3mm long, are thicker at the ends and then get thin towards the base, and then a thick base. Are those small hairs you circled fitting that description?
Yes, just an assumption, though. Also, the pigtail and the broken hairs. Furthermore, I noticed that my legs have patchy hair loss, which was not like that before. They became like this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4830179/->Anterolateral Leg Alopecia.

Anyways, the clinic, fortunately, performs scalp biopsies, etc. I will make an appointment to check hair quality, trichoscopy, etc. I can't stand like this and losing ground rapidly. (I might have something autoimmune developed as well).

@300

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll lower the dosage, but it is weird side effects only appear the hours after and next day, but then I don't have sides at all. For example I used it Friday, I was kinda bad hours after using it, and yesterday, I was very bad all day, but now I'm like I have never took bica.
Adri, use about from 0.1 to 0.5% once-twice a week MAXIMUM. Bicalutamide it's so potent with such a great half-life. I hope your sides subside.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adri, use about from 0.1 to 0.5% once-twice a week MAXIMUM. Bicalutamide it's so potent with such a great half-life. I hope your sides subside.
Yeah I will bro, but these side effects are very weird. Haven't heard about them. Side effects goes away within a day fortunately.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I will bro, but these side effects are very weird. Haven't heard about them. Side effects goes away within a day fortunately.
Chest pain and breathing problems and swelling in legs are One of many sides of bicalutamide. U just havent read all the sides of it.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chest pain and breathing problems and swelling in legs are One of many sides of bicalutamide. U just havent read all the sides of it.
I've read something but that is usually with a dose of 50mg ml every day. I was using 10mg/ml twice weekly topically

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using 2 ml each time.
40 mg is pretty potent. Remember, I only used 0.1% estriol crushed in Ethanol, and my levels got up x10 times. The classic vehicle makes everything going systemic easily.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
40 mg is pretty potent. Remember, I only used 0.1% estriol crushed in Ethanol, and my levels got up x10 times. The classic vehicle makes everything going systemic easily.
But estriol is very potent, I don't think bica rise E that much, right?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
How can trans people use estrogen with these sides?
People will take crazy risks and desperate measures if they want something bad enough even if it means they will regret it later. Think about what you are doing yourself. Using a drug that is not the first line of treatment for hair loss. Why? They are going to deal with it for their ultimate goal. It's for self gratification and trying to use a band aid for a mental health problem.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still more potent than alfatradiol I think.
Yes, I would place it above Alfatradiol. But don't forget, neither 17α is "saint". Every treatment could give sides, and still 17α is an estrogen too.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
People will take crazy risks and desperate measures if they want something bad enough even if it means they will regret it later. Think about what you are doing yourself. Using a drug that is not the first line of treatment for hair loss. Why? They are going to deal with it for their ultimate goal. It's for self gratification and trying to use a band aid for a mental health problem.
Yeah, I always say mental health is more important than physical health. I can live with body aches, but not with severe anxiety and depression.