Finasteride Lost Effectiveness After 1 Week - Hyperandrogenicity?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP what you experience was pure placebo. Your hair doesn't even grow enough in a week for it to be 'thicker'. Most finasteride results come in at the year mark to give clarity to how long it takes.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. Maybe you’re just a bad responder, but I say give it another two weeks. Finasteride results peak at the 24 day mark. There is still hope. Ride out the shed and see where you’re at in two weeks.
His case is special. He reached peak results at 7 days mark. He should ride it out until the 14 days mark, this way he would have gone through two full hair cycles.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride
Day 3 of Finasteride 1mg was nothing short of a miracle. After I showered, my hair was thicker and firmer than it had been in so many years, and I saw little hairs sprouting all over (see BEFORE photo). I couldn't believe it was my hair when I looked in the mirror and ran my hand through it, I was gleeful with excitement and I showed my brother who acknowledged the stellar results. Most importantly however, I had NO MORE ITCH and inflammation post-ejaculation after about 10 years- I thought I was saved. I was having a few side effects right off the bat (sexual dysfunction, mental cloudiness) but the hair results were astonishing.

A few days went by, and I stopped noticing the side effects. However, around day 6 the itch/burning came back after ejaculating (and more constantly). I looked at my hair on day 7 (see AFTER photo) and my hair was very thin again, with what seemed like small new bald areas. I am heartbroken. All the new growing hairs have mostly disappeared. I wonder how it's possible that I responded and then stopped responding to the drug so quickly, and concerned this is hyperandrogenicity. I've also noticed accelerated hair growth elsewhere on my body.

I have read that this probably means I am a poor responder to the drug and that my hair loss will accelerate, i.e. that I'm genetically programmed to compensate for the DHT changes with increased androgen receptor expression and sensitivity. It just feels so bad to have had it work a miracle in such short time, and then leave me cheated like this. I had such high hopes and was planning my life years down the line. Is this temporary? Do I stop propecia now before I face more consequences?
Finasteride is not a miracle drug. You wouldn't get any in les visible results than 3 months so there s no way to lose effectiveness for something that didn't yet start to be effective.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
How will you inhibit DHT, which is formed from 3a-Androstanediol through the HSD3A enzyme? After all, finasteride does not inhibit it! 3α-Androstanediol1-dihydrotestosterone

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androstandion — dihydrotestosterone. HSD17B2 enzyme

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread poster is insanity and what he is claiming is not even physically possible. DAYS? Come on. Placebo and nothing else.

HLV