Finasteride Mandatory With Hair Transplant?

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's better to be a high Norwood without finasteride because you have hardly any hair left to save. The problem is for guys who are NW2/3 who are going to continue to bald behind their transplant. Those are the guys who might run into problems without finasteride.

Yes I know how it works , some people’s hair loss slow or stops before there a Norwood 5 also

DigbyDog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definately not mandatory. I never took it results are good.

Surgeons want you to get on it and will fool you into thinking it’s mandatory.

They do this as it’s more likely you’ll have better hair, more likely you’ll be happier with your hair - post better pictures and ultimately make them look better.

They aren’t thinking about you and potential for sides. They are thinking of their reputation.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are a diffuse thinner it only makes sense to get your drug regiment down pat before jumping into a transplant for a million reasons. It may even help you avoid a transplant.

Your transplant will look like sh*t in a few years if you are not a good responder to the drugs with floating islands of hair.

And you would be back for multiple grafts and fighting a losing battle.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definately not mandatory. I never took it results are good.

Surgeons want you to get on it and will fool you into thinking it’s mandatory.

They do this as it’s more likely you’ll have better hair, more likely you’ll be happier with your hair - post better pictures and ultimately make them look better.

They aren’t thinking about you and potential for sides. They are thinking of their reputation.
Are you a diffuse thinner?

When did you have your transplant done?