FlamingPie's Story (UPDATE PAGE 6)

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: FlamingPie's Story (age 22)

irishpride86 said:
where all do you apply the foam... and how much do you use, thanks !

i apply the foam to my temples and the frontal region. I also apply a little amount to the crown. I do this twice a day.

Im not sure exactly how much i use, although i do know that a month supply really lasts me like a month and a half. So i guess i may not be using as much as i should.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Great results so far.

I'd test out finasteride if I were you--stay on minoxidil, though.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

i dont think id ever try out finasteride....got some bad sides from saw palmetto. dont want to make the same mistake twice

but i do want to add something else to my regime soon. Im torn between two products: spironolactone cream and folligen spray .

Which one do you guys think i should add. spironolactone is said to be a dht blocker, which is a plus. But then again, i have only read one success story with it on all these boards.
Folligen spray is appealing because it seams easy to apply, and copper peptides are said to work. But, as well as spironolactone, not many success stories.

So any opinions?

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

Alright so it's been a full year since i started my rogaine+nizoral regime. Since then ive added revita shampoo(4 months ago) and spironolactone cream (2 months ago). Id like to think the spironolactone has been thickening up my hair but who knows.
So take a look at these new photos and let me know if you think ive improved or declined over the last year.
Also bear in mind that i got a haircut a few days ago so my hair in these new photos are much shorter than the other photos.

Attachments

• P1030098.JPG
    P1030098.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 261
  • P1030102.JPG
    P1030102.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 199
  • P1030104.JPG
    P1030104.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 236
  • P1030109.JPG
    P1030109.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 281

Obsidian

Reaction score
Re: FlamingPie's Story (age 22) 1 YEAR UPDATE

I see a modest improvement but without some internal 5AR inhibitor (Propecia, Dutasteride) or even another topical inhibitor such as RU58841, it really is an uphill battle. You sure you won't consider those options, i'm sure you could really thicken up with adding Propecia to your regimen :innocent:

Nene

Reaction score

:agree:
Obsidian said:
I see a modest improvement but without some internal 5AR inhibitor (Propecia, Dutasteride) or even another topical inhibitor such as RU58841, it really is an uphill battle. You sure you won't consider those options, i'm sure you could really thicken up with adding Propecia to your regimen :innocent:
:agree: For now your regimen seems to be doing the trick but you will lose ground and need finasteride eventually.

jcarp

Reaction score

I do see a certain improvement...
It would be good if you took a picture with your hair WET.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

wow my hair is going downhill fast. Its weird those pictures above were taking a little over a month ago, and now hair looks so much worse.
Im praying that maybe this is just some monster shed from the spironolactone cream (i just hit the 3 month mark).
Im so pissed cuz i was doing so good and now my hair looks the worst its ever been...dare i actually try finasteride?

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

If I see you walking down the street I wouldn't notice anything. On the photos from the baseline, your hair was a bit sparse now looks good. But I suggest adding finasteride 'cause DHT is still killing your hair.

BTW, I say stick with that dry but spiky hairstyle. Definitely hides the loss for you. [1st page, 2nd photo]

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

i had bad experiences with finasteride, but you may not. Try a smaller dose first if you do instead of hopping right on with the 1mg or 1.25.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

brandnew said:
i had bad experiences with finasteride, but you may not. Try a smaller dose first if you do instead of hopping right on with the 1mg or 1.25.

how long were you on finasteride? and did the sides go away?

jsidwell

Reaction score

i have been on finasteride for over 3 years with no side effects. at first, i was just using finasteride with nothing else. about 2 years ago i started noxin. my hairline has been receeding still so i started rogaine about 5 weeks ago. so far lots of shedding...i'm hoping the rogaine will help.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

i did name brand finasteride for 3.5 months so the 1mg. My sperm was really watery and i had problems staying hard or even getting hard. I stopped b/c i couldnt afford it and didnt know about proscar and being so much cheaper. Once I found out about it I tried taking proscar broken into 5 pieces and again had problem and lowered it down to half of a propecia pill then down to 1/4. I still had sides after about 3 months so I quit.

If I were to do it again I would buy name brand propecia and cut into 1/4 and start very low with every other day then move to half of a propecia every otherday and see how it worked.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

alright guys its been like 5 months since i last updated so here we go. I have been losing ALOT of ground recently. Its really scaring me now. 2 months ago a massive shed started happening but i was just hoping it had something to do with the spironolactone kicking in. But its been two months and the shed is just getting worse. Ive added spironolactone 6 months ago and it hasnt made the slightest difference to my hair. I even started skin needling two months ago on my temples and thats also done nothing to help.
I need to do something ASAP what should i do? Should I add tricomin spray will that help at all? Im really interested in this RU stuff but im gonna have to wait a while before i can afford that.
Here are some pictures for you to compare. There is one of my hair "styled," another with my hair pulled back, my crown, and another with my hair spiked up after a minoxidil application. Look back at my old pictures to see how its been getting thinner and receding more.

Attachments

• P1030124.JPG
    P1030124.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 223
  • P1030129.JPG
    P1030129.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 213
  • P1030120.jpg
    P1030120.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 216
  • P1030131.jpg
    P1030131.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 240
  • P1030132.jpg
    P1030132.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 223

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: FlamingPie's Story (UPDATE PAGE 4)

nothing???

does anyone have opinions on any of these products:
tricomin or folligen?
RU?
Nizoral 2%?

any advice please!

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

there is someone on here... (sorry cant remember who) that is having success with rogaine foam, tricomin, and nizoral. :/

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

brandnew, hows your hair been with your nizoral/spironolactone treatment?

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

i used nizoral and spironolactone for 4 months without any success at all. I actually think it got worse. I jumped on the rogaine foam twice a day around October 19th... I will say my crown may have improved but my hairline and temples have gotten worse!

Obsidian

Reaction score

Hey man, how are things going?

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

hey man things are going good. Since my last update 2 months ago my hair as stayed exactly the same, which is always good.
Since then I added nizoral 2% once a week. I figured it couldnt hurt, and since spironolactone is my only dht blocker i figured i could use anything extra.
Im thinking of dropping skin needling. Ive been doing it twice a week for over 5 months, and ive had absolutely no results from it. And it really is inconvenient, constantly cleaning it and such.

For now im happy where my hairs at, some point down the road I may add tricomin.
Only thing that sucks with my topical regime is the hassle when i go on trips and such. Just went on a weekend trip with my friends and it really was a pain trying to apply my stuff without them noticing, and without it interrupting the fun i was having.
Ill update with pictures soon.