Flax SDG

Goingat20

Reaction score
sublime said:
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=59864-flax-lignans-a

If this is true, why dont we all use it?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
sublime said:
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=59864-flax-lignans-a

If this is true, why dont we all use it?

I've been doing 80 - 120 mg daily since 11/22/05. No miracle cure in my case, but I'll keep with it.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
it healthy stuff... but for hair loss? i don't think so...

i use crushed flax seed...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
If it worked, then none of these big drug companies would be designing drugs like finasteride, dutasteride, and other 5AR-enzyme Inhibitors.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, Drug companies would have still made those meds. Since Flax cannot be patented. You wont spend millions on FDA approval if you know you cannot patent it and is available everywhere.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Flas has not been studied. Its side effects has not been studied ( even though there are none ). Doctors dont wanna prescribe something that has not been approved by FDA. If they do, tommorow I come to this site and everyone tells me " hey Flax is sh*t, get on Proepcia, your doctor is an idiot" then I will move on to another doctor. Anyways, to summarise, millions of dollars have been spent to show that Proecia works and FDA approved it and the doctors will go with that.

One thing to point, I am not a supporter of Flax. I am just pointing out whats fact

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sublime said:
Flax should really be taken whether you are losing hair or not as it prevents a lot of cancers.

Exactly...If it works for your hair...Awesome...If it does not...well its not a complete waste of money...I think it should be a part of atleast every hair losers diet

powersam

Reaction score
i think flax is great for a variety of reasons but it will not grow back your hair. put some on your cereal for its beneficial effects on your skin/heart/libido and if you think it helps your hair too then great, but don't get your hopes up.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with powersam.
And I will keep eating the crap. And I'll keep praying for it to just do a little good for my hair.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
sublime said:
This is why there are no side effects when taking Flax SDG since it does not go after 5AR in an unnatural way but does so as a normal body process.

HUH?? How is taking something which (allegedly) stops or reduces the production of the 5a-reductase enzyme (not that I actually believe that, just yet) not going after 5AR in an "unnatural way"?? Please explain that to me.

Bryan

powersam

Reaction score
the studies? a newspaper article from some community newspaper, and a 10 person non-blind study done by a health company obviously wanting to push their stuff? first off you bag the fda because of one rogue doctor who was falsifying results, then you post a study by a company pushing health products and talk about it as if it is gospel. even thought it contained only 10 people over 6 months and was non-blind.

you seem to say that the medical profession is inherently swayed by money so you cant trust their results, but the natural supplement community is not? grow up

Jacob

Reaction score
It's also been said that too much of lignans can be cancer causing..but they don't know how much is too much. I'd stick with what they recommend on the bottles.