Flax SDG

Jacob

Reaction score
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/dsFlaxseed.php

At high doses—and no one knows how much is too much—lignans might turn into cancer promoters. Indeed, some animal studies have found that high doses of plant estrogens can cause cancer cells to proliferate. We have no idea where that line—between enough and too much—might be drawn. All we can do is wait for further developments.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Jacob said:
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/dsFlaxseed.php

At high doses—and no one knows how much is too much—lignans might turn into cancer promoters. Indeed, some animal studies have found that high doses of plant estrogens can cause cancer cells to proliferate. We have no idea where that line—between enough and too much—might be drawn. All we can do is wait for further developments.

I'll be sure to keep y'all informed if I developed the Big C. I'm averaging between 80 - 140 mg SDG daily.

Jacob

Reaction score
Nobody knows how much is too much and for some too much may be a smaller amount than for another person. They say they don't know...they're not stating it as fact. So I don't see why there should be any "evidence" to prove anything. Maybe in the future there will be.

Moderation is just common sense. It could possibly be that what is on the label also makes sense(I don't even know what they say for the lignans..I've never cared).

I'm sure you recall IH(the expert) not being able to provide anything to the contrary. He's already finally learning about beta-sis..even dropping that if I remember correctly. On and on.

HMRlignan does require a smaller dose..remember :D

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Jacob said:
I'm sure you recall IH(the expert) not being able to provide anything to the contrary. He's already finally learning about beta-sis..even dropping that if I remember correctly. On and on.

Please don't bring the argument between you and IM hair into this board...

lol, jk... But it's stressful reading that stuff.

Jacob

Reaction score
Then maybe ppl shouldn't bring him up over here. Because I will point out how foolish it is..some of the stuff he's said and done- yes..including plagiarizing- and how ppl should learn to do their own research and not be so simplistic as to jump on the latest "expert"'s regimen to come along. I've never seen a regimen change so fast btw.

I also think it's dangerous how he goes around pretending to be a doctor- giving out "prescriptions" for their or their family members' problems.

He's the one wanting to be called an expert..remember. Not me.

:D

robtyketto

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Nobody knows how much is too much and for some too much may be a smaller amount than for another person. They say they don't know...they're not stating it as fact. So I don't see why there should be any "evidence" to prove anything. Maybe in the future there will be.

Moderation is just common sense. It could possibly be that what is on the label also makes sense(I don't even know what they say for the lignans..I've never cared).

HMRlignan does require a smaller dose..remember :D

Im currently taking Beta-Sis without any side effects, now Im slightly worried due to your comment above.

I've read on this forum that its possible to take too much a doseage which has negative side effects, is this what your implying or something else??

Thanks

Jacob

Reaction score
Yes it is possible to take too much. It all varies on the person etc etc etc. Another reason it's insane for somebody to be telling others to take this and take that and especially to do so by saying take this particular amount etc :!:

It's been known for years that these same internals that "mess" with your hormones can cause the same kind of side effects(or different ones..again- depends on the person) as the "drugs".

BTW..policosanol is another product that acts like beta-sis in a way..as far as dealing with cholesterol. There used to be someone(Oz of the Ozbrew fame) who claimed it helped him with his hair as well as other things. Some others also jumped on the stuff- bought it from him even.

Anyway..here's some interesting info on a nano-poli product(notice they say that poli's are found in Saw Palmetto as well)

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/new ... olicosanol

Jacob

Reaction score
Sublime..what is your problem? You act like I just made up something like someone else we know has done quite often.

They are..if you read between the lines..cautioning ppl and saying- this is what happened in a study or studies done on rats..it could possibly do the same for humans.

I posted it in this thread because 1) I can and 2) because it was on topic and something some may want to know. It's the same reason why I posted elsewhere about there's probably no need to take as much GliSODin as was being discussed. The same for Beta-sis. Obviously that information helped out even an expert.

HMRlignan does require a smaller dose. And I'd be willing to bet they'll say it's best to stick with their recommendations.