fluridil

dude11

Reaction score
hi all.
ive been losing hair quite rapidly in the past few moths.
after reading alot, ive decided to start using fluridil, it has the fewer reported side effects then other topical antiandrogens and reported to be usefull by several in the reduction of hairloss.
ive been using it for about a month now, im still losing alot of hair daily, and it shows now sign of slowing.
ive also been using prox-n but i do make sure not to wet the scalp after using fluridil.
im quite scared of side effects so i thought that would be my best choice, however im begining to think i need to start using a different topical, with offcourse as minimum risk to the body.
i know that the flutamid does have strong side effects, but i would like to know which topical should i change to.
i havent got time to waste if i want to keep my current hair and it seems the fluridil is not showing any signs of slowing my hairloss.
pls help

el_duterino

Reaction score
Do you have some pics you can show, and can you describe the stage of your hairloss before starting the drugs ?

If your stage of hairloss is too advanced, anti-androgen drugs in general will not be as effective.

I am currently "testing" Fluridil, and so far after 3 weeks it seems at least as effective as Flutagel, without the side effects . I removed Flutagel & Finasgel from the topical equation, and will see how this holds after a few weeks more.

I saw this reference post from a doctor (see last post) and this seemed serious enough:
http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... 6431062273

But I also do take oral dutasteride 3 times a week.

Some advice: make sure your scalp is really dry before using Fluridil. I shampoo and use a hot hair drier to completely dry the hair and then wait about 30 minutes before using fluridil.
And I don't apply anything else as topical after that for at least 6 hours.

Also, since you seem to have aggressive hairloss, you might want to consider adding Duasteride or at least oral finasteride for a while. There are no major health dangers and the side effects are rare.
And in case you do get side effects, those will dissapear if you reduce the amount or stop so you can at least give it a try.

Good luck

kite_boy

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
it seems at least as effective as Flutagel, without the side effects .

But I also do take oral dutasteride 3 times a week.

Good luck

unbelievable statement!!!! Why do people question that flutagel gave them sides while on oral dutasteride???

el_duterino

Reaction score
let me elaborate:
1)with oral dutasteride 0.5 mg a day alone, I sometimes got a slightly low libido, but still enough to sexually perform adequately, given the right girl. I was on that dutasteride regimen for 4 years.

2)with oral dutasteride 0.5 mg a day + 1 Flutagel application a day on my whole thinning scalp, after 2.5 months I had serious troubles performing & getting erections without an ED drug. Interest in sex was very low. Even using the ED drug, sex was not great, and penile sensitivity/orgasms were poor.

3)after lowering dutasteride to 3 times a week & lowering Flutagel to an EOD limited application to my hairline only, my libido is high again and better than 1)

dude11

Reaction score
tnx for the answer.
my hair loss is quite progressive in a matter of few months.
the "crown" area is almost empty atm from hair and im losing hair from the front area aswell.
i dont think im gonna take oral drugs after reading about the severe side effects that comes from interefering with the hormonal system of the body, but i do want to change my regimen because the fluridil after a month doesnt seem to show any signs of reducing hairloss.
im using it correctly, on a dry scalp, and it stays with nothing else on for at least 6-8 hrs.
i have read in some posts that flutamid has a high systemic absorbtion and is very likely to have side effects so im inquiring about other solutions like spironolactone, topical finasteride or anything i havent heard enough about.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Flutamide looks dangerous. Fluridil looks like its worth a shot if you have the cash. I'd try it if I though I could afford it in an on going manner.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm considering using fluridil but it does look expensive and im yet to hear and great success from anyone?

I love the idea of no side effects!

amsch

Reaction score
@el_duterino: Do you think there is any side-effect-free topical antiandrogen that works well? I mean, i couldn't handle oral propecia, just corious what else i could take (right now i use revivogen, what do you think about that?)

el_duterino

Reaction score
Anyone serious about hairloss should at least add fluridil.

There are absolutley no side effects, i used it for 2 months. do a search and you wil not be able to find any reported side effects. the molecule has been designed for hair-loss and formulated to avoid any side effects.
And fluridil is very easy to order and manufactured by a real pharma firm, not mixed in some unknown lab like Sinere or vitaminox.
What fluridil does is destroying androgen receptors (AR). this is a must if you have androgenic alopecia.
Do a search on BP-766, the patent report explains the details on how it works.
Bp-766 = fluridil = Eucapil
But the problem is that it is difficult to constantly destroy all AR on the scalp where it has been applied, therfore fluridil works best in synergy with a DHT reducer (finasteride, dutasteride, equol) and androgen antagonist/blocker like RU58841 or Flutamide. Depending on the stage of your hairloss fluridil will be enough on its own for some time.

I don't think anyone is still using RU now, because it is not manufactured by a regular pharma firm and very hard to obtain, and extremely expensive, unstable and hard to control in terms of quality. It is made in China :(

I am using RU58841, but so far it is too early to report anything. And RU can also have side effects too, just like other anti-androgens.The RU solution that I have received is very liquid and surely absorbed through the skin.

JWM

Reaction score
Many question the authenticity of the studies backing Fluridil considering the only ones avaialble were funded by the company that manufactures the product.

Not to mention the stuff is EXPENSIVE!

el_duterino

Reaction score
JWM,
did you read the patent tests on Bp-766 ?, this was written before the company bought the patent.

Did you read this:
http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... 6431062273
see the last post ?

Expensive ? did you ever buy RU58841 ?
fluridil is just slightly more expensive than Sinere`s stuff, for a month supply, and reliable shipping/manufacturing is not an issue.

If you include shipping costs to outside europe, fluridil is USD 2 a day/ampule.

Is 2 dollars extra a day expensive ?
I am not claiming that it is a cure on its own, but it is worth the extra 2 bucks in a thourough regimen which targets the effects of DHT. And it adds no side effects.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, where is the best place to secure fluridil - With decent international shipping?

amsch

Reaction score
el_duterino, do you think that fluridil + revivogen could be a descent combo? What do you think about revivogen, btw?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I never used Revivogen myself so I cannot comment.But if Revivogen does reduce a lot of DHT this sounds like a very good combination.
Fluridil destroys androgen receptors, so in therory it is the best approach to androgenic alopecia since we have too many AR and they bind to DHT too much.

But in vivo, it is very hard to destroy ALL the AR in a consistant way at all time, therefore Fluridil will probably not be able to completely halt hairloss, used on its own at the 1 ampule a day concentration.
However, anything that reduces the number of AR is good, even if it is only a partial reduction.

Fluridil will help a DHT reducer to be much more effective, since there are less AR to bind with.

Reducing 100% of DHT by finasteride/dutasteride/Revivo only, is very diffcult to achieve and not healthy.
Not to mention the small but existing issue of testosterone binding to the AR.

Think of Fluridil as a finasteride/dutasteride/Revivogen booster, without adding any extra side effects.

I ordered it from menspharma.com in the UK., and shipping/response was very fast. There are a few other places that sell over the net, with different shipping options too.

amsch

Reaction score
another question to the duterino expert ;)

I’ve been suffering from side effects from propecia. However, after 4 1/2 months it worked very well for me. I had some bloodwork done and my estrogene lvl was HIGH above range (2x the maximum). Is it possible that not the reduction of dht, but the raise of estrogens (which we all know that can be caused by propecia and which may lead to effects like gynecomastia) is beneficial for the hair? And do you think i could have success with a lower dose finasteride together with a hormonal balance supplement like “DIMâ€￾ to reduce side effects? Or is it to dangerous for a guy like me (i’m 19, you saw that i reacted quite sensitively to hormonal drugs).

thanks

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hi Amsh, what kind of side effects did you have on finasteride ? I never had any sides on finasteride.
According to the research, the effects of finasteride taken orally are not very dose related so taking 0.5 a day instead of 1 mg a day will not change much in terms of sides/hair.
Not sure about the estrogen part.

Sinere is still making a topical finasteride 1% in a Gel, which I tried before, that could potentially reduce the side effects in your case.
i forgot to write that fluridil must not be mixed with water, so if you plan to use another topical you need to alternate mornings/evenings or EOD. Finasgel has some water in it.