Follica Announce Expected Fda Filing In 2020

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're probably blasting patent office with every chemical under the sun to hide what it is as long as possible. It doesn't prove they are using them all in the treatment.

If Tsuji announced they were offering an early version of their treatment, with Follica's level of regrowth, we would thrilled about it. Follica's popularity suffers because they aren't doing something hi-tech enough.

I think that is the correct analysis of the reaction.

We've seen this many times — people here actually have this idealized "vision" of what "the cure" will be.

So many, if it's not this one-and-done thing, they feel it's not worth their time...

It's like, how about just go with what actually works and is a realistic option. Once Tsuji does come out, literally no one here will get it by the time the rest of us have moved on from these forums for good.

Get on the meds. Save a bit of dough to get whatever Follica and (possibly) Shiseido can do for you done, and possibly augment that with a transplant. That's all you've realistically got before most of the mid-20s guys here are like, 40.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So pretty much it's just a glorified microneedling apparatus rebranded as being a hair loss product, which from the looks of things they are attempting to pair with every single drug that has ever (and already) been raised here at one point in time as a potential treatment.

Thanks!
I don't think that's a bad thing. Everyone keeps knocking needling results saying that it is the increased minoxidil absorption that is responsible. Then why aren't we using this in conjunction with other treatments that had some science behind it to see if the addition of needling helps absorption and results?

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So pretty much it's just a glorified microneedling apparatus rebranded as being a hair loss product, which from the looks of things they are attempting to pair with every single drug that has ever (and already) been raised here at one point in time as a potential treatment.

Couldn't see anything on frequency which I think is the most interesting possible takeaway as I think the 1.5 mm+ depth once a week that is mooted on here is not the best practice long-term, at least for some.

Thanks!

If you think that's all they've done, you're not paying attention.

They've spent the better part of 15 years perfecting the wounding response, determining optimum depth, frequency, catalysts - it's a little more complicated than just, "needling."

Anyway, it looks like they've added a little more info to their site as well: http://www.follicabio.com/#in-office

Note the graphic that says, "Follica device and existing drugs." Thank God - that strongly suggests they are going to go to market without waiting for a novel compound to get through trials first. What we'll get first is "Follica 1.0," then they'll update the protocol with new compounds as they become available. If they'd decided to wait until their own new drug(s) were cleared, it would have been another ten years.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was replying to the other poster's claim that finasteride didn't work for him, providing one anecdote to counter his anecdote that he was attempting to use as a means to suggest finasteride doesn't work. Your reading comprehension sucks.
Just get lost. You’re in the wrong part of this website. We actually don’t care what you have to say.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, it looks like they've added a little more info to their site as well: http://www.follicabio.com/#in-office

Note the graphic that says, "Follica device and existing drugs."

I clicked on the above link, and I don't see "Follica device and existing drugs." Maybe I am missing it, or they changed it? I see: "CAUTION: Investigational device and new drug. Limited by United States law to investigational use."

For the record, I've always assumed it would be their device coupled with existing drugs, at least for the short-term.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I clicked on the above link, and I don't see "Follica device and existing drugs." Maybe I am missing it, or they changed it? I see: "CAUTION: Investigational device and new drug. Limited by United States law to investigational use."

For the record, I've always assumed it would be their device coupled with existing drugs, at least for the short-term.

Interesting.

I clicked the link yesterday and like you couldn't find it until I saw the 3rd orange graphic that said (Device & existing drugs), but apparently they've updated the image since yesterday and replaced it with just (Device plus drug).

Google cached it so you can see it here
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...om/in-office+&cd=2&hair loss=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

And if by the time anybody reading this and the cache above has updated to reflect the change, here's the image
upload_2019-10-25_11-41-41.png

I have no clue what the change implies, if anything. But it's still interesting.

My personal unsubstantiated opinion is that it's still using existing drugs but they changed it to intentionally keep it vague to give the impression to clueless people that it's an entirely new and original treatment. Which isn't inherently a bad thing. Even though it is technically intentional deception, in terms of marketing it's the smart play that will improve ad retention.

*Also considering that the cache is from a month ago, it means one of two things:
1. They're either reading this forum and saw the post yesterday and changed the infographic, or
2. The post caused someone to email/reach out to follica to question them about that specific page and infographic, which caused them to change it.

Not sure which one is more likely. The possible implications of the former are more interesting than the latter and in my opinion odd. Feels strange that they'd be tracking a hair loss forum so intently to have such a fast turnaround on changes to a graphic.

Last edited:

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If you take a look at this post, you will see a photo with two different kinds of boxes so maybe we will have a device and a drug. Photo was taken before, therefore Follica has been working on that for quite a while.

Hope they give us a new drug soon!

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/img_1877-png.47874/

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you think that's all they've done, you're not paying attention.

They've spent the better part of 15 years perfecting the wounding response, determining optimum depth, frequency, catalysts - it's a little more complicated than just, "needling."

Note the graphic that says, "Follica device and existing drugs." Thank God - that strongly suggests they are going to go to market without waiting for a novel compound to get through trials first. What we'll get first is "Follica 1.0," then they'll update the protocol with new compounds as they become available. If they'd decided to wait until their own new drug(s) were cleared, it would have been another ten years.

The 15 years part is very true. I remember reading about them in the bathtub at least 12 years ago and nadda! They were covert as hell.

To all the schmucks having a cry saying it’s just more needling. I hope this means that when they release their product (refined needling + their own new compound hopefully without sides) you will eat your cry baby whinging and abstain from using it on account of being retarded.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
The 15 years part is very true. I remember reading about them in the bathtub at least 12 years ago and nadda! They were covert as hell.

To all the schmucks having a cry saying it’s just more needling. I hope this means that when they release their product (refined needling + their own new compound hopefully without sides) you will eat your cry baby whinging and abstain from using it on account of being retarded.

Theres already a thread of a bunch of schmucks needling/wounding....it's got how many pages now??? Haven't seen any good results yet ....this will end up being the same thing ...just more hyped bs for people to get disappointed in .....

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres already a thread of a bunch of schmucks needling/wounding....it's got how many pages now??? Haven't seen any good results yet ....this will end up being the same thing ...just more hyped bs for people to get disappointed in .....
Are you retarded?

There are definitely responders in there. If they improve something that we are hacking than it’s a win.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-10-25_21-35-22.png

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 13:33:39 GMT

----

I wouldn't swear to it, but it looks like they're talking about an IND for a *new drug as well as the device. I wonder what the new drug is.

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 130859

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 13:33:39 GMT

----

I wouldn't swear to it, but it looks like they're talking about an IND for a *new drug as well as the device. I wonder what the new drug is.

Yes exactly - and this isn’t even new news.

It’s just that certain hair transplant supporters / finasteride supporting muppets tend to drown out this side of the story with their constant complaining

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since they have called it Rain, I guess that this is going to be a new topical. It can´t be a pill, I think.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that is the correct analysis of the reaction.

We've seen this many times — people here actually have this idealized "vision" of what "the cure" will be.

So many, if it's not this one-and-done thing, they feel it's not worth their time...

It's like, how about just go with what actually works and is a realistic option. Once Tsuji does come out, literally no one here will get it by the time the rest of us have moved on from these forums for good.

Get on the meds. Save a bit of dough to get whatever Follica and (possibly) Shiseido can do for you done, and possibly augment that with a transplant. That's all you've realistically got before most of the mid-20s guys here are like, 40.
Another pointless post what about dozens of others cosmeceuticals and drugs to be approved in the next 1-2 years like sammumed/tissuse/Way/follicum etc...

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another pointless post what about dozens of others cosmeceuticals and drugs to be approved in the next 1-2 years like sammumed/tissuse/Way/follicum etc...
Pro-tip:

Anyone on these forums that makes a long *** post about future treatments claiming like they know sh*t about anything is lying and should be immediately ignored.

There is not one single person on this forum that ACTUALLY KNOWS anything about any of these treatments. We are all endlessly speculating.

In fact it is the people that act the most confident about their predictions that often times know the least amount.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pro-tip:

Anyone on these forums that makes a long *** post about future treatments claiming like they know sh*t about anything is lying and should be immediately ignored.

There is not one single person on this forum that ACTUALLY KNOWS anything about any of these treatments. We are all endlessly speculating.

In fact it is the people that act the most confident about their predictions that often times know the least amount.
very legit and in general people on this forums dont know sh*t they are just anxiety ridden males that vent here for the most part

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
very legit and in general people on this forums dont know sh*t they are just anxiety ridden males that vent here for the most part
Two things that give it away the most:
- declarative statements from new members

- new members that start off by saying “I’m a long term lurker”