Follica Annual Reports And Accounts April 2017

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop's first part in this thread says it all. If additional compounds were included to enhance efficient than marketing potential, then why are the projected results the same as minoxidil and skin disruption alone? Sorry guys, but even if it is not just minoxidil, it might as well be.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If skin disruption with minoxidil could restore half of someone's hair like in the stupid study you are referring to, it would have been done long ago. The tests swoop is referring have not been replicated and are frankly bogus in my opinion

Your opinion is worthless. In the opinion of the Follica team, that study is legitimate, and they are betting their careers on it. Show me one study that validates your "opinion". I don't care about some random people on the Internet who think that gushing blood means you're doing it right. "The deeper you wound the more hair you get, bro." You'll excuse me if I don't take their anecdotal failures seriously.

ETA: Also, keep in mind that most people who have tried dermarolling are the old and desperate who have already tried everything else without success. Those people aren't the best test cases, they are the ones who nature is determined to keep bald no matter what.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If skin disruption with minoxidil could restore half of someone's hair like in the stupid study you are referring to, it would have been done long ago. The tests swoop is referring have not been replicated and are frankly bogus in my opinion

Your opinion is worthless. In the opinion of the Follica team, that study is legitimate, and they are betting their careers on it. Show me one study that validates your "opinion". I don't care about some random people on the Internet who think that gushing blood means you're doing it right. "The deeper you wound the more hair you get, bro." You'll excuse me if I don't take their anecdotal failures seriously.
Im saying that the skin disruption does not work with just minoxidil

Then you are wrong.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

ETA: Also, keep in mind that most people who have tried dermarolling are the old and desperate who have already tried everything else without success. Those people aren't the best test cases, they are the ones who nature is determined to keep bald no matter what.

I did it and I was 28, nw2 on my way to an nw3... it didn't work at all for me, but I agree with you that there is a scientific way to go about wounding to make it effective. Mindlessly gnashing your head with needles isn't the essentially the same as what follica is planning.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If their formula is skin disruption + minoxidil alone (and assuming it gives any noticeable results), then why have no users of minoxidil ever stumbled onto this fact in the last 30 years?

No way. It has to be more than that or we would already know about it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If their formula is skin disruption + minoxidil alone (and assuming it gives any noticeable results), then why have no users of minoxidil ever stumbled onto this fact in the last 30 years?

No way. It has to be more than that or we would already know about it.

They have. Look up the campfire guy, and even members of this forum, like somebody. People have only started dermarolling as a hair loss protocol relatively recently, and few have done it properly. Until dermarolling became a thing recently, someone would have to discover it by accident. How likely is it that someone out of the 1 percent of hair loss sufferers who use minoxidil would accidentally wound their entire head by the right amount over and over again at the right interval until they achieved results?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
No more arguing. It's obviously not minoxidil, that is literally so misguided. It is the sole profession of people much smarter than anyone on this site to ensure the success of this company, and you're going to say it's minoxidil? Do a little research, this has been out there.

That's a great argument to make ;).

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I think the wounding itself creates new follicles and minoxidil will be for improving the unhealthy hair. I can say minoxidil will be the major liquid and there will be some secondary liquids that can a bit improve the result

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. Minoxidil will be the main componemt. And I will again get facial bloating, wrinkles, under eye circles, insomnia and heart palpitations. This is something I am REALLY looking forward to. If gail would introduce histogen then I could get wounding done for more hair then introduce histogen to keep it going.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree. Minoxidil will be the main componemt.

Minoxidil might well be one of them. From Follica's web site, it says:

Our at-home treatment system is being designed to better deliver a range of compounds directly to the scalp and fit seamlessly into a daily routine. ...

... We are developing a new, noninvasive in-office treatment performed by a licensed medical professional, designed around Follica’s proprietary device to disrupt the skin and create
de novo hair follicles.

As far as I know, minoxidil "stimulates hair growth" but doesn't create new HF. Follica (Washenik, Anderson, Cotsarelis et al) are claiming to be able to create new HF.

Could it be that wounding plus application of minoxidil alone does create de novo HF?

If that is not the case, then what might a range of compounds include besides minoxidil?

Last edited:

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If minoxidil does not 'create' new follicles, it at the very least awakens dormant follicles lying beneath the skin. I've been derma rolling and applying minoxidil to my face for about a year and I went from barely having sideburn whiskers to be being able to grow a somewhat respectable hipster beard.

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
If minoxidil does not 'create' new follicles, it at the very least awakens dormant follicles lying beneath the skin. I've been derma rolling and applying minoxidil to my face for about a year and I went from barely having sideburn whiskers to be being able to grow a somewhat respectable hipster beard.
How often were you dermarolling and how deep?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often were you dermarolling and how deep?

Been using a .5mm roller, probably an average 6 times a month for like 8 months I'd say. Was just using minoxidil for the first 5-6 months but the rolling really seemed to accelerate growth of hair on my mustache connectors. Went from not even having vellus hairs to tiny vellus, then transitional and now they're turning terminal.

Tried to repeat on my hairline but the roller can't work the same because the hair that I do have is too long I believe.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
From this article about Dr and professor Rox Anderson

" Men of a certain age have been eagerly tracking another Anderson company, Boston-based Follica. Cofounded by Anderson and Cotsarelis at the University of Pennsylvania, the company hopes to combine a medical device and drug to stimulate hair growth. Zohar at PureTech says that Follica is getting ready to publish some of the results of its clinical studies, and marching toward what it hopes will be eventual approval from the Food and Drug Administration. (PureTech is an investment firm in Boston that helps form new ventures like Follica.) "

See it soon :)

source: https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...never-heard/dfZFRbcdtjLcqyxci9vKlM/story.html

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have. Look up the campfire guy, and even members of this forum, like somebody. People have only started dermarolling as a hair loss protocol relatively recently, and few have done it properly. Until dermarolling became a thing recently, someone would have to discover it by accident. How likely is it that someone out of the 1 percent of hair loss sufferers who use minoxidil would accidentally wound their entire head by the right amount over and over again at the right interval until they achieved results?

People wouldn't need to wound or dermaroll their entire scalp to find out it worked. Follica's early wound research was saying the area needed to be a couple millimeters across for the effects to kick in. So pretty much any wound that is large enough to notice any hair gains at all, would be enough for the process to work.

minoxidil has been around for 30 years. It's been used by probably hundreds of thousands of men. I think a few men have gotten a scrape on their hairline/head and not stopped using minoxidil during that time. I'm convinced that Follica's formula will be something more than wounding + minoxidil.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
From this article about Dr and professor Rox Anderson

" Men of a certain age have been eagerly tracking another Anderson company, Boston-based Follica. Cofounded by Anderson and Cotsarelis at the University of Pennsylvania, the company hopes to combine a medical device and drug to stimulate hair growth. Zohar at PureTech says that Follica is getting ready to publish some of the results of its clinical studies, and marching toward what it hopes will be eventual approval from the Food and Drug Administration. (PureTech is an investment firm in Boston that helps form new ventures like Follica.) "

See it soon :)

source: https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...never-heard/dfZFRbcdtjLcqyxci9vKlM/story.html

Good find dude. I think a HairLossTalk.com member also did an interview with Follica and they said they will post trial results on the follica site soon. We should stay on the lookout.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
People wouldn't need to wound or dermaroll their entire scalp to find out it worked. Follica's early wound research was saying the area needed to be a couple millimeters across for the effects to kick in. So pretty much any wound that is large enough to notice any hair gains at all, would be enough for the process to work.

minoxidil has been around for 30 years. It's been used by probably hundreds of thousands of men. I think a few men have gotten a scrape on their hairline/head and not stopped using minoxidil during that time. I'm convinced that Follica's formula will be something more than wounding + minoxidil.

A scrape isn't going to grow hair. You have to keep wounding the same area over and over at the proper depth. If it doesn't work, then explain the success stories on the forum from the people who had no success until they added dermarolling. Explain the dermarolling study that Follica themselves refer to in their patent.

Also, explain why Follica says that wounding works even without drugs. By your logic, everyone who has ever had an injury should have hair. Either dermarolling and minoxidil works, or your Follica friends are lying. Which is it?

Last edited:

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you guys sure? How would that even be possible. They haven't even started their clinical trial yet?

Or you know its the f*cking media at work again, misrepresenting/hyping stuff. :D

Sure about what? That they'll post trial results soon? I dont think they are talking about the trial results of the pivotal trial that is going to be conducted, but of previous ones. Maybe it will give us insights into what they will be using. I for one dont care if its just minoxidil. Lol I dont really understand why people say its a bad thing. A formulated procedure to grow new hair is still a good thing, even if it just uses minoxidil.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
A scrape isn't going to grow hair. You have to keep wounding the same area over and over at the proper depth. If it doesn't work, then explain the success stories on the forum from the people who had no success until they added dermarolling. Explain the dermarolling study that Follica themselves refer to in their patent.

Also, explain why Follica says that wounding works even without drugs. By your logic, everyone who has ever had an injury should have hair. Either dermarolling and minoxidil works, or your Follica friends are lying. Which is it?

Earlier you mentioned the BBQ guy, and I don't think he planted his forehead on the grill over and over again. I think there is an effective way to go about wounding to generate new hair follicles, and I don't think a derma roller is that specific way. We will find out necessary frequency when they rollout their data hopefully.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Earlier you mentioned the BBQ guy, and I don't think he planted his forehead on the grill over and over again. I think there is an effective way to go about wounding to generate new hair follicles, and I don't think a derma roller is that specific way. We will find out necessary frequency when they rollout their data hopefully.

Again, you all want to believe Follica doesn't know what they're talking about when they say that dermarolling works, but you want to believe they are geniuses who have some super secret compound that will cure you. You all just want to believe so badly that you don't see the contradiction in your own logic.