FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE HELP ME! ANYBODY!

spmorgan

Reaction score
I'm having a similar situation as the op. I began finasteride in March last year. I started losing hair fairly quickly after that and lost hair for a good 5 months. It then seemed to take a break (at least not losing the hundreds that I was losing), but starting in November, the sheds started again. This time, my hair has become very very diffuse on top. I started a year ago with a good head of hair and only started finasteride as a precautionary measure, and since beginning have only gotten much worse.

I'm almost at the point of the op where I think I should shave my head just so I stop worrying about it constantly. I hope that, as the op, I'll recover in the next few months, but it has been almost a year of hell on this stuff.

Shawn

Ryansworld11

Reaction score
Hair loss and sheds are a b**ch but you'll kick yourself if you give up. Stopping taking finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral isn't going to improve the situation if you think of it like that. Sure the shedded hairs might (and most likely will) return but eventually male pattern baldness will creep back up and you'll hit rock bottom again and start all the treatments again. Or shave it off and accept defeat.

Sheds sometimes are seasonal like my current situation, my hair is always shedding and thinning around this time of year (as I can see from picture ive taken) but it does seem to recover.

Patience is key, at least slowing this burden of hair loss is better than nothing is it not?

My older brother (by one year, 25) had to get a buzz cut two years ago because his hair thinned and receded so much that he had no choice, my hair at that time was bad, a year behind my brother for sure, the ironic thing was he had thicker hair than me to begin with and always received comments on how good it was . Thats when I started the big 3. Today his hair is still thinning with a bald spot appearing at the crown and my hair is okay, its thin now with a bad shed due to starting back on minoxidil 3months (quiting was a mistake, lost alot of ground), I am currently maybe norwood 1-2 and have maintained that for the last two year while my bro would be norwood 3 pushing 4.

The end conclusion why my hair is not a norwood 3-4 like my bro? The big 3. Simple. You might not get great or any regrowth but hey a few more years of maintaining your locks is better than not having them. More and more people I know are starting to lose their hair and I feel sorry for them because I know the hours lost worrying, but thats not going to fix the problem, if you commit to the big 3 stick it out 2 year min or don't bother starting. I bought one year supple of the big 3 so I would have no excuses to keep with it a year.

Diet and lifestyle make a big difference too I was in great phyical and mental condition last year, training 4 days a week and eating a strict diet and following the big 3 routine and my hair never looked better, now I'm totally lazy, eating worse, alot of cheap, fatty foods, less fruit n veg, rarely exercising, stops taking supplements and my hair is thin and lifeless, like my lifestyle, I find it hard not to find a link here too.

Good luck everyone who reads this, keep on fighting the good fight! :)

NYCHair

Reaction score
I think being healthy, eating right and working out boost your mood and self confidence - thus you are less negative about your hair. When you are lazy and down you have to look at your hair in a less than positive light. That is the connection I think.