Four month progress on big three regimen

hairdoctor

Reaction score
So, here's my progress after four months of the regimen. Initially I started of with only 5% minoxidil (Lipogaine) and Nizoral for a month. However, after hearing a lot of comments on the importance of 1 mg finasteride, I started taking it. The first few days I started taking finasteride I noticed a sharp pain in my groin. I was scared and stopped for a few days and again cautiously started taking 1/2 a pill a day for a few weeks. Now for two months on the full pill. So, these pictures were taken before I started the regimen.

image5.jpgimage4.jpgimage1.jpg

A lot of thinning on the crown and a bit of flaring on the front left hairline. Two months into the regimen, I noticed a lot of shedding which only got worse with the change in dosage of finasteride. The below picture was taken at that time.

IMG_3815.jpg

Now, four months into the regimen, I noticed a major decrease in shedding (I had my hand full of hair strands whenever I applied minoxidil). Also I'm taking 10,000 mcg bition and 25 mg Zinc everyday. Below are the pictures taken today, exactly four months after.

IMG_4109.jpgIMG_4110.jpgIMG_4111.jpg

Very happy with the progress so far. And also noticed hair is a bit healthier, thanks to biotin and zinc. What do you guys think? any suggestions?

hellnah

Reaction score
That's awesome man. I've been taking finasteride and minoxidil for 8 days and my hair got worse. I can see through the hair into the scalp on my left side. Should I stick to it or just use minoxidil? finasteride is starting to scare me as I haven't seen any good from it... Think the hair I lost from taking finasteride would come back if I stop? And just go along its natural process?

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
That's awesome man. I've been taking finasteride and minoxidil for 8 days and my hair got worse. I can see through the hair into the scalp on my left side. Should I stick to it or just use minoxidil? finasteride is starting to scare me as I haven't seen any good from it... Think the hair I lost from taking finasteride would come back if I stop? And just go along its natural process?
Don't stop man. Keep at it; ride out the shed. Finasteride's side effects are over hyped. I would say mostly psychological. Consistency is the key. Finasteride and Minoxidil 5%!

Also, nice regrowth Hairdoctor!

hairdoctor

Reaction score

Don't give up on finasteride yet! Also, you've just been on it for 8 days. See through it for at least 3-4 months before you take a decision. minoxidil and finasteride work in different mechanisms and combining them would improve your chances of better regrowth. But if you have to pick one, finasteride is the most effective.

You'll get your lost hair back again, but it will slowly thin out man.