Freakofnature23's Story - ( 22 / am I in denial?)

Reaction score
[attachment=2:2xsm50le]DSC00497.JPG[/attachment:2xsm50le]

[attachment=1:2xsm50le]DSC00498.JPG[/attachment:2xsm50le]

[attachment=0:2xsm50le]DSC00500.JPG[/attachment:2xsm50le]

at first i was in denial but after taking some pics i truly see that this is pretty bad . not alot of ppl noticethough. :dunno:

Attachments

• DSC00497.JPG
    DSC00497.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 944
  • DSC00498.JPG
    DSC00498.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 824
  • DSC00500.JPG
    DSC00500.JPG
    303.9 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
Re: 22 yrs old . ? Am i in denial?

i think my hair is dark so without the flash its less noticeable!. what can i do! is it possible i can get this better ?

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

freakofnature23 said:
i think my hair is dark so without the flash its less noticeable!. what can i do! is it possible i can get this better ?
did you try any treatments yet?

do you have diffuse thinning?

Reaction score

can u see the pics ? . whats diffuse thinning , no i have no tried any treatments yet .

s.a.f

Reaction score

Does seem thin, but we're talking about short hair under a strong flash so I cant tell you for sure. A good way of predicting is to look at your male relatives Dad, grandad, uncles, older brothers, if they're bald you're likely to follow.

Sorue

Reaction score

i am prettty sure there's diffuse thinning. Might wanna start on finasteride :)

Reaction score

All I can say is get on big 3 ASAP. You are balding. The sooner you catch it the better.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score

yep

fina + minoxidil 5% + keto

fina holds back hairloss and when started early it can reverse it...
minoxidil is a grow-stimulator ( you can get shedding with minoxidil and or fina , its normal that at first it increases hairloss,but it will return)
keto can neutralize the dht on your scalp (dht = the hormone that attacks your hairs)

Reaction score

Do you think i will get good results with those 3 . .? . is it that bad ? if i take the finasteride will it help me alot.

barcafan

Reaction score

Hey bro dont mean to be a dick but whats with the cut? Couldn't you have asked for it to be blended? It looks kinda funny.

Reaction score

haha , it's a homemade cut compliments of my bro , but will finasteride help me alot ? and is it that bad ?

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score

Dude, honestly you are balding. But i guess it doesn't matter you look good with a shaved head I presume

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

freakofnature23 said:
can finasteride help for me?

yes finasteride can help you theres no need to go on thebig 3

stay on finasteride and see how it goes

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score

I recently buzzed my head and posting pics soon; first, my hairs similar color (dark brown) to yours and the top of my hairs buzzed the same length of yours. Minus the 3 or so other buzz sizes all over your hair. My back/crown looks very similar to yours. I have diffuse thinning. Mines definitely further a long as my front looks more like your crown/backtop. Now. First some good news, This is under the flash, which is always not the most flattering for anyones hair, and your hair is dark hair and light scalp. More contrast. More noticeable. Most people wont notice at all however, except those attuned to it like us. Or unless the lighting and angle catches you in the wrong way. You are losing it tho; no doubt there so that's the bad news. however right now you arent that bad. I think most here would agree to that. But with your family history and stuff, its gonna get bad. When? Depends... but as has been said, if you start on finasteride now, you can get good results and keep what you have and maybe grow some back.

Now Id research this before blindly going on anything. finasteride works, no doubt, but make an informed decision and not just because we say go on it. As you seem to know very little about hair loss. See a dermatologist. finasteride is a strong drug and has sides, look it up, just be aware doesnt mean dont try it. And you cant just go on it and after 6 months lets say you notice your hair thickening up there good, (6 months and after a shed would be pretty quick) you cant just go off it then and expect to keep that hair. Need to stay on it... same with mino. (Minoxidi, ie: Rogain) No comment on the actual hair cut (although I can tell you would look good with a normal buzz... =) AND AGAIN - you would go through an initial shed (how much is different for everyone) which can be scary esp when your hair isn't thinning too much. You CAN'T just stop. Gotta stick with it and trust it'll turn around. Again, it helps to understand the phases of the hair cycle (a sticky on one of these threads goes through this, very helpful)

Right now - your hair is fine imo. Since I got my buzz no one says OMFG you're losing your hair. Even tho its clear to me. And under the right light. Your front and hairline is still pretty thick so that's a plus too. (and lighting aids in that too). BUT - you are starting to lose it, so don't be under any illusion otherwise. Anyways. Good luck!

Reaction score

Thanks alot guys for the help i appreciate it !...my bro is balding pretty bad at a young age and my dad is bald so i only knew me balding was the inevidable!....i know the light makes it looks worse because when i look in the mirror to examine the back of my head it looks normal , i dont look too bad with my hair buzzed so thats a plus , ima keep it buzzed for now , until i see some improvement , ima try and get on finasteride only and some nizoral and see what happens . my hairline is perfect . just balding a bit on top .. thanks again guys.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score

freakofnature23 said:
Thanks alot guys for the help i appreciate it !...my bro is balding pretty bad at a young age and my dad is bald so i only knew me balding was the inevidable!....i know the light makes it looks worse because when i look in the mirror to examine the back of my head it looks normal , i dont look too bad with my hair buzzed so thats a plus , ima keep it buzzed for now , until i see some improvement , ima try and get on finasteride only and some nizoral and see what happens . my hairline is perfect . just balding a bit on top .. thanks again guys.

as long as you have a good hairline, you are money. i looked like you do now when i was 21...and i didn't do anything about it. it will get worse unless you get on finasteride...so get on it asap. i started finasteride at 24, but the hairline was already f'd. good thing you are starting early. good luck.

Reaction score

Yeh i bet , my hairline is still good , i imagine thats the hardest to get back . is finasteride that good of drug ?

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score

yes...i am at the same place i was 10 months ago when i started it. i dont feel like i have lost any ground. i havent made gains, but havent lost anything either.

you gotta watch for the sides though.