Freakofnature23's Story - ( 22 / am I in denial?)

Fabio_08

Reaction score
Re: 22 yrs old . ? Am i in denial?

I seriosuly don't think you are.

If you take a photo of someones hair that is naturaly dark, under a strong flash, your gaurenteed to see scalp, particualry around the crown.

People on this forum are to quick to diagnose others with hairloss. I myself was born with thin hair and a high hairline. I could come onto this board with pictures from when i was 11 and my hair was spiked, and people would tell me i was a norwood 2 with diffuse thinning. When in realitiy, thats just the way i was born!

My older brother has extremely thick hair and is below a Norwood 0, he has to shave himself a hairline because his hair grows in a weird line way down his forhead. Now if i put the flash on my camera and take a picture of his hair, there are parts that come up see through in the camera. To many that would be a sign of thinning on this forum, when in reality so many people would kill for his hair.

I think once you 'think' your starting to go blad, you will never be able to realise that your not. I no myself that im constantly analysing my hair, and notice even the slightest of changes. These changes in your hair colour, or a slight recession, etc are all normal over time, however its so easy for one to convince themself that its proof of the balding process.

My fathers hairline at age 16 was a Norwood 2. Now, at 55 years old, his hairline is a 2.5 at the most, and there is no crowning thinning at all. He still has a full head of hair. Im 100% sure though, that he of jumped on this site when he was 18, he would of bene told by everyone that he was recedding and to jump on the meds straight away to save his hair!

Im not saying that this forum is useless, because it is an aboslutely fantastic site and a lifesaver to many. But what i am saying is that everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions, when in reality, everyone has different hair texture, density, etc. Just because your scalp is visible when wet, or because when bright lights are shinning on it it is see through, or because your hairline is higher then your friends, certainly doesn't mean you are balding.

Thats my rant over! lol :)

Reaction score

Thx for the insight fabio , i couuldnt agree with your more . but i know for a fact im balding , my hair is alot thinner then it used to be .. but i have a feeling the flash made it look worse then it is , but also made me panic more . Everyone is entitled to their own oppinions. but theres only guy thats saying i need to get on a strict regime of 3 products.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hairlossisevil said:
Fabio it's up to him, but if I had to bet, then this guy is bald in 5-8 years if he is not on big 3 asap.

He is gonna look like this in a few years:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50451

why you scaring the guy? you dont know that for a fact

he shouldnt go on the big 3 hes not receding or anything just thinning
finasteride is good enough with nizoral if that dont work in about 8 months ( which im pretty sure hell see results) THEN he should jump on minoxidil

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score

Denial? NO? You are on this board. You clearly have diffuse pattern hair loss. Great thing is it's not that bad, visible yes, but with proscar/propecia I think you will fill in nicely. I wouldn't even add Rogaine yet, I would just get on propecia.proscar asap and add Nizoral 3 X a week ( a shampoo). You caught it early, but you are clearly diffusing slightly near the hairline ( again harsh lighting but slight diffusing and short hair). That's the truth now get on that proscar/propecia and enjoy a nice head of hair :)!

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

nuttyrich said:
Denial? NO? You are on this board. You clearly have diffuse pattern hair loss. Great thing is it's not that bad, visible yes, but with proscar/propecia I think you will fill in nicely. I wouldn't even add Rogaine yet, I would just get on propecia.proscar asap and add Nizoral 3 X a week ( a shampoo). You caught it early, but you are clearly diffusing slightly near the hairline ( again harsh lighting but slight diffusing and short hair). That's the truth now get on that proscar/propecia and enjoy a nice head of hair :)!

gotta point out i love the positive attitude we need more people like that haha

quick question..........is t-gel as good?

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score

No I don't find T-gel as good, but it does help on the other days that you are not using nizoral. I use BOTH Nizoral 3 X a week and T Gel about twice a week and a nice gentle shampoo and conditioner for the other days. BTW I always use a conditioner after Nizoral and T-gel. I think you know Nizoral can make the hair look a bit flat sometimes. I use L'oreal Vive Pro has royal jelly or something extra soothing.. the shampoo also got it on sale at pathmark this week 2.49 a bottle.

Regards,
Rich

Reaction score

king- said:
hairlossisevil said:
Fabio it's up to him, but if I had to bet, then this guy is bald in 5-8 years if he is not on big 3 asap.

He is gonna look like this in a few years:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50451

why you scaring the guy? you dont know that for a fact

he shouldnt go on the big 3 hes not receding or anything just thinning
finasteride is good enough with nizoral if that dont work in about 8 months ( which im pretty sure hell see results) THEN he should jump on minoxidil

Well he has exactly the same pattern. And I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just being brute honest. He is only 22 and already has massive thinning in crown area and history of baldness in his family.

Reaction score

Yeh basically im just thinning , ive been using t-gel and nizoral , i got dutasteride but enough only to last me for 2-3 months , so i will order finasteride soon enough within the month .

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score

You ARE scarring the guy; or attempting too that photo does not mean he'll look just like that. In my post I said my pattern was similar, it IS diffuse thinning from my judgment. But I also said under a flash and dark hair light scalp it looks worse anyways for anyone... but even so. Also its not MASSIVE thinning, lets sparse our words and hyperbole. Ive seen massive thinning in the crown region... not to say in time it cant get there. Anyways...

Just need to filter thru the extremes of opinions and "suggestions". I think finasteride is good for you at this point however; its something you must commit to, be prepared for a shed at first and stay on it; and watch closely for sides. I suggestion taking blood tests before, hormone too and 6 months after taking it if you choose to, get another work up. Even with no sides; Im going to do that when I go on finasteride soon. But I am more cautious.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

freakofnature23 said:
Yeh basically im just thinning , ive been using t-gel and nizoral , i got dutasteride but enough only to last me for 2-3 months , so i will order finasteride soon enough within the month .

freak, have you spoken to your family physician yet? If not, you should. Taking finasteride and dutasteride aren't trivial decisions you should be making unless you've consulted with your family doctor.

Reaction score

hmm no i havent spoke to any physician about my hairloss ,but whats the major side effects of finasteride and dutasteride ?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, both finasteride and dutasteride change your hormone levels; it's just like taking acne pills or birth control pills. Though the reported chances of side effects are low for finasteride (not sure about dutasteride), playing with your hormones isn't something you should be doing before you talk to your physician first. Especially not on the basis of advice from strangers off of internet. That being said, most here are of good intent and I know that the Big 3 probably would work, but your physician would probably know you better than we know you.

I strongly suggest that you seek an opinion from your physician first before you do anything else; chances are, of course, that your physician will prescribe you either finasteride, or minoxidil, or nizoral; but at least let your physician know that you're using these things.

CCS

Reaction score

king- said:
freakofnature23 said:
can finasteride help for me?

yes finasteride can help you theres no need to go on thebig 3

stay on finasteride and see how it goes

finasteride and nizoral. Why not add nizoral shampoo when it is so easy to use? You can always get on minoxidil later, since it just regrows and does not slow male pattern baldness. If propecia does not get your hair back thick, maybe get on propecia. Just depends how much the thinnest bothers you. Might not be worth the hassle if it does not bother you enough. Maybe add piroctone olamine shampoo too. I'm a big fan of shampoos since they are no hassle and cheap compared to topicals, and no one will find a rogain bottle in your room. Put the propecia pills in a different container.

Reaction score

I have been using nizoral shampoo with t-gel ,
If propecia does not get your hair back thick, maybe get on propecia. Just depends how much the thinnest bothers you
that didnt make sense to me .

s.a.f

Reaction score

I think he meant maybe get on dutasteride.