From Finasteride to Grape Seed Extract

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Updates:

I took grape seed extract 600 mg for less than a week. It seems that I got a noticeable increase in libido?

I'm pretty sure this is not in my head (I never expected this reaction. Actually I was prepared for the opposite).

Also it seems to have helped with my finasteride related sides. For example: for two days I took 0.2 mg finasteride before sleep (the proven highest amount with no noticeable sides for me is around 0.125). I'd wake up feeling tired. The fatigue continued till noon. I took 300 mg GSE before lunch. After lunch my energy level bounces back. This is weird.

Also my hair is getting even more oily. I guess this stuff is indeed for my overall health but it's actually doing damage to my fxxking hair!

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think it is damaging your hair? Finasteride can make your skin oily and boost your libido during the first days (as a result of the increased Testosterone) and it's good for hair. Too early to draw conclusions based on just a few symptoms. Moreover, what you are experiencing is the same that I mentioned when I started this thread.

Note that grape seed extract is an outstanding supplement for energy and blood circulation. You may get better erections on it too. It works similarly to v****.

BTW I came to make a short update. I'm definitely going through a second shedding (after the 1st one from minoxidil). It started around the 4th/5th week on grape seed extract and I expect it to be pretty similar to that of minoxidil.

So I hope in a few weeks I can report my hair is looking better and improving. Fingers crossed!

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you think it is damaging your hair? Finasteride can make your skin oily and boost your libido during the first days (as a result of the increased Testosterone) and it's good for hair. Too early to draw conclusions based on just a few symptoms. Moreover, what you are experiencing is the same that I mentioned when I started this thread.

Note that grape seed extract is an outstanding supplement for energy and blood circulation. You may get better erections on it too. It works similarly to v****.

BTW I came to make a short update. I'm definitely going through a second shedding (after the 1st one from minoxidil). It started around the 4th/5th week on grape seed extract and I expect it to be pretty similar to that of minoxidil.

So I hope in a few weeks I can report my hair is looking better and improving. Fingers crossed!

I don't know guybrush... it just doesn't feel right.

When I first started finasteride I never got more scalp/face sebum. Also you mentioned slightly lower libido on GSE while I experienced the opposite. Besides, the fact that I'm rapidly losing my hairline is causing me panic and making me hesitate. (Not that it wasn't rapid before GSE though) After all everyone reacts differently.

I totally agree it helps with general health. And yes it gave me better erections just as you said too. Wish you good results and keep us updated!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The drugs interaction site says this about v****-grapefruit interactions:

"If you are receiving therapy with sildenafil you should avoid the regular consumption of large amounts of grapefruits and grapefruit juice. Grapefruit can raise the levels of sildenafil in your body and delay the time it takes for the medication to work. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit products in your diet without first talking to your doctor."

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The drugs interaction site says this about v****-grapefruit interactions:

"If you are receiving therapy with sildenafil you should avoid the regular consumption of large amounts of grapefruits and grapefruit juice. Grapefruit can raise the levels of sildenafil in your body and delay the time it takes for the medication to work. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit products in your diet without first talking to your doctor."

As far as I know grapefruit is totally unrelated to grapes and has different properties. Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is used as a natural antibiotic to kill bacteria, virus and fungus.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
Updates:

I took grape seed extract 600 mg for less than a week. It seems that I got a noticeable increase in libido?

I'm pretty sure this is not in my head (I never expected this reaction. Actually I was prepared for the opposite).

Also it seems to have helped with my finasteride related sides. For example: for two days I took 0.2 mg finasteride before sleep (the proven highest amount with no noticeable sides for me is around 0.125). I'd wake up feeling tired. The fatigue continued till noon. I took 300 mg GSE before lunch. After lunch my energy level bounces back. This is weird.

Also my hair is getting even more oily. I guess this stuff is indeed for my overall health but it's actually doing damage to my fxxking hair!
Hi Wang,
the GrapeseedExtract is very important if someone has Hairloss from high Oestrone.

For you, seems that high DHT makes your Hairloss, that's why you don't see any positive results.

For your Hairloss type(is very usuful to measure your DHT),
Ginger(Puritans Pride) and Nettle(Solary) give super results.

Last edited:

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A little update on something unexpected:

I did not mention it but when I first reported that I was going through a shedding I noticed that 2 small patches I've had for several years in my beard were looking more noticeable. I lost some hair there too.

Yesterday I noticed one of them had almost filled in with new hair and the other one was half its previous size.

Hope this is of your interest.

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet another update. I've just realized those finasteride-like sides don't come from Grape Seed extract alone. When I opened this thread I was taking a bit of Curcumin at night to help me sleep better and for some weeks I discontinued it. During those days I couldn't notice the effects that very resemble those of finasteride but I thought it may be just my body adjusting to the treatment. Last week I resumed the Curcumin at night again and guess what, they came back.

So what I'll do from now on is to stick to this combo long term and see how it goes. I'm not very commited to apply topicals so I dropped the minoxidil (I think it's useless in the long run), and I'll be using this along with a 2% ketoconazole shampoo and my shampoo with essential oils.

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
And yet another update. I've just realized those finasteride-like sides don't come from Grape Seed extract alone. When I opened this thread I was taking a bit of Curcumin at night to help me sleep better and for some weeks I discontinued it. During those days I couldn't notice the effects that very resemble those of finasteride but I thought it may be just my body adjusting to the treatment. Last week I resumed the Curcumin at night again and guess what, they came back.

So what I'll do from now on is to stick to this combo long term and see how it goes. I'm not very commited to apply topicals so I dropped the minoxidil (I think it's useless in the long run), and I'll be using this along with a 2% ketoconazole shampoo and my shampoo with essential oils.
You Know Guybrush,
if you want a more komplet Therapy,

you can use 2 more Pgd2 blockers

1. Green tea (Green Valley)
2. Bee Pollen (Puritans Pride)

You can see from the photos what makes grape seed oil in 2 Months use together with Pgd2 blockers.

Attachments

• 4191-d2de2f426cc17c7df4f80348b231d258.jpg
    4191-d2de2f426cc17c7df4f80348b231d258.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 750
  • 4624-a0bb02d8d3fb498732ac7bfc2b1010da.jpg
    4624-a0bb02d8d3fb498732ac7bfc2b1010da.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 775

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You Know Guybrush,
if you want a more komplet Therapy,

you can use 2 more Pgd2 blockers

1. Green tea (Green Valley)
2. Bee Pollen (Puritans Pride)

You can see from the photos what makes grape seed oil in 2 Months use together with Pgd2 blockers.

You took those pictures from a post on internet? It would be interesting to read the whole story.

The Grape seed extract supplement I'm taking comes with some Green tea extract. Not a big dose though.