FRONTAL REGROWTH

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
second try: Been on propecia (& Nizoral 2%) for 6 months now and been shedding a lot but have finally stabilized a bit. My Temples (especially the left one) & hairline has suffered the most and moved in about 1 cm at the temples and about 1 cm at the middle. I now have tons of vellus hair in the spots where I lost the hair.

My question is then: Is this hair lost forever or is my shed likely to regrow the lost hairs?

I know it's a hard question and it's different for everybody but I really appriciate anybody who will give me any input. Cheers.

wolfe

Reaction score
dude, im right there with you. I posted something like this about a week ago, got one response telling me that some of the hair came back. I'm hoping it does cause my hairline sucks right now, and it seemed fine like a month ago.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you at all noticed any regrowth during that 6 months?

if not how bad did your hair get?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Well not really any regrowth although I have vellus hairs where I in fact didn't have any hair before treatment. The last 6 month have been a real roller coaster ride with some HUGE sheds (I am not trying to scare anybody off but they were massive!) I guess I was a NW1.5 before treatment and now I'm a NW2. I wasn't really trying to grow any hair just trying to prevent any further loss (maintain).

Here at month 6 my hair has thickend up. I loose around 2-3 on my pillow, 15 in the shower and around 1 every 3 hand strokes through my hair. Can't remember how much i lost before treatment so I don't really know if the loss has stopped or not.

How much is normal to loose when your hair loss stops (I know around 100 a day but do anybody have an idea in regards to break down: x in the shower, x on the pillow etc.)????

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your hair is sychronized
Thats what propecia does makes u shed hairs in telegon early then hairs grow bacl at same time giving it a thicker appearance ..well thats my understanding and what I was told from a hair transplant Doctor

Minox_Baby

Established Member
Reaction score
I've hit three month mark on proscar (1.25mg) and like PTM and wolfie I to have seen my hairline move back at least a good cm in the last 2 months. The reason I took finasteride was to keep what I have but this doesn't seem to be happening.

There seems to be a definate trend on these boards where people take finasteride and then suddenly undergo a big frontal recession and thinning. Are we the unlucky ones or is this common?

Cheers,
Warren.

Mr. Smezmar

Reaction score
I'm month 6 on finasteride and month 7 on minoxidil (temples only) and at this point my hair too has taken a hit at the hairline. I went from about a Norwood 1.5 to a Norwood 2 in the last 3 months. Not to mention some bad sheds, my hair has never been this thin. I'm not giving up though, I'm going to atleast ride it out for a year on both treatments(and of course nizoral), and then see where I go from there.

-Smez-

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Minox_Baby said:
There seems to be a definate trend on these boards where people take finasteride and then suddenly undergo a big frontal recession and thinning. Are we the unlucky ones or is this common?
I think it's common. My understanding is that if a hair follicle is being miniaturized due to excess DHT then reducing that level with finasteride/dutasteride etc. causes the hair to be ejected and then the follicle hopefully regrows to its healthy, pre-male pattern baldness, state. As, in many of us young sufferers, the front is the area of the scalp most affected by DHT it also has the highest percentage of hairs likely to be shed.

jmoney32

Reaction score
been on proscar for 31/2 months (1.25mg) and never have seen a shed. hair has gotten thicker and i have actually noticed less hairs falling out in the shower. so, i'm doing alright. (knock on wood)