Fue 25 Days Ago - Donor Over Harvested?

csns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm concerned about my donor area - is it over harvested or do I need to give it time?
I had a hair transplant by a. reputable clinic - 3900 grafts.

:( I'm really anxious. And yes, I've spoken to my doctor about my concerns, but I would really appreciate a second unbiased opinion.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9822.PNG
    IMG_9822.PNG
    670.4 KB · Views: 1,311
  • IMG_9821.PNG
    IMG_9821.PNG
    659.5 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_9820.PNG
    IMG_9820.PNG
    681.6 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_9819.PNG
    IMG_9819.PNG
    624 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_9818.PNG
    IMG_9818.PNG
    629.9 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_9817.PNG
    IMG_9817.PNG
    744.9 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_9816.PNG
    IMG_9816.PNG
    714.6 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_9815.PNG
    IMG_9815.PNG
    915.8 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_9814.PNG
    IMG_9814.PNG
    879.4 KB · Views: 1,031

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am no expert and not would I want you to feel bad. I also recently have done a transplant with around 3000 grafts so a bit of experience.

It does look a little over harvested in my unprofessional opinion. But what's done is done and just grow it out longer. I'm just past a month now. I have to do the same.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If that first pic is of the only area they harvested from, then yes they overdid it. They went too high on your scalp and it was too concentrated. They needed to shave the back and take it evenly from there (midscalp).

csns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks both.

If that first pic is of the only area they harvested from, then yes they overdid it. They went too high on your scalp and it was too concentrated. They needed to shave the back and take it evenly from there (midscalp).

No they did the sides and back of scalp but I only have one photo of donor site day of extraction right now. The clinic has more pics I could ask for. I’m scared to see.

I’m just reading online a 1mm punch is considered large and 3900 grafts from scalp alone risky.

Photos of Back and sides taken this morning

Attachments

• 142DF1FB-B0BB-415B-8F3D-89109CF2A7A5.jpeg
    142DF1FB-B0BB-415B-8F3D-89109CF2A7A5.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 389DA9E3-9702-4F42-8EC3-9008A28C1D3C.jpeg
    389DA9E3-9702-4F42-8EC3-9008A28C1D3C.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,585
  • CFA1615C-C6DA-42B2-AE2B-C03E18010391.jpeg
    CFA1615C-C6DA-42B2-AE2B-C03E18010391.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 434

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that is over harvesting yes, although it could just temporarily be shock loss as well which means it could greatly improve.

In future please do not go above 3,000 grafts in one session as 3,000 is the maximum I would recommend in one session.

HLV

freddy28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi csns,

I have the same problem, and I'm really concerned... Below some recent photos after a 4500 grafts surgery, 52 days now :

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 583
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 565
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 556

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Damn that is pretty scary, I hope you guys heal up.

This is why I would never advocate people to save money for this procedure. You can always make more money, but once you go under the knife, there are no do-overs.

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn that is pretty scary, I hope you guys heal up.

This is why I would never advocated people to save money for this procedure. You can always make more money, but once you go under the knife, there are no do-overs.

Exactly. There was more money spent on my procedure but I knew that once you’re under the knife there isn’t going back. I was fortunate that the priority for the clinic I went to was to prevent overharvesting.

4,000 - 5,000 grafts should never been done in one procedure. It is irresponsible.

HLV

freddy28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. There was more money spent on my procedure but I knew that once you’re under the knife there isn’t going back. I was fortunate that the priority for the clinic I went to was to prevent overharvesting.

4,000 - 5,000 grafts should never been done in one procedure. It is irresponsible.

HLV

And now that is done, it won't heal or it'd take some time to ?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And now that is done, it won't heal or it'd take some time to ?

It’s definitely over harvesting in your case but hopefully over the next few weeks there will be improvement. what doctor did your surgery?

HLV

freddy28

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s definitely over harvesting in your case but hopefully over the next few weeks there will be improvement. what doctor did your surgery?

HLV

I really hope so :/ it's really stressful ! I keep hope..

It's dr Esin Egilmez's team (not the doctor herself) from Estevien Clinic in Istanbul.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 1250€ pack + 500€ of vitamines and PRP (to be used after 6 months they said)

Please avoid these kind of deals in future. Hair surgery is an art that requires a very skilled surgeon. That doesn’t mean cheaper will give bad results but usually cheap surgeries end up with less than satisfactory outcomes.

I paid 8,000 Euro for 3,000 Grafts for my surgery in Europe.

Hopefully in a few weeks things will improve with you. It is still early so don’t worry just now and give it some time. If you are not after a month please contact a clinic in Europe.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HLV

S14, something you disagree with? Do you believe 5,000 drafts in one session is a good idea?

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen countless successful 4000 graft fue transplants, all comes down to the doctor.

In this guys case, I do not agree with it.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen countless successful 4000 graft fue transplants, all comes down to the doctor.

In this guys case, I do not agree with it.

It’s not only about the immediate results however. No one doubts that there are good examples of surgeries with 4,000-5,000 grafts taken in mega sessions but what happens in the future if the transplanted hair falls out and the donor capacity has been severely depleted by these mega sessions?

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A good ethical surgeon takes this into account and makes decisions on what is appropriate. 4-5k grafts will not severely deplete all patients. There are hair surgery 'experts' and patients out there with over 10k grafts removed after a number of transplants and the donors still look untouched.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A good ethical surgeon takes this into account and makes decisions on what is appropriate. 4-5k grafts will not severely deplete all patients. There are hair surgery 'experts' and patients out there with over 10k grafts removed after a number of transplants and the donors still look untouched.

For the individual with average hair density (which is usually the majority of people) 4,000-5,000 will deplete a large portion of their donor reserves. Even if the outcome is good after the procedure, there is always a risk that in future the donor area will thin as occurs with a lot of older men.

When this occurs whatever scarring was created has the potential to show. We can agree to disagree of course, but we can agree in these peoples case the donor depletion in these mega session is not acceptable.

HLV

freddy28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Extremely cheap for almost 4000 grafts...

No wonder about these results. Did you see other pictures of former patients that did a hair transplant at that clinic?

Yes, good results though... Good feedbacks in Google too.
Regarding the price, it's the same regardless of the amount of harvested grafts.

Please avoid these kind of deals in future. Hair surgery is an art that requires a very skilled surgeon. That doesn’t mean cheaper will give bad results but usually cheap surgeries end up with less than satisfactory outcomes.

I paid 8,000 Euro for 3,000 Grafts for my surgery in Europe.

Hopefully in a few weeks things will improve with you. It is still early so don’t worry just now and give it some time. If you are not after a month please contact a clinic in Europe.

HLV

Is it possible to restore my donor area ? I think if it stay like this, it won't be possible to repair that damage... I will wait

Last edited: