Fue 25 Days Ago - Donor Over Harvested?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If it is shock loss, perhaps your donor can recover. I would like to be optimistic man but it is a tough situation.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the individual with average hair density (which is usually the majority of people) 4,000-5,000 will deplete a large portion of their donor reserves. Even if the outcome is good after the procedure, there is always a risk that in future the donor area will thin as occurs with a lot of older men.

4-5k grafts may well deplete a large portion of some patients donor reserves however to say that a procedure of 4k transplants is irresponsible and should never be done is quite frankly ridiculous.

4,000 - 5,000 grafts should never been done in one procedure. It is irresponsible.
HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@freddy28 as @whatintheworld says, it could be shock loss - wait at least a couple of months. If it's not working out for you I would suggest growing it out and perhaps SMP on the donor area. Give it time...good luck.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4-5k grafts may well deplete a large portion of some patients donor reserves however to say that a procedure of 4k transplants is irresponsible and should never be done is quite frankly ridiculous.

But it isn’t just “some”. Most people don’t have great hair quality. That is the simple truth. You are at least aware that the more grafts that are placed the higher the risk of a complication? This is particularly the case in the area or 5,000 grafts or so.

That being said, you’re entitled to your opinion. I personally take the long term future into consideration not just the short term results, and mega sessions of 5,000 grafts have not been done for years and years to give the all clear.

Turkey is notorious for promoting megasessions of 5,000 grafts or so. Most surgeons I’ve spoken to warn against that. Unless I’m mistaken , i think I remember you were also going to have surgery In Turkey, so obviously you have a personal interest in this as well.

I’ll agree to disagree and leave it there. This persons case, while certainly not reflective of other people’s results, Shows some of the dangers of mega sessions.

HLV

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it isn’t just “some”. Most people don’t have great hair quality. That is the simple truth. You are at least aware that the more grafts that are placed the higher the risk of a complication? This is particularly the case in the area or 5,000 grafts or so.

That being said, you’re entitled to your opinion. I personally take the long term future into consideration not just the short term results, and mega sessions of 5,000 grafts have not been done for years and years to give the all clear.

Turkey is notorious for promoting megasessions of 5,000 grafts or so. Most surgeons I’ve spoken to warn against that. Unless I’m mistaken , i think I remember you were also going to have surgery In Turkey, so obviously you have a personal interest in this as well.

I’ll agree to disagree and leave it there. This persons case, while certainly not reflective of other people’s results, Shows some of the dangers of mega sessions.
HLV

You're drifting from the original point of our discussion. No one goes for a hair transplant for short term results, this is complete nonsense again from you.

Location of hair surgeon was irrelevant in my choosing of surgeon, ideally I would have stayed in the UK. I went to my doctor based on nothing but results.

Speaking of personal interests, your post history does suggest that anything other than your way is wrong.

The lesson here is do your research and don't choose an unethical doctor/hair mill.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're drifting from the original point of our discussion. No one goes for a hair transplant for short term results, this is complete nonsense again from you.

Location of hair surgeon was irrelevant in my choosing of surgeon, ideally I would have stayed in the UK. I went to my doctor based on nothing but results.

Speaking of personal interests, your post history does suggest that anything other than your way is wrong.

The lesson here is do your research and don't choose an unethical doctor/hair mill.

I can see you starting to take things a bit personally here and things slightly heating up so it might be best to leave it there. If you reply I’ll let you have the last word so that attention can be focused on the original poster.

HLV

Last edited:

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see you starting to take things a bit personally here and things slightly heating up so it might be best to leave it there. If you reply I’ll let you have the last word so that attention can be focused on the original poster.

You are attempting to make the discussion personal, poor response.

freddy28

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Clinic prescribed me Minoxidil 5% spray + Bepanthol creme, both to be applied on the donor area, what do you think of it guys ?