Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
A bridge between now and a cure is whats needed; Pilofocus + Histogen + Follica + CB should do well. Follica needs to release their method as fast as possible. If all they need is 2 million dollars, that PEANUTS.

Do you know if Pilofocus will work on people with DUPA? Also, I read you sending them email regarding nigam, good job :), it would have been hilarious if Lauster's team saw that one meme you created about him, "finds cure for hairloss, does nothing about it"

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if Pilofocus will work on people with DUPA? Also, I read you sending them email regarding nigam, good job :), it would have been hilarious if Lauster's team saw that one meme you created about him, "finds cure for hairloss, does nothing about it"

Pilofocus is just a regular FUE without scarring. I dont know how hair transplants work on DUPA.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@hellouser are you just waiting until pilofocus is realeased before you go in for a surgery? Seems like from what I can remember from your pics in the rolling thread you weren't in awful shape and a transplant would be more than enough for you... What's been holding you bavk?

thinin

Reaction score
Looks like we will not be getting anything new for the foreseeable future. It seems the real cutting edge work will take a few years to get into pre clinic trials.

Cots was obviously talking ****. 2million investment for a product that would be beneficial for so many people?! Lost all faith in follica completely now.

Looking forward to hear what the Germans/TT have been up to.

Over all I can't help but feel extremely disappointed. My 20s and early 30s are looking to be very hairless. Time to get the clippers out.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like we will not be getting anything new for the foreseeable future. It seems the real cutting edge work will take a few years to get into pre clinic trials.

Cots was obviously talking ****. 2million investment for a product that would be beneficial for so many people?! Lost all faith in follica completely now.

Looking forward to hear what the Germans/TT have been up to.

Over all I can't help but feel extremely disappointed. My 20s and early 30s are looking to be very hairless. Time to get the clippers out.
Yeah. Its a drag. But we might get lucky. Every year they come up with an unexpected discovery.
It is obvious that there is something wrong with follicas method. They are suppose to be backed up by Purtech venture, these guys are venture capitalists, $2-20 million is peanuts to them, specially in the biomedical field. If we do ever go with a crowdfunding project, it should be with another team or we will lose all our money for nothing.
Usually something sounds good or bad. The wounding with follicas method sounds okay but it has uncertainty with it. It never sounded great to me like a lotion to block hairloss. I am not confident to invest my money in Follica as much as I would into a PGD2 blocker.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellouser and others hi.

hellouser i cant talk anyore on baldlietalk due to ban. so i want to say it here.

thanks for all the effort dor the hole desmond korea action.

i believe that if follica had sth solid money would not have been a problem. there are so many wise rich men around seeking genious to invest in them.
i believe they have sth intermediate. not sth powerfull as we dreamed about.

with that in mind and taking for sure that all other researchers had sth that was what we need but many years more to drive it to market i strongly suggest we put our energy and focus on adipose-derived stem cell protein extract it is on the market as we talk. and it gives it truly gives results without donor hair just injections.

http://www.balancehairrestoration.c...ns-secreted-by-adipose-derived-stem-cells.pdf

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
hellouser and others hi.

hellouser i cant talk anyore on baldlietalk due to ban. so i want to say it here.

thanks for all the effort dor the hole desmond korea action.

i believe that if follica had sth solid money would not have been a problem. there are so many wise rich men around seeking genious to invest in them.
i believe they have sth intermediate. not sth powerfull as we dreamed about.

Here's my rant on Follica;

Approval shouldn't take 3 times as long as the trial itself, thats ridiculous.... Aderans projected a 1 year turnaround for their phase 3 trial.

I just don't get it, it boggles the ****ing mind;

Follica has ONE phase trial left before commercialization which would effectively allow itself to completely DOMINATE the market until a cure comes along which isnt happening for the next 8 years. This would gives them 8 years of raking in tens or hundreds of millions of dollars and the only thing holding them back is a measly 2 million dollars?

Something is wrong with that. One of the following must be true;
- Dr. Cotsarelis trolled the hell out of Desmond and lied (for corporate reasons)
- Follica is incredibly incompetent with securing funds
- like some of you had said their procedure doesnt work as well as we'd think and no one is willing to invest....

But if no one is willing to invest, why the hell did they claim last year they're able to create NEW follicles from wounding? Wouldn't multiple passes of Follica's treatment ultimately get you cured? That would be enough to have investers look at their progress and say 'oh wow, you've effectively created a treatment that is far superior to anything out on the market today which garners billions of dollars for treatments that DONT work'. Can any of you imagine what the revenue would be for baldness if we had treatments that DID work? The figures would skyrocket... so why the hell would anyone pass up on the opportunity to put only 2 million dollars to have the next 8+ years be completely loaded with profits and basically a monopoly on the market? Even if a cure DID come out, wounding would still be a viable option to those that couldn't afford or didnt need a full out treatment of individual follicles being lab grown and implanted.

Dr. Cotsarelis is definitely NOT telling us the whole story, that is guaranteed. If anyone believes he'd give anything but a corporate answer, you're dead wrong. Follica owns him and the wounding method, he's NOT going to reveal details.

None of this makes any sense to me at all. SOMEONE is pulling our leg here.

with that in mind and taking for sure that all other researchers had sth that was what we need but many years more to drive it to market i strongly suggest we put our energy and focus on adipose-derived stem cell protein extract it is on the market as we talk. and it gives it truly gives results without donor hair just injections.

Where are these treatments taking place??

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

Approval shouldn't take 3 times as long as the trial itself, thats ridiculous.... Aderans projected a 1 year turnaround for their phase 3 trial.

Follica has ONE phase trial left before commercialization which would effectively allow itself to completely DOMINATE the market until a cure comes along which isnt happening for the next 8 years. This would gives them 8 years of raking in tens or hundreds of millions of dollars and the only thing holding them back is a measly 2 million dollars?

- Dr. Cotsarelis trolled the hell out of Desmond and lied (for corporate reasons)
- like some of you had said their procedure doesnt work as well as we'd think and no one is willing to invest....

But if no one is willing to invest, why the hell did they claim last year they're able to create NEW follicles from wounding? Wouldn't multiple passes of Follica's treatment ultimately get you cured? That would be enough to have investers look at their progress and say 'oh wow, you've effectively created a treatment that is far superior to anything out on the market today which garners billions of dollars for treatments that DONT work'. Can any of you imagine what the revenue would be for baldness if we had treatments that DID work? The figures would skyrocket... so why the hell would anyone pass up on the opportunity to put only 2 million dollars to have the next 8+ years be completely loaded with profits and basically a monopoly on the market? Even if a cure DID come out, wounding would still be a viable option to those that couldn't afford or didnt need a full out treatment of individual follicles being lab grown and implanted.

Dr. Cotsarelis is definitely NOT telling us the whole story, that is guaranteed. If anyone believes he'd give anything but a corporate answer, you're dead wrong. Follica owns him and the wounding method, he's NOT going to reveal details.

Actually I would be thankful if he was trolling Desmond and Cots did have something up his sleeves.

There is another thing we have not considered and it may be positive. These guys are experts and from what we learned on this conference, they are well aware of eachothers research. So maybe Dr. Cot and his investors knows that some of these researchers are so close to a cure that their wounding method would be irrelevant to persuit.

They would need a pretty enormous amount of cash to open up clinics for wounding. Unless they sell a license to already established hair transplant doctors as well as their machine for wounding.

Maybe we're wrong and once they have hair cloning down, we don't really need more than an efficacy trial and that may not take as long as we think. Just to make sure that some of the follicles don't die, fall off or something.

In reality if we did have all the scientific information about the wounding procedure, we might actually may have a chance on doing it on our own and succeed this time. Who knows, maybe Dr. Cots knows this and this is why he doesn't want any info leaked, they would be screwed, it would be on our reach.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
So maybe Dr. Cot and his investors knows that some of these researchers are so close to a cure that their wounding method would be irrelevant to persuit.

Good point, I also wonder the same about RepliCel and Histogen.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tokyo i suppose.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Is Desmond still putting together the information from his WHC visit? He only made a few brief posts on BTT when he was there.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Is Desmond still putting together the information from his WHC visit? He only made a few brief posts on BTT when he was there.

The kid said he was going to have the videos by Sunday. Well at least a few

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, that came and went. Feel bad for anyone who donated money.

Well he still has a few hours left, most likely he going to excuse himself with some something regarding his visit with a friend, or so I read. Anyways, a while has passed for him to release at least one video, no excuse about that. Let's just give him the benefit of the doubt for today, tomorrow on the other hand... we are allowed to lynch on forum.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that came and went. Feel bad for anyone who donated money.

Jokes on you.

Here's Desmond's recording of Dr. Cotsarelis' presentation;

[video=youtube;TN5H01HGaVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5H01HGaVI[/video]

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Oh lawd, nothing to see here folks.

Why they aren't working on an actual cure is beyond me. Nobody wants to take more drugs to inhibit this or that.

Someone email Dr. Every5years and tell him to turn his funding over to Lauster or Jahoda.

Thanks for the post Hellouser.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh lawd, nothing to see here folks.

Why they aren't working on an actual cure is beyond me. Nobody wants to take more drugs to inhibit this or that.

Someone email Dr. Every5years and tell him to turn his funding over to Lauster or Jahoda.

Thanks for the post Hellouser.

Actually, if you watch the video you'll see that the follicles are not dead on a slick bald scalp. They are simply miniaturized. So there is a possibility of reviving them without having to create whole new follicles. Also interesting is the fact that he pointed out 7 drug companies that have developed a product which inhibits PGD2.

Question is: WHICH ONES ARE THEY?

A PGD2 inhibitor would probably do wonder for anyone below NW4

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, if you watch the video you'll see that the follicles are not dead on a slick bald scalp.

We learned that a long time ago - http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateProofThatHairFolliculesNeverDie8-12.html

"Pharmaceutical companies are already testing drugs designed to block GPR44, as this has been implicated in allergic conditions such as asthma. That’s a great place to start, says Garza. But even if an existing compound blocks the version of the receptor on follicle cells and stops hair loss in lab-cultured follicles, the path to human trials is long and expensive. What’s more, the PGD2 receptor may not be working alone. Instead, it may be just one of several agents that trigger follicle regression and it’s possible that it plays only a minor role. We won’t know how central PGD2’s role is until a treatment based on it is tested properly in humans because there are no animal models of male pattern baldness."

What I'm getting at is that they're spending a lot of time and money to bring us more drugs and treatments while you have teams like Tsuji Labs, Lauster and Jahoda, all working on bringing us an actual cure. By the time Dr. Every5years actually brings something to market, it will be useless.