Funny story

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I prefer a woman who has her sh*t together. Has a good job (but not as good as mine), is smart (but not smarter than me) and no fucked up childhood or baggage. I guess I'm in the minority here.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Could it be the same reason why some good looking and successful women go for complete losers? They feel like they've done enough to sustain the family but they want fun in their lives as well, so they go for the mystery item?

Could be, though in my experience it isn't that benign. Every time I see a hot, successful, financially secure woman with a loser dude, it's because she isn't happy with her accomplishments so she's using the dude to feel better about herself. At least she isn't like that guy. That's just my experience however, hardly a good sample.

Anyone who presents a clean-cut, professional, "I-have-no-issues" personality, especially after knowing them for a long time, is exhausting. My best friend's girlfriend is like that. She isn't capable of anything other than small talk. I've actually become offended by her; you'd think after spending weeks with a person (partying, drinking, sharing cigarettes, and dancing) you could have a real conversation.

I prefer a woman who has her sh*t together. Has a good job (but not as good as mine), is smart (but not smarter than me) and no f***ed up childhood or baggage. I guess I'm in the minority here.

No, you probably aren't in the minority, heh. I bet most men want a woman with her sh*t together. Personally, I find that boring and frustratingly contemporary. =p

ali777

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
I prefer a woman who has her sh*t together. Has a good job (but not as good as mine), is smart (but not smarter than me) and no f***ed up childhood or baggage. I guess I'm in the minority here.

Well, I guess we are all looking for the balance of stability and excitement in a partner. Too much excitement could be damaging, or too much stability can be boring. Everyone has different set of scale of how to define what's enough excitement and what's enough stability. There is nothing wrong with giving the priority to the stability, and I agree with Avery that you are probably not in the minority.

I definitely want stability in my life, but I don't want a woman who is just there looking after our home. I guess my perfect women is someone who was a goth/rock chick/raver in her teens and still has some of that independent, rebellious, or non-conformist side of her. If she traded all that lifestyle in for a successful career, we are probably not going to be compatible. There is life outside the office/career.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cassin said:
good thread guys :pint:

rocksoi8.th.jpg

I get bored in relationships real quick...get sick of them wanting to spend all their time with me and then when i'm not with them i gets tons of texts. It's hard finding a good women, they either turn out to be self absorbed b****s or complete doormats.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I've actually seen a small handfull of bald guys with hot girlfriends recently. The guys are usually pretty clean cut and look like they've got their sh*t together. I am still kind of in a relationship with my baby momma. We were together for 10 years. I think almost everyone has some sort of baggage. The trick is having compatible baggage with your partner.

Cassin

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The trick is having compatible baggage with your partner.

That is actually one of the most profound and dead on statements I have ever heard someone say about relationships that are complicated by the past.

A good friend of mine and I have been discussing relationships for the past 2 days and I have been struggling to explain a point I was trying to make and this nails it.

Well said UM!

Damn...going to have to leave you alone now about your monster joke....

damn....

ali777

Reaction score
Cassin said:
uncomfortable man said:
The trick is having compatible baggage with your partner.

That is actually one of the most profound and dead on statements I have ever heard someone say about relationships that are complicated by the past.

I feel enlightened :woot:

well done UM