Get Healthy They Said... Lose Weight They Said..

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a woman i have Androgenetic Alopecia and anemic--the anemia made the Androgenetic Alopecia happen earlier...the hair loss surgeon told me working on my iron will help my treatments of minoxidil and spironolactone work better.

I don't know if your anemic though. You would have to get a panel of blood test to see if you are deficient in anything.

If its just deficiency it will reverse. If its Androgenetic Alopecia it won't--if its both some may come back i don't know.
I am an anemic. My iron is low and red globules are small.
What do you take for iron?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am an anemic. My iron is low and red globules are small.
What do you take for iron?

The hair transplant surgeon i saw found it on my old blood work and did a base line.

I take an iron supplement 4x a day as directed by my primary Dr i get blood test every six weeks from Primary.

I started at 12 ferritin its up to 60 they want to get me over 70 and keep me there.

Its sloe ferrous iron 65 mg 4x a day..on empty stomach with small amount orange juice or vitamin C tablet.

I have Androgenetic Alopecia as well but the iron made it more apparent. I think its causes excess shedding...my back hair sheds a lot but its super dense and tight because it grows back normal...where i have Androgenetic Alopecia on crown it does not grow back as it should.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Roberto_72 if you take that much Iron make sure you get blood work every six weeks or so..My Dr slowly increased my dosage according to my blood work monitoring. I think he also monitors my liver etc to make sure its not toxic.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Roberto_72 if you take that much Iron make sure you get blood work every six weeks or so..My Dr slowly increased my dosage according to my blood work monitoring. I think he also monitors my liver etc to make sure its not toxic.
I thought so. I have taken no supplements so far because I know iron can build up very easily :-/
But it has to be done I think. Apart from hair, insufficient iron makes you fatigued I think.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought so. I have taken no supplements so far because I know iron can build up very easily :-/
But it has to be done I think. Apart from hair, insufficient iron makes you fatigued I think.

Yes for me its very hard to store iron--i need the high dose but thats not everyone. Some absorb it quicker.

I have noticed positive change in my over all health for sure.

hopefully it will help hair but thats hard to know and i think it would take a long time to effect that from what i was told.

But i do have Androgenetic Alopecia also.

I read studies by Dr George Costarellis that if you have anemia that getting iron up, ferritin up that the hair loss treatments work better than those who do not treat low iron/ferritin. BUT i think this study was specific for women i am not sure if studies were done on men.

Dr Costarellis was the one who did a lot of studies on ferritin and hair loss connection.