Gettin A Transplant At 19 Read My Story Please

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that’s a very broad statement by you. for all you know i could keep my hair plus transplanted hair thanks to dutasteride for the next 3 decades

Your right you could keep your hair for decades but it is much more likely that it will only work for 4 or 5 years. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get a transplant and I hate to be a Debbie downer but I just want you to realize that there is a good possibility that It wont last near as long as you hope.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You won't get anything close to your native density with a transplant, it will look messed up. You have to do some serious research on the limitations of transplants before jumping blindly into this, or will you regret it immensely.

Transplants are meant to give the illusion of density, and will almost always require some type of combover to give an aesthetically pleasing result. To get something that you want will require a high number of grafts, with no guarantee of success. What if you get shock loss? What if you get scalp necrosis? (this can happen if you try to squeeze too many grafts in too small an area).

Stop chasing an ideal and be happy with what you have, your hair still looks good now.

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't get anything close to your native density with a transplant, it will look messed up. You have to do some serious research on the limitations of transplants before jumping blindly into this, or will you regret it immensely.

Transplants are meant to give the illusion of density, and will almost always require some type of combover to give an aesthetically pleasing result. To get something that you want will require a high number of grafts, with no guarantee of success. What if you get shock loss? What if you get scalp necrosis? (this can happen if you try to squeeze too many grafts in too small an area).

Stop chasing an ideal and be happy with what you have, your hair still looks good now.
Interesting points. So, all these videos of post hair transplant videos from dr. Diep that match natural density of the patients are a scam? If transplants are so limited, why do people opt for them? If you have a small degree of hair loss wouldn’t it be wise to maintain and do a small transplant to fill in temples...?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Where are "all these videos" you speak of? Also, seeing a transplant in person vs on video or in pictures makes a big difference.

People opt for them because having some hair on your head is better than none. In some cases, they can turn out really good. But you have to temper your expectations and know that there is a possibility of failure, no matter who the surgeon is.

You may have a small degree of hairless now, but male pattern baldness is unpredictable. Chances are, if you are on treatments, you will maintain for a good while, but it's all an individual case by case basis.

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are "all these videos" you speak of? Also, seeing a transplant in person vs on video or in pictures makes a big difference.

People opt for them because having some hair on your head is better than none. In some cases, they can turn out really good. But you have to temper your expectations and know that there is a possibility of failure, no matter who the surgeon is.

You may have a small degree of hairless now, but male pattern baldness is unpredictable. Chances are, if you are on treatments, you will maintain for a good while, but it's all an individual case by case basis.
Look up dr. Diep on youtube videos. His work is quite amazing if you ask me.

What would you recommend for me then. Stay on meds till mid 20s then opt for a transplant?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Look up dr. Diep on youtube videos. His work is quite amazing if you ask me.

What would you recommend for me then. Stay on meds till mid 20s then opt for a transplant?

Yes, stay on meds for now and get a transplant much later.

Having a straight *** hairline is overrated, you have good density which is most important. Actually Norwood 2 hairlines can even look better than Norwood 1 in many cases, it's natural for men to have a little receding as they age. As long as you aren't full on cueball and can style your hair somewhat then you're fine.

I'm Norwood 5 diffuse so styling my hair is impossible, I have to buzzcut. I'd love to have hair like yours, but I can't transplant yet because the shock loss to my native hair would make the net hair after the transplant negligible.

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, stay on meds for now and get a transplant much later.

Having a straight *** hairline is overrated, you have good density which is most important. Actually Norwood 2 hairlines can even look better than Norwood 1 in many cases, it's natural for men to have a little receding as they age. As long as you aren't full on cueball and can style your hair somewhat then you're fine.

I'm Norwood 5 diffuse so styling my hair is impossible, I have to buzzcut. I'd love to have hair like yours, but I can't transplant yet because the shock loss to my native hair would make the net hair after the transplant negligible.
Thanks for tje reply. Some wuestions

How pld are you
When did u notice jair loss at what age
When do yu plan on getting transplant
Are you still balding

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not get a transplant at your age. 1 year is not long enough to know if you really are stabilizing. Really isn't worth the risk at all given how good your hair looks right now. I get you're freaking out cus you're losing your hair at 19, but tbh it is very minimal, especially given that it looks that good when wet. Give it much more time. If at 25 you still have stabilized you can consider it, but tbh you don't need one if your hair loss stabilizes at that point. I don't think many doctors, other than sh*t ones just trying to make money, would even go through with a transplant given the very minimal loss and your age.

Also I dont at all believe your natural hairline was where you are pointing those arrows to. Post pictures of your hairline before hair loss. No doctor is going to transplant hair to an area that low. Will look ridiculous.

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not get a transplant at your age. 1 year is not long enough to know if you really are stabilizing. Really isn't worth the risk at all given how good your hair looks right now. I get you're freaking out cus you're losing your hair at 19, but tbh it is very minimal, especially given that it looks that good when wet. Give it much more time. If at 25 you still have stabilized you can consider it, but tbh you don't need one if your hair loss stabilizes at that point. I don't think many doctors, other than sh*t ones just trying to make money, would even go through with a transplant given the very minimal loss and your age.

Also I dont at all believe your natural hairline was where you are pointing those arrows to. Post pictures of your hairline before hair loss. No doctor is going to transplant hair to an area that low. Will look ridiculous.
the arrows aren’t pointing to wher I want my hairline to be its just an indicator of what needs to be dropped down a little bit.

I’ll upload a pic from childhood before puberty. Also.. what Norwood would you say I am right now

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12 and 13

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 264

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right you could keep your hair for decades but it is much more likely that it will only work for 4 or 5 years. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get a transplant and I hate to be a Debbie downer but I just want you to realize that there is a good possibility that It wont last near as long as you hope.
Dude how can you say hell be bald by 30 ?!! His hairline looks like MAX a mature hairline , if you are not informed on how hairloss works do not say this stuff to make him freak out for no reason. As for the thread creator you should wait it out until 24 25 and see how it progresses. Take pictures every 6 months and see if you see changes. If you start to see changes and you shed or something along the lines take finasteride and minoxidil BUT be sure that it is changing. Just know the average person can achieve some sort of acceptable look thrpugh hair transplants at any type of hairloss so keep calm brother and wait it out till 25 or if you start to shed get on meds but pictures are needed. I had a much worse hairline than you at 20 and at 24 it has stayed the same and ill be going for my hair transplant next year ! Cheers

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
12 and 13
Yeah you naturally have a high hairline. You do not appear to have receded at all in the forelock area, so bringing it down would be very unwise. Your temples have gone back, but not significantly and honestly could just be a mature hairline, given that your density doesn't seem to have declined much.

Have others noticed you are losing hair/receding? I feel like I wouldn't have noticed anything if I saw you in person. Have you been to a dermatologist? Have you been on duta 1.5 years? And would say you are a NW2 right now.

Also it would help more if you took pictures of your hair when dry in better lighting.

Regardless I think a hair transplant is a bad idea and don't think you'll even find a doctor willing to do one on you.

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you naturally have a high hairline. You do not appear to have receded at all in the forelock area, so bringing it down would be very unwise. Your temples have gone back, but not significantly and honestly could just be a mature hairline, given that your density doesn't seem to have declined much.

Have others noticed you are losing hair/receding? I feel like I wouldn't have noticed anything if I saw you in person. Have you been to a dermatologist? Have you been on duta 1.5 years? And would say you are a NW2 right now.

Also it would help more if you took pictures of your hair when dry in better lighting.

Regardless I think a hair transplant is a bad idea and don't think you'll even find a doctor willing to do one on you.
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I have been on Dutasteride/Monxodil/Nizoral/Finasteride/Nutrafol , all for 1.5 years exactly...

I read from various doctors that if you HAVE stablized your hair loss for over a year and a few months, that you MAY be eligible for a hair transplant procedure (small one), or a hairline lowering procedure granted you stay on medication forever... because i would rather have a great non-receeded head of hair at my young age now, than get one at 26 when i dont even care about hair anymore, and my youth is over...

what do you think?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I have been on Dutasteride/Monxodil/Nizoral/Finasteride/Nutrafol , all for 1.5 years exactly...

I read from various doctors that if you HAVE stablized your hair loss for over a year and a few months, that you MAY be eligible for a hair transplant procedure (small one), or a hairline lowering procedure granted you stay on medication forever... because i would rather have a great non-receeded head of hair at my young age now, than get one at 26 when i dont even care about hair anymore, and my youth is over...

what do you think?
Lol. I am 25 and I can tell you I don't feel like my youth is over. I care more about my looks now then I did at 19 or whatever. Life is much better in your mid 20s than late teens.

And yes may be eligible, but very few doctors will perform this procedure on a 19 year old, and given your level of hair loss it is extremely unlikely they will do it. Even if you have stabilized after 1.5 years, at 19 it is way too early to tell. This is people who have stabilized in their 30s that they're talking about. There is a huge difference, because if your hair loss started as a teenager it is going to be more aggressive, and they honestly have no idea if your hair will continue to get worse as you get older. Feel free to go for it, but only choose reputable surgeons, and I will guarantee none will do it. Now if you go look for some garbage doctor then sure you might be able to find one who will do it, but you will regret the decision.

baldingat18

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So would you guys say my hair loss has been all natural/mature hairline or is it male pattern baldness?

Attachments

• 89A6B589-E1E6-4B7E-90D1-47DB62F30788.jpeg
    89A6B589-E1E6-4B7E-90D1-47DB62F30788.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 90327891-DC7C-44B6-A276-E51DACF5FEB5.jpeg
    90327891-DC7C-44B6-A276-E51DACF5FEB5.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 236
  • BFCAE680-65B1-4FA7-8540-80948D701312.jpeg
    BFCAE680-65B1-4FA7-8540-80948D701312.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 239

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Thanks for tje reply. Some wuestions

How pld are you
When did u notice jair loss at what age
When do yu plan on getting transplant
Are you still balding

I'm 27 now, I started losing my hair at, hmm I'd say 21 or 22. I was in denial at first, tried a ton of "natural" remedies: pumpkin seed oil, saw palmetto, ecklonia cava, castor oil, red clover, you name it I tried it.

At around 24/25 I realized if I do nothing it's game over for me, I was diffusing all over the top of my head. So I got on finasteride and minoxidil, and a few months ago I started derma rolling 1.5mm with a derma pen. I also use a natural topical on my head daily that has some scientific backing, but I'm skeptical it does anything at this point.

I am still balding because finasteride isn't strong enough to stop it completely. However, it has slowed way way down, thank god. I've also had no side effects, at least that I can tell, so that's good.

I do plan to get a transplant, but because I'm diffuse, I don't have slick bald areas. So, I'm worried about shock loss, and also I don't really want to use my grafts on the crown, because the crown needs way more grafts to look ok than the front does, and in my opinion the front is more important anyway.