Getting older with a hair system, general advice needed

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just looking for advice about how to deal with wearing a hair system as I'm getting older.

(Bit of background) I'm 33 now and have been wearing a system for 5 years now, no one knows i wear a system apart from my family. Over the last 12 months a lot of my friends have been saying how dark my hair is. Most of my friends are losing there hair or going grey.

I was just wondering what is the best way to not stand out. Was thinking of getting a few greys in my new system but my bio hair hasn't any greys in it so would that stand out more?
Or would it be best to just go down in hair density?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely reduce density and break up the hair by adding lowlights and grey hair. 5% grey will be a good start, barely noticeable. If you have black hair then add in 10% dark brown too, which will make it look more natural.

Consider changing the contour of your hairline too, like evolving it into a more A shaped hairline over time.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Compared to 12 years ago, I reduced my density and added 10% grey. I took the state of my native hair in terms of colour and density as a guide for my piece.

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just looking for advice about how to deal with wearing a hair system as I'm getting older.

(Bit of background) I'm 33 now and have been wearing a system for 5 years now, no one knows i wear a system apart from my family. Over the last 12 months a lot of my friends have been saying how dark my hair is. Most of my friends are losing there hair or going grey.

I was just wondering what is the best way to not stand out. Was thinking of getting a few greys in my new system but my bio hair hasn't any greys in it so would that stand out more?
Or would it be best to just go down in hair density?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks
Yes, next time you order make sure to get 10% or 20% grey. I would probably start with 20% since 10% is barely noticeable. You might also consider switching to the next lighter shade of hair.