Getting propecia in the UK

Hair today...

Reaction score
Hi

Where can I get the best deal on propecia in the UK? Online or in a pharmacy - does anyone know of good websites?

I have a prescrption.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair today... said:
biff, how long does an order take? and how do their prices compare with elsewhere?

I've only checked out a couple of places online, but I believe In House's prices are pretty good. You can get Propecia for a similar price from Boots' online prescription service if you have a prescription.

Delivery times vary depending if your order gets held up by customs. If this happens it can take 2 to 3 weeks. The Royal Mail will then want the VAT that was charged and a small handling fee. I've only ordered from them twice. The first time my order got held up by customs, but last time they missed it and it arrived in just under a week.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair today... said:
Hi

Where can I get the best deal on propecia in the UK? Online or in a pharmacy - does anyone know of good websites?

I have a prescrption.

It is worth pointing out as you only have a few posts against your name and you may not be aware.

Propecia and Proscar are the same drug.

Propecia is 1mg of finasteride made by Merck.

Proscar is 5mg of finasteride made by Merck.

Many here buy Proscar and chop it into 5 pieces and take 1 piece (=1mg) every day, this gives you the same 1mg of finasteride recommended for male pattern baldness that Propeia would give you.

As Propecia and Proscar are priced roughly equally, 1mg of finasteride from Proscar works out around 5 times cheaper than the relatively expensive Propecia.

A years supply of finasteride (1mg a day) costs me around £70, buying the same drug from the same manufacturer through Boots will cost you around £365, that's almost £300 you could have spent on beer & kebabs.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Radio said:
that's almost £300 you could have spent on beer & kebabs.

Hey Radio, did you see any difference with the kebabs? I would like to thicken those velluses.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Went through a pretty big money shed.

Hair today...

Reaction score
I've checked inhousepharmacy's site and they're selling propecia at £39.50 (excluding VAT i think) for 1 pack that lasts 28 days.

Without buying more than 1 month's supply is this really the cheapest UK price? Seems expensive to me, but then I'm knew to this :?

Are there any online sites that offer it for less?

Hair today...

Reaction score
I'm new to this business of ordering medication online so this may seem like a stupid question but if I want to order propecia from say inhousepharmacy how do I get my prescription to them for proof?

Do they require you to post it to them in advance, or do they contact your GP?

And surely there aren't any customs charges if you live in the UK, is that only applied to those ordering from abroad?

So many questions :freaked2:

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair today... said:
Do they require you to post it to them in advance, or do they contact your GP?

And surely there aren't any customs charges if you live in the UK, is that only applied to those ordering from abroad?

So many questions :freaked2:

http://www.qhi.co.uk need no prescription, but need you to fill in and fax them a disclaimer form (it is on their website)

Often a company based in the UK ships in its medications from some other international location, so custom charges may be an issue, I have never paid any customs charges ordering both from qhi based in the UK and Dr Lee based in the US, amongst many other sources.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't need a prescription with In House, you just order online as you would anything else. If you are lucky you will receive your order within 7 days and get away with not paying any VAT. If customs notice it, they will charge the VAT to the Royal Mail and the Royal Mail will then pass this cost on to you along with a handling charge of £3.75. The Propecia they sell is for the New Zealand market and is sent from Vanuatu.

If you have a prescription you can get 28 tablets from Boots for £29.96:

http://www.boots.com/microsites/microsi ... entId=3816

As Radio says, you can save money by buying Proscar and cutting it into quarters to have a dose of around 1.25mg instead of the recommended dose of 1mg. To avoid taking over the recommended dose, some people take 1/4 Proscar every other day. There was somebody who reprted good results doing this a little while ago. It is possible to cut Proscar into fifths to get 1mg, but I believe it is pretty hard to do. QHI are cheaper than In House for Proscar, but the last time I looked they didn't stock Propecia.

After reading about the various side effects, I started off with 0.5mg (1/2 Propecia) which gave me achy balls and a loss of libido. I am now trying 0.25mg and so far haven't had any issues with my balls or libido. I'm not sure if it is doing much for my hair, but it has only been around 3 months, so it's early days. A lot of people don't get any side effects with 1mg, so don't let me put you off. Also, just about every prescription drug will cause side effects in some people.

Britannia

Reaction score
Have you considered finpecia, made by the company Cipla? It is EXACTLY the same drug as Propecia but costs £13 not £39.
Radio do http://www.qui.co.uk ship from the UK or abroad?

Britannia

Reaction score
And the award for the fastest every response to a post goes to.....

Hair today...

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys.

I think I'd like to try the 'real' propecia drug for the first month before considering the generic stuff. Just call it 'buyers doubt' if you will.

So if you have a prescription are Boots the cheapest at about £29, which is a tenner less than the price at inhousepharmacy?

Does anyone know if Boots pharmacies tend to stock this instore or do they generally have to order it in?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair today... said:
I think I'd like to try the 'real' propecia drug for the first month before considering the generic stuff. Just call it 'buyers doubt' if you will.

What are you doubting ?