Going crazy or balding?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Don't use rogaine...you don't want to be using that for the rest of your life. It makes things so difficult...imagine backpacking around the world and applying that $#iT in public bathrooms and then having it drip down your face as you sweat...I hate that stuff!

Just use propecia...it's so much easier and it'll probably do the trick on it's own. If it doesn't, then think about adding rogaine later down the track.

If you start now, you're committed for life.
skaff havent you discoverd the wonders of the foam yet? none of what you wrote applies to the foam

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO your hairloss is questionable. Some people on this forum are too quick to judge.

Natural thinning does occur after puberty. The older you get, the less hair you will have, and this goes for anybody with or without male pattern baldness. It is possible that you will just thin to the point you are at now, maybe get a little worse, and that will be it for at least 10-15 years.

Your best bet is to go see a dermatologist before making any self medicated choices.

G

Yes, seeing a doctor is never wrong, but I didn´t want to give him any false hope. It is most likely male pattern baldness.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
m_campbell said:
where can i pick up spironolactone cream and nizoral? They sell that stuff at walmart or am I going to have to order it online? and how long do I have to wait till i start procepia?

you can try dr. lee, http://www.minoxidil.com for spironolactone. I used to try it. Gotta warn you, it smells REALLY bad..... You can get nizoral 1% over the counter from any drugstore.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
Skaff said:
Don't use rogaine...you don't want to be using that for the rest of your life. It makes things so difficult...imagine backpacking around the world and applying that $#iT in public bathrooms and then having it drip down your face as you sweat...I hate that stuff!

Just use propecia...it's so much easier and it'll probably do the trick on it's own. If it doesn't, then think about adding rogaine later down the track.

If you start now, you're committed for life.

not that big a commitment really. we have to brush our teeth everyday, and wash ourselves and our hair. its not much different than that

With the rogaine foam it's really like using mousse or something for your hair. Even with the propecia, if you get results, you have to use it for the rest of your life too... Just like we have to eat food and drink water for the rest of our lives

m_campbell

Reaction score
Ok so I will go make an appointment with my doctor to see if I am actually balding. If so I am going to buy some procepia, I already have the nizoral and begin taking it.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
m_campbell said:
Ok so I will go make an appointment with my doctor to see if I am actually balding. If so I am going to buy some procepia, I already have the nizoral and begin taking it.

Unfortunately, it's not quite a simple as that. There's no magical test for balding...if it's not obvious to you then it won't be obvious to him/her. They can only really make a diagnosis based on your family history...but it's always good to get your prescription from a Doctor rather than the internet.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
porajj said:
IMO your hairloss is questionable. Some people on this forum are too quick to judge.

Natural thinning does occur after puberty. The older you get, the less hair you will have, and this goes for anybody with or without male pattern baldness. It is possible that you will just thin to the point you are at now, maybe get a little worse, and that will be it for at least 10-15 years.

Your best bet is to go see a dermatologist before making any self medicated choices.
his scalp is showing