Good, then bad, please help me ..

need_help_urgently

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for 6 months now as I was going bald at the crown. I also started Regaine reg. strength at the same time. Up until last month results were great, definate regrowth, comments form everyone saying my hair looked real thick ( it didn't look too bad before to be honest, but change was impressive ). Then 3 / 4 weeks ago I noticed it looked wite thin in the middle of my head, and i'm pretty sure it has gotten worse, real real thinning. Has anyone experienced this before ? I didn't use the regaine on the middle of my head (only on the crown before then) until about 4 months ago. It is really really freaking me out and making me depressed.

Any advice anyone ?

C

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
A tempory shed sometimes follows a period of improvment. No need to panic, it is temporay. Just remain consitant with your regime and you will recover, with maybe even more gain than the initial growth. Remember, this too shall pass.

need_help_urgently

Reaction score
I will stick in there, but am really worried that I've started to shed so far into my treatment, it was going so well too. You can see my scalp now. I really hope you are right, is it common like this ? I'm pretty desperate as I could never see my scalp before and it's been so sudden.

Thanks for the advice.

C

need_help_urgently

Reaction score
No, I'll try and get some, but it really is as simple as that, was going slightly thin on crown, so started treatment as above, was worried about going bald in future so began using it on top of head too, that was about 6 weeks ago, now it's gone real thin real quick, so much so you can see my scalp a little bit. It has clearly thinned in the middle though.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
You can shed anytime during treatment. it may happen more than once it or may not. after the first year or so the shedding wont be so largely syncronised. no worries, it will pass. relax, and let the medicine do its thing.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds like you're alright so far. you can only (just) see the scalp now.

for most people, the scalp is always visible.... i dont' know if mine is considered to be so, but under water, definately, under light, possibly, combed wrong, yes....

oh woe is me. - homer simpson

but it's good to hear that your regime is working for you, keep it up dude.

need_help_urgently

Reaction score
Worked in one place, lets just hope I haven't started to go bald in the middle and it's not just shedding !!!

Only time shall tell, would be gutted if it stops working now ! surely it works all over if it's goin to too !