Gray Man's story (finasteride, minoxidil, now Dutasteride)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't scalp DHT be eradiacted to after supressing 99% body DHT for so long? I have a hard time believing 1% body DHT would be able to effectively create 50% of the DHT in the scalp...

Fluridil and spironolactone are my best bets for anti-androgen topicals am I right? Still was not able to pay for my dutasteride delivery from United, so I doubt I could order anything from there. And if I could, I doubt I could afford it...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Would taking 3 caps once a week in one day help? If I can get my dutasteride 'dealer' to supply me more, I'll be at least able to do it. Thinking of doing this at least the coming 2 months maybe? Would like to know if this is maybe going to be effective, cause I don't want to risk my manhood...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I hope this dutasteride is working. I've basically been a diffuse NW1.5 with a thin hairline, but the way my hair is keeps it looking pretty volumuous

I basically stopped consistent finasteride in late august\early september

started dutasteride 2.5 weeks ago

scalp itch seems to have stopped but im applying minoxidil regularly again (I kinda slacked off and didn't stay consistent on this either)

loss was expected, but I wasn't expecting so much so fast. still kinda Norwood 1.5 (lost a little on each side at hairline) but i've diffused more into a NW3-ish pattern

with toppik i still pull off a perfect NW1 look with the way i brush my hair.

i'm hoping i'll see some dutasteride results in the next month. definitely need them. no sides really.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Three weeks on dutasteride today, been taking one basically every other day

sex drive is still pretty high, plenty of energy, no brain fog or anything like that. Sexual sides were my only side effect on finasteride, so far on dutasteride I seem OK.

Shedding has slowed, the only itch I get is if I use too much minoxidil, so I ASSUME that means the dutasteride is working. Still slightly worried it's fake but I have no legitimate reason to be...three weeks isn't enough time to get any decent regrowth.

I've still been shedding around the hairline some but that area almost immediately started to miniaturize after I stopped finasteride....was off finasteride for two months and while I regret getting off, I feel it was better for my sexual health\peace of mind in that area (sex drive\sensitivity did come back after stopping)

hoping that this shedding will stop soon and see stabilization there. I'll be happy.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
3.5 weeks

no problems yet

very high sex drive still, sensitivity seems like its around 90-95% but that might just be in my head.

still hoping dutasteride is real, taking one every other day. with no scalp itch i've got to assume it is.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I got my Dutas by Dr. Reddy. The gel caps look almost the exact same--small and dark brown. I took a dutagen this morning. I'll take a dutas on Wednesday and see if I feel any different.

Still amazes me not to have sides on dutasteride!!! Will be 4 weeks in taking one every other day on Wednesday

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
no regrowth yet on dutasteride

left temple looks terrible. still has nw1.5-ish outline but its thinned out a LOT behind it...gotten harder to brush hair and if i hold my hair "up" towards the light and look in the mirror its like a sparse forest. Right temple is doing a lot better in this regard.

4.5 week mark. i responded very well to finasteride in the hair area. hoping to see dutasteride results...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
week 5 i guess. still no regrowth. still getting miniaturized shedding in temples. sex drive is pretty decent and no watery sperm like i had on finasteride

i've tried both dutas and dutasteride..every indication is that I'm making it through on here sides-free but i just cant be sure until i see regrowth. I responded well to Finasteride at both 1.25 and 0.25 mg doses, but both gave me sides (0.25 was pretty good but still had kinda watery sperm and never got any sort of random erection ever...also decreased sensitivity and couldn't keep it up as well. on dutasteride i seem to be 99% normal)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
7.5 weeks on, 8 weeks will be Wednesday

still no results.

libido fine, hasn't changed at all.

still shedding as far as i can tell. no real results on the hairline. very obnoxious. i've tried both Dutagen (ranbaxy) and Dutas (dr reddy) from InHouse and the taste of both the capsule and the stuff inside seems to be identical.

edit:

I've been doing minoxidil 1x per day. I was doing 2x per day all of 2011 but I have seen no additional regrowth from 2x over 1x. I stopped for a little while because I ran out of minoxidil, but I got back on and been consistent since. Seems to help a little, but I'm not a crazy good responder to minoxidil.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
You could try applying the Minoxidil on your scalp when its wet for better absorbing. I've read a succed story here yesterday and that person got crazy good regrowth. I'm at least going to do the same from now on.

Anyway, 7.5 weeks is far too early to expect any results.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. 7 weeks is nothing. Continue your stuff!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
10 weeks now, no change. Honestly I can't tell if I'm getting worse or if it's stabilized or what.

Regardless, the hairline is not the same it was back in the summer, where it was pretty much totally stable since starting finasteride in May of 2010. Just a short while off started a long downslide....

Libido is still 90-100% and still can get rock hard etc., nothing like when on finasteride.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
2.5 weeks later, still shedding a bit and no regrowth seen yet. I have tons of tiny hairs all over my temples but I am not sure how many of those will regrow.

I am still worried about Dutagen, praying it works. I've upped my dose, for now, to 0.5mg per day instead of every other day.

A couple of times I've went a couple of days using only foam minoxidil instead of the liquid, and the "male pattern baldness itch" does seem to not be there. I usually get a slightly itchy scalp from the minoxidil liquid...so I've tested to see if the "male pattern baldness itch" has returned, but it doesn't seem to be there. I do often find miniaturized hairs in the itchy areas where I apply a little extra minoxidil. Very discouraging.

I am definitely hoping to see some improvement in the next two months. I think I might go back to a low dose of Finasteride if I don't see improvement by the end of March.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Still shedding.

I took a Fincar pill and divided it up into 6 pieces, so each is just under 1mg. I took three of them, one each night, and yesterday had ball ache just like I had on finasteride.

Is Dutagen even working? Is it legit? I ordered a BUNCH of Dutas and finpecia. I will try Dutas for a while, and if I still see nothing I am going back on finasteride regardless of the sides (I get none on dutasteride so far)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Thanks for advice. And I'm not starting\stopping on purpose...the sides on finasteride just really got too bothersome at 1.25mg again late in the summer, so I stopped, and I thought I might start back at 0.25 again, but instead I decided to go the dutasteride route and see what happens.

Several people vouch for Dutas being real, so I'm gonna stick with that for a while.