Green Tea As A Hair Loss Treatment: A Myth?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've seen some people here think drinking green tea can help with hair loss so I looked it up and as far as I can see this is just a myth and no studies conclusively prove the idea that green tea helps in any way with hair loss. Although it does have a lot of other health benefits, of course!
Thoughts.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
i drink green tea on the daily, and also take a biotin supplement, and i can assure you they do nothing for hairloss.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I drink copious amounts of green tea daily. The voluminous documented health benefits in existence ought to make me feel/look vitally invincible, but the fact is I feel no stronger and look worse since I introduced it into my diet years ago. Not to mention my teeth require more care thanks to GT's staining power.
Not trying to mock OP but I probably wouldn't have to dig too deep to find a "study" alleging GT exacerbates hair loss.

Maybe it slows Androgenetic Alopecia down minutely, unfortunately I personally haven't seen it.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Too much green tea can also irritate your stomach lining and cause vommiting and diarrhea.

Happened to me when I first heard about it's "magical effect on hairloss"

It did nothing.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Too much green tea can also irritate your stomach lining and cause vommiting and diarrhea.

Happened to me when I first heard about it's "magical effect on hairloss"

It did nothing.

Me too, my arse does strange things whenever I've drank too much green tea!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Used to drink approx.one gallon a day(unsweetened) and my plumbing is in excellent working order. Had I drank sweetened tea (sugar, artificial sweeteners)might not have been so lucky.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if green tea did anything to help hair loss it would probably only be like 1% of what any traditional treatment such as finasteride/dutasteride or minoxidil would do.

chinese people drink tons of green tea and I've seen many bald or balding Chinese men and women

John33

Reaction score
Green tea has side effects . For example, deteriorating digestion of protein and helps in the formation of kidney stones.

Gargi

Reaction score
Try out this…

Green Tea Rinse

Wash your hair as normal, and then message cool, freshly brewed green tea into your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then rinse it out with cool water. Repeat 2 to 3 times a week for a couple of months. This rinse will stimulate your hair follicles and help prevent scalp problems like dandruff.

Fall

Reaction score
Are there green tea pills. I hate the taste of green tea and I am not a green tea drinker in general. Is there any option to get the health benefits from green tea without actually having to drink it?

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
dont waste your time with green tea, honestly.
Are there green tea pills. I hate the taste of green tea and I am not a green tea drinker in general. Is there any option to get the health benefits from green tea without actually having to drink it?

Reaction score
I've seen some people here think drinking green tea can help with hair loss so I looked it up and as far as I can see this is just a myth and no studies conclusively prove the idea that green tea helps in any way with hair loss. Although it does have a lot of other health benefits, of course!
Thoughts.

Yes, exactly! I heard about the benefits of Green tea to our hair. It contains vitamin C and vitamin E that can help in hair growth. It could help also prevent one of the main causes of baldness. One of the best things here is, it can make our hair healthy.

anubro

Reaction score
Taking green tea (4-5 cups, cold or luke warm brewing) for over a year, switched from coffee , skin went better and absolutely zero effect on hair.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys ??? We are in 2K16 and there are topics about Green Tea and hair loss ??? Are you mad ?????????
Do you really think natural **** like Green Tea or Saw Palmetto will help you ??? Really ???

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously guys ??? We are in 2K16 and there are topics about Green Tea and hair loss ??? Are you mad ?????????
Do you really think natural **** like Green Tea or Saw Palmetto will help you ??? Really ???

:unsure:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
All this disagreenable talk is finally starting to tea me off. :(