GrowHairGrow's story - (new pics 2007-05-20)

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My freind if that's you in the avatar you are one good looking guy !!!
And really- keep it shaved ,not only that it looks better but its easier to apply the minoxi and youre much less botherd by the fact that youre balding...
I also recommend using retain -A or azaleic acid before applying the minoxidil it makes the minoxidil dry really really fast so you can get out of the house shortly after applying just beware of the sun but i dont guess you have too much of it now in finland
O the finish girls are amazing u live in heaven just lose the hat and go get you some
:)

G

roki said:
My freind if that's you in the avatar you are one good looking guy !!!
And really- keep it shaved ,not only that it looks better but its easier to apply the minoxi and youre much less botherd by the fact that youre balding...
I also recommend using retain -A or azaleic acid before applying the minoxidil it makes the minoxidil dry really really fast so you can get out of the house shortly after applying just beware of the sun but i dont guess you have too much of it now in finland
O the finish girls are amazing u live in heaven just lose the hat and go get you some
:)

Haha yeah, no sun burns here in the winter, mate. Anyway, I can't use minoxidil because it irritated the sh*t out of my scalp when I tried it in the summer. Now I found out that I got some kind of a rash and curing it demands different lotions, so I guess minoxidil is out of the question.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got the exact same hair loss pattern as you...it's almost like female pattern hair loss.

Nefarian

Reaction score
looks good

Mann, you really look like Fredrik Ljungberg, has someone told you that before ? :lol: :lol:

I agree that buzzed hair suits you well too :hairy:

G

Re: looks good

Nefarian said:
Mann, you really look like Fredrik Ljungberg, has someone told you that before ? :lol: :lol:

I agree that buzzed hair suits you well too :hairy:

LOL, my brother in law has called me Freddie since I got my hair buzzed.

G

Def keep it buzzed/shaved. Looks a lot better short than long. Can't tell you're losing hair when it's short but when it gets longer than 2 inches seems more noticeable.

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow, I decided next time I go to the barber I am going to do it. I have been wanting to buzz my hair for a while. What clipper number did you do on top? Looks real good man.

G

camobear777 said:
GrowHairGrow, I decided next time I go to the barber I am going to do it. I have been wanting to buzz my hair for a while. What clipper number did you do on top? Looks real good man.

I think this comes late, but I think it was 2 or 3 mm on top and 1 mm on the sides. Anyway, I have let it grow ever since and even though it's clearly diffused on top, I'm not very depressed about my hair anymore... frankly because no one else doesn't seem to care if I'm losing my hair or not. I guess I'll be buzzing it real short again in a while. And oh yeah, good luck to you. I'm sure you'll be much less self-concious about your hair after you've buzzed it.

G

Okay, I'm back on the regimen... I used only finasteride during the winter and I think my hairloss stabilised. I lost a lot of hair around june-august but after that it has been pretty stable, couple of hairs come out when shampooing and occasionally I see 1-2 hairs on my shirt or on my pillow in the morning, but nothing worse than that. Anyhoo, I started minoxidil again on 2007-05-01, but I'm much more careful with it than the last time around. If the scalp feels itchy, I'll pass a day's application etc. Since 2007-05-19 I'm applying Rogaine foam in the frontal/top section of my head, and Kirkland minoxidil in the crown (since it doesn't cause itching there for some reason).

If I get any results, I'll post new pics.

EDIT: I encouraged myself to take pictures. Normal lighting, no flash. I really should f*****g shave it, shouldn't I?

G

Itsonlyinmyhead said:
mate you suit the buzzed look, I dont understand why your growing it out

To be honest, it's because my family members say that I shouldn't buzz. No one else has said that it looks bad, and have treated me like always. My mother got so far that she said she will not have anything to do with me if I buzz it again! :lol: How unfair is that? Besides, it's summer now and every other dude has a shaved head, so it wouldn't even stand out in that sense! The only one in my family who doesn't take it that seriously is my father. Last time I buzzed it (was the 2nd time) on January, he just said: "oh you've done it again". And that's that :lol: .

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ha?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Okay, I'm back on the regimen... I used only finasteride during the winter and I think my hairloss stabilised. I lost a lot of hair around june-august but after that it has been pretty stable, couple of hairs come out when shampooing and occasionally I see 1-2 hairs on my shirt or on my pillow in the morning, but nothing worse than that. Anyhoo, I started minoxidil again on 2007-05-01, but I'm much more careful with it than the last time around. If the scalp feels itchy, I'll pass a day's application etc. Since 2007-05-19 I'm applying Rogaine foam in the frontal/top section of my head, and Kirkland minoxidil in the crown (since it doesn't cause itching there for some reason).

If I get any results, I'll post new pics.

EDIT: I encouraged myself to take pictures. Normal lighting, no flash. I really should f****ing shave it, shouldn't I?

bro i think finasteride really worked on you, your hair has improved a lot since the first set of photos. You dont need to buzz it no more. Judging by those pics, nobody will think your balding.

congrats

G

I don't know, man. To me it looks it has gone downhill all the time, a little slower recently but still. It looks ok in the pic, I have to admit. I think I still have a chance with foam and finasteride. Thanks for the encouragement nevertheless!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
mate you suit the buzzed look, I dont understand why your growing it out

because he wants to? because he prefers it? why come onto a hairloss site to save your hair then buzz it?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
I don't know, man. To me it looks it has gone downhill all the time, a little slower recently but still. It looks ok in the pic, I have to admit. I think I still have a chance with foam and finasteride. Thanks for the encouragement nevertheless!

just keep it up and I think you will achieve what you are looking for man. btw I was gonna say the buzz cut really suits you well.

G

RaginDemon said:
GrowHairGrow! said:

just keep it up and I think you will achieve what you are looking for man. btw I was gonna say the buzz cut really suits you well.

Thanks. I think I will buzz it for the summer and then grow it out again in the fall, could be surprised positively if the treatments have worked.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
saw your update and your hair looks better!

i think that u suit the buzzed look too. But imo i think you have to enjoy your hair while u can ;) is what i will do

i understand when u say it's because your family members u don't buzz. When i buzzed my hair, almost shaved, my whole family looked at me with a scary face eheh. But if i'm going bald.. i can't choose.. they must get used to it

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pereira said:
saw your update and your hair looks better!

i think that u suit the buzzed look too. But imo i think you have to enjoy your hair while u can ;) is what i will do

i understand when u say it's because your family members u don't buzz. When i buzzed my hair, almost shaved, my whole family looked at me with a scary face eheh. But if i'm going bald.. i can't choose.. they must get used to it

I totally agree.

I compared your before and after photos, your hair looks ALOT more healthier.

G

Visited the derm yesterday. He said that my hair hasn't at least gotten any worse during these last 6 months (like I suspected myself). He also said that my scalp looked clean and healthy, so no problems in that department either. Said I should definitely continue using finasteride. Very nice guy, talked this and that with him about hairloss, a youngish (40ish) dude with a full head of hair but still very sympathetic. He also mentioned that he had just got back from a dermatologists' meeting in Vienna, Austria and said that there's nothing new on the hairloss department :( .