H&w Topical Liposomal Finasteride Vs Oral Finasteride

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** on 10th day I started to feel slight ball pain which comes and goes during the day. I might seem hypochondric and I agree with that, but the ball pain is real and I dont have it normally. It is bearable yet, but thats a signal that it goes systemic. f***, and I’ve already bought 4 bottles. I will only use it every other day from now on, but in this case 1 bottle will run out of date. I feel so dumb now that I didnt inform myself enough that 2,5% is 25mg per ml, which is a crazy dose, it should be 0,1% :(

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** on 10th day I started to feel slight ball pain which comes and goes during the day. I might seem hypochondric and I agree with that, but the ball pain is real and I dont have it normally. It is bearable yet, but thats a signal that it goes systemic. f***, and I’ve already bought 4 bottles. I will only use it every other day from now on, but in this case 1 bottle will run out of date. I feel so dumb now that I didnt inform myself enough that 2,5% is 25mg per ml, which is a crazy dose, it should be 0,1% :(

It goes systemic, just not as extensive as oral (in my experience).

I too like you started at 2,5% because "it doesn't go systemic" and it did give me considerable sides after about 2 weeks of daily use.

Saying that, my body gradually adjusted, i did experiment with different kinds of dosage, what work best for me after two years of use is about 1.3% applied every 12th hour. I go longer then that and i get itchy scalp, sides are manageable.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got the gel from Farmacia Parati and it really so hard to apply. You probably have to shave bald to normally distribute it over your head. But I already bought 4 bottles, so I will have to use them somehow.

Buy the one from Murray Phamacy next time it is much better in terms of the application, and also it doesn't go systemic because it's not the retarded 2.5% (which is 50 times the necessary dosage).

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’m just making my own - 3 tabs finasteride and 2 open tabs dutasteride in minoxidil plus 6 Essential oils combo all in one concoction.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm selling 3 new unopened bottles of topical liposomal finasteride gel 2.5% from farmacia parati compounded on 26 march. If somebody cant get prescription - contact me. Shipping cost in Europe goes on me :)
So i bought them for 175euro (each 50 +shipping cost) and selling for just 120euro untouched.

Attachments

• HFPT0AGFXyU_LI.jpg
    HFPT0AGFXyU_LI.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The greek pharmacy is likely not formulating an advanced liposomal formula though, it's different. Any pharmacy can make topical with ethanol and propylene glycol.
They claim their solution is liposomal as well. 2.5% seems to be the standart concentration for liposomal solutions.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you think guys should I order and try 0,1% from Farmacia Parati, or is this bad experience enough? I hope it hasnt done much harm to me in these 2 weeks. Can i still hope on any regrowth on it, after I used it in x25 higher concentration?

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would give .1 a shot honestly, Farmacia Parati is the pharmacy I would trust the most for this formulation.
I dont know bro. Other point is the finasterides flat dose curve. So if it goes systemic it will give me sides again. I found another “h&w” topical finasteride thread and a guy wrote there that he got ball pain, which went away and some gyno sides from 0,1%. The ball pain isnt so rare and isnt even concidered as a real side effect here, because it might be temporary and the body adjusts to it but its scary as hell and i think its a clearly sign to everyone sane to stop taking that sh*t. Gotta think this over well, Im NW3 quickly heading to NW4 and its borderline to shaving it down and forget about hair. My goal was to keep my hair for the future treatments in 2021 (if they not gonna be delayed until 2022 because of coronavirus).

INT

Reaction score
The still cannot get my head around why they went for a 2,5% solution if the goal is to get LESS side effects...

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The still cannot get my head around why they went for a 2,5% solution if the goal is to get LESS side effects...

It's pure retardation. Many are getting side effects on 2.5%, and they should do because that's 25-50 times the needed dosage.

I've been using 0.1% from Murray Pharmacy (liquid solution which is much easier to apply) and it's going really well.

I genuinely have no idea why anyone is still ordering from Farmacia Paratti.

INT

Reaction score
It's pure retardation. Many are getting side effects on 2.5%, and they should do because that's 25-50 times the needed dosage.

I've been using 0.1% from Murray Pharmacy (liquid solution which is much easier to apply) and it's going really well.

Good marketing I guess.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well you can lower the dose at Farmacia Paratti as well, I am using their 0.1% solution. I think it becomes cheaper as well then, because I am only paying I believe 15 euros per bottle right now.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you can lower the dose at Farmacia Paratti as well, I am using their 0.1% solution. I think it becomes cheaper as well then, because I am only paying I believe 15 euros per bottle right now.

That is fairly cheap, but it's not just the cost and dosage but also how difficult it is to apply their gel like solution unless you have a buzz cut.

irao33

My Regimen
Reaction score

I guess this study showed that the liposomal gel had 1/18 systemic absorption compared to oral, so maybe they're thinking that's it's really equivalent to = 25/18 = 1.4mg of finasteride.

My experience with 1% liposomal gel was that it still goes systemic.

https://newhair.com/baldingblog/the...dy-on-300-male-patients-with-genetic-balding/

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know bro. Other point is the finasterides flat dose curve. So if it goes systemic it will give me sides again. I found another “h&w” topical finasteride thread and a guy wrote there that he got ball pain, which went away and some gyno sides from 0,1%. The ball pain isnt so rare and isnt even concidered as a real side effect here, because it might be temporary and the body adjusts to it but its scary as hell and i think its a clearly sign to everyone sane to stop taking that sh*t. Gotta think this over well, Im NW3 quickly heading to NW4 and its borderline to shaving it down and forget about hair. My goal was to keep my hair for the future treatments in 2021 (if they not gonna be delayed until 2022 because of coronavirus).
Would you try topical duta? I've heard from a few sources that people who get sides on finasteride can - weirdly - sometimes tolerate duta. Of course, this is a gamble, so I'm thinking of trying dutasteride mesotherapy first once lockdown is over, and seeing if I get sides after the first course of injections.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this study showed that the liposomal gel had 1/18 systemic absorption compared to oral, so maybe they're thinking that's it's really equivalent to = 25/18 = 1.4mg of finasteride.

My experience with 1% liposomal gel was that it still goes systemic.

https://newhair.com/baldingblog/the...dy-on-300-male-patients-with-genetic-balding/

Yes the Mazzarella study which that article itself quoted used 0.005% which was shown to be effective. What genius decided to create a 2.5% formulation when studies such as https://www.researchgate.net/public...al_Delivery_Systems_for_Androgenetic_Alopecia indicate that liposomes have high permeation (higher than their control hydroalcoholic solution - note PG is high as well but was not directly compared to liposomes in this study or elsewhere that I've seen) I'll never know. But at least they're making money from it.

There are dozones of studies over decades on topical finasteride with standard hydroalcoholic/PG solutions, and there are a couple of studies on finasteride with liposomes. Maybe they know more than me, but all the studies and the (anecdotal) evidence of a significant number getting side effects on 2.5% tells its own story, in addition to the difficulty of applying a gel like substance to one's scalp.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes the Mazzarella study which that article itself quoted used 0.005% which was shown to be effective. What genius decided to create a 2.5% formulation when studies such as https://www.researchgate.net/public...al_Delivery_Systems_for_Androgenetic_Alopecia indicate that liposomes have high permeation (higher than their control hydroalcoholic solution - note PG is high as well but was not directly compared to liposomes in this study or elsewhere that I've seen) I'll never know. But at least they're making money from it.

There are dozones of studies over decades on topical finasteride with standard hydroalcoholic/PG solutions, and there are a couple of studies on finasteride with liposomes. Maybe they know more than me, but all the studies and the (anecdotal) evidence of a significant number getting side effects on 2.5% tells its own story, in addition to the difficulty of applying a gel like substance to one's scalp.

Do you know whether Murray Pharmacy sends their product to Europe as well?