Hair Loss At 17. Now 23, At A Crossroads. (semi Diffused Pattern)

HairCome2Me

Reaction score
I have the same pattern loss as you do and finasteride could not save mine either. I have to comb my hair forward to cover it up. Diffuse loss is really tough to hide without concealers.

Have you tried dutasteride? And yes, my days of slicking the hair up or backwards is quite numbered :(

- - - Updated - - -

I agree your hair loss is minimal. I wouldn't worry about it at all until I was about 21 unless it starts falling over the place at a faster pace.

Thanks buddy. Except I am 25 now :) And I won't say my hairloss is minimal. I just have long hair to cover up the lack of density. Each of my strand up top is about 4 inches long so when I slick it up or to the side, it makes it seem like I have decent density. The problem is that if I slick up or backward, my crown and top looks fine since it's covered by the hairs in those regions in addition to the top 2 inches of the hair styled over from my hairline + temples.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you could start to think about switching to dutasteride which is supposedly stronger than finasteride. I've read that people who don't respond to finasteride have better luck with dutasteride.

Thanks. Will ride out finasteride until the 3 year mark (this October) and then seriously consider dutasteride

HairCome2Me

Reaction score
Update time.
Got a haircut yesterday and idk what in the world I was thinking asking the barber to cut it all off. I suppose I was curious to see the extent of my hair loss and boy do I regret it.

First the positives:
- finasteride has definitely maintained the crown and top very very well. Hair up there is noticeably thicker than the frontal parts. I can attribute all this to finasteride alone because I only apply minoxidil to the front temple hairline areas
- it'll be easier to apply topicals and maintainance will be hassle free

Now the negatives:
- despite applying minoxidil once a day my hairline and frontal areas (especially the temples) are still getting destroyed
- this haircut put the nails on the coffin for any potential short hairstyles
- if I don't take action to save my front there'll be no use to have a thick top and the bald cut is an eventuality

Action steps:
- Stay on finasteride and hang on for dear life for the top and crown
- I've added a Japanese topical made by Shiseido which is generally respected beauty brand in Asia. I will apply that in the morning in addition to the minoxidil at night
- seriously considering dutasteride...(would need to find a doctor here in the US that will actually prescribe it for hair loss)

Anyhow. Never cutting short hair never again!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

HairCome2Me

Reaction score
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG
Time for another update. I've said before finasteride despite not doing much for the front, has maintained my crown. Well I guess that time has come and gone. My crown is now starting to go. It might be due to how I was on travel and missed out on 2 weeks of finasteride and minoxidil. I am now back on the regimen and hopefully it grows back. As for the front, it has continued to thin. Going in for a haircut this weekend and will post more pics of everything. This sh*t sucks.

Questions:
1) Has any long term finasteride users experienced a shed after 3 years? This is different from initial shed (which I did not have, really questioning on the efficacy of finasteride on me as it seems like everyone who's had success with finasteride always sheds in the beginning)
2) If I were to go on dutasteride, where do I go about getting LEGIT dutasteride? I can try my GP but he might not prescribe it to me. Please only respond if you personally have had success from the dutasteride you bought from various websites (alldaychemist for example)

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 47359 View attachment 47360 View attachment 47361 Time for another update. I've said before finasteride despite not doing much for the front, has maintained my crown. Well I guess that time has come and gone. My crown is now starting to go. It might be due to how I was on travel and missed out on 2 weeks of finasteride and minoxidil. I am now back on the regimen and hopefully it grows back. As for the front, it has continued to thin. Going in for a haircut this weekend and will post more pics of everything. This sh*t sucks.

Questions:
1) Has any long term finasteride users experienced a shed after 3 years? This is different from initial shed (which I did not have, really questioning on the efficacy of finasteride on me as it seems like everyone who's had success with finasteride always sheds in the beginning)
2) If I were to go on dutasteride, where do I go about getting LEGIT dutasteride? I can try my GP but he might not prescribe it to me. Please only respond if you personally have had success from the dutasteride you bought from various websites (alldaychemist for example)

you are decently grey also ;)

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HairCome2Me, wow, I have the same pattern as you. Just 100%. How bald is your parents, grandparents? I hope that's not an agressive type of male pattern baldness. Mine started at 22.

Last edited: