Hair Loss Pain - Some Guys Have it Worse.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, really? You have only wrote that a zillion times during your time on this forum.

Petchsky

Reaction score
If i ever go below an NW3 and hit NW4, then that will be the time i buzz my head. NW4's and lower should always buzz imo, otherwise their hair just looks bad

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I would still like IBM to answer my questions.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Good luck on getting an answer that makes sense.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
IBM's logic regarding hair reminds me of a Family Guy episode where Peter shows his wife a picture of Mark Harmond and asks her if Mark Harmond is in a wheelchair. Lois finally gives in and says no. Then Peter says, that is because Mark Harmond is cool. Hence cool people don't ride in wheelchairs.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I think you've cracked it. IBM is our own idiot non savant.

IBM

Reaction score
if you're a regular guy then its impossible to be cool. You'll be perceived as a an invisible dude that hangs around in planet Earth with no hope nor future.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Being cool is something that kids and teenagers should be worried about, not so much for grown adults. There is more to life than being cool or trying to live up to someone else's idea of what cool is. Hairloss can definately be an impediment but who we are should not be defined by how much hair we have and if you can't rise above and adapt to that fact then you're dead in the water.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Oh, really? You have only wrote that a zillion times during your time on this forum.

Yup, and you trolled right after me every single time. Seriously man, your obsession with me is beyond absurd at this point.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mpower said:
I completely agree with the simple arithmetics... 10-3 is still more that 7-3... no doubt about it. may I add something to the theory - this scale is not linear but logarithmic (e.g. the distance between 10-7 is little but the distance between 7 and 4... this is huge)

p.s. yeah, life is not fair.

I'm pretty sure I'm losing more than 3. I'm going to go from maybe a 6 or 6.5 to about a 3.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool is nonexistent.

It's an imagined trait which no one has, yet everyone in some form or another is trying to catch. Trying to be what they aren't. There should be a pill for it but as of yet we have not a one. Cool is something people pretend to be but never are.

Cool is actually a euphemism for loser, But the young are too stupid to notice and the old don't give a toss.

At least with dinosaurs we have bones, we have remains.. With cool there is nothing to even suggest it exists.. aside from a large number of confused people who claim to have seen it.

Of course this is excluding the existence of James Dean.. Cause I dare say that man was cool.

CCS

Reaction score
Yes, the scale is logarithmic. And 8 looks twice as good as a 7. Neutral is somewhere around 5.5ish. A 3 looks twice as bad as a 4.
The average 20 year old is a 7. The average 40 year old is a 5.

Going bald can't possibly drop you 3 points. Maybe if you have a tone of moles on your scalp and are coming from a NW1 it can. Even then, probably only 2 points. Most people drop 1 to 1.5 points from NW1 to NW7. Your face and body still matter a lot. Just no fun since if you were an 8 (good looking), now you are a 7 (average), so you now have to compensate and it can take years to build muscle. And most 7's don't start liking 7's until they are already a 6 or 5 and it is too late. That's what SAF thinks will happen to me.

Even if I become an 8 before my face wrinkles, that does not mean I will stay unwrinkled for long. Might be a brief 8, but I'm doing my best to stay out of the sun and sleep enough.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
ghg said:
Are you high or something? You're not making any sense.

if high is insane for you then yes. i'm insane. insanity is an effect of male pattern baldness for me. for me and for the majority. look at the pedophiles. most are male pattern baldness sufferers.

I completely disagree with the pedophile thing. Hair loss will certainly keep me away from women (like hat prisoner: average looking guy goes bald and gets f*** ugly) but it won't push me towards kids. Thats nuts. The things that make someone a pedophile have nothing to do with hair.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
NW3 as glory days? As a matter of hair NW1 is glory not 2 nor 3.

I can't imagine anyone who has an NW2 at 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 thinking of themselves as balding. It's an adult hairline. There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG WITH NW2, unless of course you're diffuse thinning.

CCS

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
IBM said:
ghg said:
Are you high or something? You're not making any sense.

if high is insane for you then yes. i'm insane. insanity is an effect of male pattern baldness for me. for me and for the majority. look at the pedophiles. most are male pattern baldness sufferers.

I completely disagree with the pedophile thing. Hair loss will certainly keep me away from women (like hat prisoner: average looking guy goes bald and gets f*ck ugly) but it won't push me towards kids. Thats nuts. The things that make someone a pedophile have nothing to do with hair.

Agreed. It is as dumb as saying that bald men who can't get women should become gay and sleep with each other. Aint happening.
However, losing my hair and getting older is making me attracted to some 55 year old women. As long as they are in decent shape and don't have thick wrinkles, I'd totally go for them.