hair transplant questions Armani Vs. Feller

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
Armani told me I needed 3500 with a FUSS. Do I think he gave me 3500? Honestly, not really. But that's what he said he gave me.

I'm glad to hear he's not doing FUSS anymore, it's a shitty procedure, I wish I had the money to afford a FUE back then. I had to go back to work and turned my head a lot (truck driver at the time) so the staples ended up killing some hair follicles. Hurt too, and the shock loss was bad, took more than 3-4 months to fill in, that's for sure. More like I had two big bald patches for 2 months and then slowly filled in over the course of 8 months+. I will have to get a FUE to thicken that up where the staples killed some follicles, and I will need another surgery with less grafts to make my hairline look solid.

Well I haven't had FUE but I can assure you it is painfull just like strip as the incisions still need to be made in the recipient area just like strip.

I used to drive 3 hours a day for work and never had problems with the stitches. I had my surgery on Friday and went back to work on Monday. On my most recent surgery I drove 1200 miles a week after surgery with the sutures still in.

Is the shock loss you describe that grew back in near the donor area or the recipient area ?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Armani told me I needed 3500 with a FUSS. Do I think he gave me 3500? Honestly, not really. But that's what he said he gave me.

I'm glad to hear he's not doing FUSS anymore, it's a shitty procedure, I wish I had the money to afford a FUE back then. I had to go back to work and turned my head a lot (truck driver at the time) so the staples ended up killing some hair follicles. Hurt too, and the shock loss was bad, took more than 3-4 months to fill in, that's for sure. More like I had two big bald patches for 2 months and then slowly filled in over the course of 8 months+. I will have to get a FUE to thicken that up where the staples killed some follicles, and I will need another surgery with less grafts to make my hairline look solid.

Well I haven't had FUE but I can assure you it is painfull just like strip as the incisions still need to be made in the recipient area just like strip.

I used to drive 3 hours a day for work and never had problems with the stitches. I had my surgery on Friday and went back to work on Monday. On my most recent surgery I drove 1200 miles a week after surgery with the sutures still in.

Is the shock loss you describe that grew back in near the donor area or the recipient area ?

I had staples in my head, not sutures.

I highly doubt a FUE is nearly as painful....you see, the pain comes from the staples in your head, and the skin stretching when you move your head.

The shock loss was in the donor area. I had no shock loss in the recipient area.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had staples in my head, not sutures.

I highly doubt a FUE is nearly as painful....you see, the pain comes from the staples in your head, and the skin stretching when you move your head.

The shock loss was in the donor area. I had no shock loss in the recipient area.

That's strange, I had a Trico done with sutures 3 time and never has shock loss or any pain after surgery that was even close to the surgery itself.