Hair Transplant Related Questions And Pictures

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What do you want us to do for you? If you want a transplant, get one. Here is my advice from one guy who suffers from body image problems to another. Realize you are as good looking as your genetics will allow you to be and either accept it or pay someone to alter your looks to your likening. Just remember, when it comes to hair loss, finasteride or dutasteride is a must if you want to fight it or want a transplant. So what else do you want to hear?

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you want us to do for you? If you want a transplant, get one. Here is my advice from one guy who suffers from body image problems to another. Realize you are as good looking as your genetics will allow you to be and either accept it or pay someone to alter your looks to your likening. Just remember, when it comes to hair loss, finasteride or dutasteride is a must if you want to fight it or want a transplant. So what else do you want to hear?

"Realize you are as good looking as your genetics will allow you to be"

Environment has an impact on looks.

"from one guy who suffers from body image problems to another"

What makes you feel as though my perception of my appearance is incorrect? Appearance is quite important and I think I have a better grasp on mine than does an average person, so who has the body image problems?

"Just remember, when it comes to hair loss, finasteride or dutasteride is a must if you want to fight it or want a transplant. "

Plenty of people go from nw2 to nw3 in decades, including my own dad. Getting a transplant at nw2 and having to have a touch up in 10 years, maybe with Tsuji's method, seems very viable as I see it. I have endocrine problems that make the use of finasteride and dutasteride unjustifiable in some ways.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find, you get what you need...

I can definitely see why you would want to fill in your triangles so you could have that perfect hairline but basically the risk reward ratio is too high, especially if you can't take meds.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find, you get what you need...

I can definitely see why you would want to fill in your triangles so you could have that perfect hairline but basically the risk reward ratio is too high, especially if you can't take meds.

Good point, I may look good enough to date girls I wish to date and be generally treated well by people I don't know, as I look like a pretty normal mid 20s guy. Desiring to look early 20s, date younger girls, be considered "handsome" by people who see me for the first time, maybe it's asking for too much and being ungrateful for what I have.

The issue is that other cosmetic procedures are medically riskier. My main aesthetic issues and fixes:

-Substantial asymmetry of the mandible, slight lack of projection, and suboptimal ramus (sliding genioplasty, BSSO, chin wing or custom jaw implant)

-Upturned nose with slightly deviated septum(rhinoplasty)

-Retruded infraorbital rims(infraorbital rim implants, or more conservatively filler)

-Thin neck(neck training)

-NW2 hairline(hair transplant)

Based on morphs I can get away with the rotation of the mandible without looking off from some angles if my hairline is great. Fixing the mandible is risky and not something I can justify very well. This is my main reason for considering a hair transplant, if I could fix the mandible, nw2 would be quite ok with me.

So, when you speak of risks, what are you referring to? The main risks I see are:

1. Not getting ideal density that a future treatment could provide

2. Triggering telogen effluvium in surrounding follicles(shock loss)

3. Receding a lot behind transplant and not having enough grafts to fill it in(not very likely as I see it, given upcoming treatments and the non-aggressive nature of my Androgenetic Alopecia)

Any other input?