hairloss and body hair

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on propecia for over a year. I was very hairy prior to taking propecia. What I notied after is that my hair started to get lighter and figner on my legs arms. I was kind of happy cuz I hate being hairy so much but it got to the point that my hair is amlost lifeless (I don't know if you get the image but it just lays on my skin. I am scared shitless to quit propecia cuz it grew back a lot and I am at the point where I am very satisfied with my hair but now my body hair is a different story. :lost:

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
Ive been on propecia for over a year. I was very hairy prior to taking propecia. What I notied after is that my hair started to get lighter and figner on my legs arms. I was kind of happy cuz I hate being hairy so much but it got to the point that my hair is amlost lifeless (I don't know if you get the image but it just lays on my skin. I am scared shitless to quit propecia cuz it grew back a lot and I am at the point where I am very satisfied with my hair but now my body hair is a different story. :lost:

Let me get this straight........Propecia is helping your scalp hair but hurting your body hair, and you're "scared shitless"??

Man I wish I had your problem. Most people pay 10's of thousands just to get their sclap hair back, and thousands alone to remove their body hair. You're getting both from just one little pill a day. Count your blessings.

If you're really that upset about losing your body hair maybe you can go to Dr. Umar and he can transplant some of your scalp hair to your body?? :dunno:

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
that's not the point ...propecia has change the texture of my body hair it's really lifeless

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
that's not the point ...propecia has change the texture of my body hair it's really lifeless

Get a six-pack and shave it all off, this has worked nicely for me and countless others.

ali777

Reaction score
Man, I'm actually planning to buy a body shaver. I hate my body hair. I too wish I had your problems.

I won't pretend to be very active, but I do go jogging sometimes and my body hair is making me sweat like a pig.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed more body hair after coming off finasteride. Not tons, but a little more on the chest, and fine body/vellus type hairs became slightly more noticable.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Put it this way, the more hair you loose from your head the more likely it is to turn up somewhere unwelcome (such as on your back). Unless you like hairy, like animal.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn I don't know. I think I might quit propecia and will go on topicals (new dutasteride from sinere) in the morning and flutamide gel at night (emu oil before so it slows down absorbation) and just hope for the best. I know that bubka says if you want to keep your hair finasteride is a must but I just can't stand my body hair anymore. I hate DHT!!!!!!!!! It made me hairy with long *** hair on legs and arms and propecia made them thin out and lifless and they look weird. For the last couple of years God was less then receptive to me. Life sucks!

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
Damn I don't know. I think I might quit propecia and will go on topicals (new dutasteride from sinere) in the morning and flutamide gel at night (emu oil before so it slows down absorbation) and just hope for the best. I know that bubka says if you want to keep your hair finasteride is a must but I just can't stand my body hair anymore. I hate DHT!!!!!!!!! It made me hairy with long *** hair on legs and arms and propecia made them thin out and lifless and they look weird. For the last couple of years God was less then receptive to me. Life sucks!

Using emu oil prior to any topical application will not only speed up it's absorption it will increase it as well. Might not be the best idea to do that prior to Flutamide gel application.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem with peoples opinions on various treatments is that they often project their experience with something onto everyone else which doesn't make any sense at all. Yes finasteride may be necessary for some to stand a chance at keeping their hair, but this is not universally applicable. Some people get almost no benefit from it at all, others such as myself grow a jungle of hair (but also have a violent reaction to it). Mileage varies eh.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
What a twatbox. You're upset b/c finasteride made your scalp hair better but your body hair no good. Wow.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
whatever regimen I decided to follow It was a good choice. My hair is great to the point where I am happy with it and if it could stay like that It would be perfect so I am taking all steps neccessary to keep them. I will probably jump back on flutamide (already ordered from gen hair) just have to figure out how to slow that damn absorbation. I know there are ways to do that and I will reaserch that on the net. The good hair is what makes me smile a little even thought everything else in my life sucks big time but the good hair is what keeps me somehow happy so I guess last poster is right I shouldn't be cmplaining about my body hair. I guess I forgot how misreable I was when big shed hit my hair year ago.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, who cares about body hair? Wax it/shave it, whatever. I'd do that for a full head of hair. But anyways, tell me about this Flutamide. It sounds effective as an anti-androgen but somewhat dangerous with the absorption. I don't want anything that going to make it through my scalp and into my body so that rules this substance out?

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah most likely. This stuff is very effective though. I ordered flutamide from genhair and will try to work somehow with it. There propably be some absorbation but very minimal. There are some posters that use flutamide topicaly and are fine. See this is that thin line where you have to choose and take risks. I am trying to figure out a way to slow dow absorbation. I just talk to a dr from skin biology and he stated that emu oil when put prior to any other product will slow down the absorbation of this product and when applied om top of the product will help in absorbation. So this is one option. All I know is that if you still have most of your hair and show early signs of baldness topical flutamide will most likely stop it and keep your hair for a loooooooooooooooong time. I also know it has a local effect cuz I tried it on my beard but I am also sure that some of it gets absorb by our bodies which is bad thing but I believe if you won't go all crazy with this stuff and apply very little it should be fine. Time will tell

antonio666

Reaction score
their is 100 % a connection between body hair and male pattern baldness,i have an hairy chest,not overly hairy
but enough,my older brother who is 35 has no body hair (no that he does not shave)and is a norwood 1 with awesome hair,i am 28 with not so awesome hair