Harley Street Clinic Visit - Reviews? Q's To Ask?

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure who to go to tbh, most of these clinics are in Turkey obviously as far as I'm aware only GetHair who is performed by Dr Tayfun has a place here in the UK where I can go to, but I think they are just salesman and said they can take Hi res photos and send it to the Doctor!

Only two that have seen my head is harley who said no and advanced who said yes.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am more drawn to Turkey though, Because they can use body hair particularly at the back of the head where it looks like it will dip into a U, I keep this area buzzed down to 0 so makes sense to use body hairs for the stubble look as opposed to good hairs which can be kept longer and used up top

jumpfrog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is but I would either go to Belgium or Turkey for some consults. Take your time and stabilise your hair loss with finasteride. I would avoid UK clinics, particularly ones offering £300 off coupons with Shane Warne plastered all over the place. If I had to pick a surgeon in Turkey, Erdogan is the only guy I would consider. But that is just my opinion.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah there are many tbh, Dr Cinik looks good as does Tayfun.. They are probably all equally qualified in their own right, end of the day we are all human so errors can be made, you could pick the best surgeon and if he has personal issues or is feeling under the weather even they could potentially balls it up in that moment.

MrHulley

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't see but are you taking medication to stop more loss? You still have more hair to lose if you aren't so you should maybe not get anything done yet.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im not no, not too keen on taking finasteride... I dont know bit scared to end up with sexual issues.

MrHulley

My Regimen
Reaction score
im not no, not too keen on taking finasteride... I dont know bit scared to end up with sexual issues.

I don't blame you but that will be a problem for the long term. Has anyone at your consultations talked about this with you?

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well im fucked, attended harley street again however different consultant got told no, the doctor woudnt event see my unless im on finasteride

and the other the harley street hair clinic seemed friendly but also said no, apparently my donor is poor ffs!

went to get hair who said 4200 grafts and they said the number would need to be changed lower, and they said they could do the frontal region and have a nice shiny bald patch on my crown

Forgotmyoldlogin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nick, I don't want to be negative here but if a hair clinic says "you are a great candidate!" basic on some picture and WITHOUT even knowing if you're on finasteride, that's actually a huge red flag. They just want you to pay for the treatment, make their money and don't care what happens to you in the future. Your judgment is being clouded by the fact that you WANT to be a great candidate.

The fact that the harley doctor doesn't even wanna see you unless you're on finasteride is actually a good thing. Sure, he could've looked into your case and told you to get on finasteride first, but the idea is the same.

Now they probably care only about their own reputation and not about your well-being, but ask yourself: why do they not even wanna consider you without finasteride? Because it's going to be a disaster, that's why. What makes you think that all the hair you have left will stay? It won't, you will lose it like the rest until you're slick bald. Anything you get transplanted right now has to be able to be presentable on its own. What will end up happening is you having a patch of transplanted hair in an otherwise bald head.

Like someone suggested earlier, go to some other respected doctors IN PERSON and ASK them straight up to be honest with you. A ticket from London to Brussels is about 100 bucks. If that ain't worth it to you, then something's seriously wrong.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well I visited dr tayfun in person, originally they said 4200 from my donor however now its dropped to 2900 and 1000 from chest & beard?

out of curiosity what kind of result would I expect?

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they mentioned it woudnt be full coverage i.e allowing me to gel my hair in spikes and sh*t, I just want coverage not planning on using any styling products etc

however he said atm currently i probably ahave around 600 hair in the centre section so another 3900 should ideally thicken it up.

main thing I said is filling in the crown area so I can actually have hairs for fibres to stick to. and rest spread out over the scalp, hairline lucklly is okay.

slight filling at the temples but yeah I mean a full scalp transplant like mine at 3900 reckon would be okay?

i asked about shock loss but considering I have little to no hair im assuming it would make no difference,

jumpfrog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beard and chest hair is a last resort when your scalp donor is depleted. Perhaps Tayfun thinks your donor is weak. It is used for density as I understand it. Dr Cole pioneered this technique and has talked about it, so check his youtube vids and other articles he has written. Only the best can do successful body hair. The crown is a black hole and has a huge surface area. 3900 all in is not enough Nick. Without finasteride you may well get some shock loss on the top of the scalp. These hairs are miniaturised and weak so may not survive the insult of surgery. finasteride will strengthen them. You look like an Norwood 6/7. If I was in your position I would either: a) Buzz it and be done with it; or b) Send some pics to Koray and if he agrees I would say screw it and go for 5000+. He is very reasonably priced for the quality of his results.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well Dr Koray has said I have a large receeding area and donor capacity is not enough... For fuckssssssssssss sake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming to the end where I cant even conceal this sh*t anymore f*** my life

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
booked up getting nervous already - will be getting hopefully 3900 hair follicles for christmas! heres hoping

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
booked up getting nervous already - will be getting hopefully 3900 hair follicles for christmas! heres hoping

3900 is f*** all. That will make almost no difference at all for your balding area. Do you mean hair follicles, or do you mean grafts? If you mean hair follicles then cancel asap and find a smarter doctor.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great thanks lol grafts obviously, im not looking for spikes and planning on styling my hair like a pre pubescent teen

ive seen great results like the one posted in the link above with similar grafts and 3900 is not f*** all,