Has Natrual approach without the Big 3 helped you?

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
This is what I said previously: "nor do I think the drugs being "FDA approved" should really impress anybody. There is one internal and one topical that is FDA approved for hairloss. I would be willing to bet if some other ingredient made it first in those categories that they'd be the only ones FDA approved. Nothing is going to go for FDA approval anymore(IMO) unless it blows away the existing treatments." Imagine if procyanidins had been "discovered" first to do what they do.

A big reason for my saying that and another reason why other things aren't going for FDA approval..is the cost. Would it even pay if what is used is known- so anybody can just get their own supply and make it themself? That's a little harder with "drugs" and even things like TB4.

There are plenty of things out there "proven" to halt and even "grow" hair. Procyanidins and Rooibos extract are two that come to mind. I don't need the FDA to tell me that they've been proven..or safe. Some things they have passed turned out not to be safe enough. And/or not to work as claimed.

I don't just rely on one natural thing or even one natural topical..as you can see. Even those using the "proven" aren't exactly all getting their hair back or even halting their hairloss. I'm hitting it with a # of products..a # of different angles.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you on multiple points here. I could/would keep going into this with you but glancing at the thread title just now this is so far off the point that I think it's best for me to just leave it alone for the moment. Just so you know though, I'm not trying to knock all naturals out there! :wink:

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Back In Time said:
Jacob said:
This is what I said previously: "nor do I think the drugs being "FDA approved" should really impress anybody. There is one internal and one topical that is FDA approved for hairloss. I would be willing to bet if some other ingredient made it first in those categories that they'd be the only ones FDA approved. Nothing is going to go for FDA approval anymore(IMO) unless it blows away the existing treatments." Imagine if procyanidins had been "discovered" first to do what they do.

A big reason for my saying that and another reason why other things aren't going for FDA approval..is the cost. Would it even pay if what is used is known- so anybody can just get their own supply and make it themself? That's a little harder with "drugs" and even things like TB4.

There are plenty of things out there "proven" to halt and even "grow" hair. Procyanidins and Rooibos extract are two that come to mind. I don't need the FDA to tell me that they've been proven..or safe. Some things they have passed turned out not to be safe enough. And/or not to work as claimed.

I don't just rely on one natural thing or even one natural topical..as you can see. Even those using the "proven" aren't exactly all getting their hair back or even halting their hairloss. I'm hitting it with a # of products..a # of different angles.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you on multiple points here. I could/would keep going into this with you but glancing at the thread title just now this is so far off the point that I think it's best for me to just leave it alone for the moment. Just so you know though, I'm not trying to knock all naturals out there! :wink:

I agree with him on several points none of which can be disputed.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I am going to say the naturals didnt do anything for me. I tried green tea, borage oil, fish oil, grape seed, saw palmetto. It all amounted to nothing except the saw palmetto did something but I still lost hair. It could have been because I didnt use the right amount, I didnt take them long enough, I got bad batches, or any number of things. Propecia scares me and I still dont want to use it but its only because I have no family history really.

Jm0311

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Propecia scares me and I still dont want to use it but its only because I have no family history really.

Why does it scare you? take a very low dose EOD and you may block some DHT and stuff without the Sides....thats what im gonna try.

well if you are balding...then u have family history now.. :?

G

Fight4Hairs said:
what is EOD??

Every other day.

An all natural approach must include EMU Oil and Apple Poly, and I guess you can construe Copper Peptides as also being el Natural.

Look for an IH Top6 as well, it's 6 supplements you would take but doesn't even include Saw Palmetto or Beta Sitosterol. I did an all-natural plus Nizoral a year ago and it didn't show signs of regrowth for 6 months so I added the Big2 of the Big 3.

If I knew what I did now I would probably have done what I mentioned above for the all-natural, as well as using Revita, but I prefer just using a more aggressive approach as I want regrowth.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I am going to say the naturals didnt do anything for me. I tried green tea, borage oil, fish oil, grape seed, saw palmetto. It all amounted to nothing except the saw palmetto did something but I still lost hair. It could have been because I didnt use the right amount, I didnt take them long enough, I got bad batches, or any number of things. Propecia scares me and I still dont want to use it but its only because I have no family history really.

How long and often did you take them? In particular for saw palmetto, how much did you take?

docj077

Reaction score
I think that the scary thing that most people should think about when it comes to using natural products that are already put into capsules and sold to you is that the whole "natural remedy" industry isn't really supervised or held accountable in any way for what they put in their products. We honestly have no idea if a 300 mg capsule of saw palmetto has 300 mg of saw palmetto in it. They can say whatever they want on the bottle and as long as they don't claim to cure an illness, the FDA will say nothing.

I don't even know if powdered supplements have what they say in them. That's not a supervised industry either.

Maybe somebody else knows more about the checks and balances, but it's really tough to know if you're getting what you're supposed to be getting with herbs and the like. We also don't know what kind of impurities are in natural remedies.

Buy from reputable companies.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

Jacob said:
And the answer is...a plant will never evolve to produce dutasteride in it's leaves.

To the original poster...I'm doing just fine w/out the "Big 3". I'm currently using a # of products from Elsom Research..as well as Inflamil from Lipoxidil. I just ordered Nanogaine from the latter..I'm a huge fan of SOD and just had to try the stuff.

I rotate a # of natural shampoos. Use natural gels etc. Take a bunch of supplements- more for overall health. They could help with the hair situation as well..especially GliSODin imo.

Sorry to drag this up, but did you get anywhere with Nanogine?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
So far I'm going fairly natural - A lot of it is for general health rather than hair (Except Revita obviously and SP)

-Revita
-High quality Multi Vit (Contains biotin and zinc if that's relevant)
-Fish Oil (Also contains Evening Primrose Oil and olive oil for Omega 3,6 and 9s)
-Inositol - Took mainly for skin, but also good for hair. - Think my hair's a bit harder to pull out since starting a week ago.
-Saw Palmetto 2000mg (sh*t dried stuff tho, only actually has 120mg fatty acids)
-Cup of green tea a day :mrgreen:

So far my hair I think it's maintained my hair very well over the last few months. - Tracking a single weak hair just about 1mm of the temporal hairline - It's still there and as thick as it was before.

I'm going to see how it goes for the next few months - If I think I'm dramatically losing ground I may start on a low dose of finasteride. If I do lose ground but very slowly I'll work on acceptance instead.

Other benefits are that my spot/oil prone skin has cleared up a lot. - I'm actually using moisturiser now!

Jacob

Reaction score
Re: Re:

ginger-uk said:
Jacob said:
And the answer is...a plant will never evolve to produce dutasteride in it's leaves.

To the original poster...I'm doing just fine w/out the "Big 3". I'm currently using a # of products from Elsom Research..as well as Inflamil from Lipoxidil. I just ordered Nanogaine from the latter..I'm a huge fan of SOD and just had to try the stuff.

I rotate a # of natural shampoos. Use natural gels etc. Take a bunch of supplements- more for overall health. They could help with the hair situation as well..especially GliSODin imo.

Sorry to drag this up, but did you get anywhere with Nanogine?

Not really. Didn't get anywhere with the company either on the stability issue. After that first box I didn't get any more.