Have you seen those super small cars driving around?

Cassin

Reaction score
ali777 said:
Cassin said:
If you want to conserve gas, plan trips for errands and slow the hell down.

Alternatively, walk or use pedal power :whistle:
:

It would be nice but America is built spread out...you would be amazed how far apart everything is if you ever flew over it. Even the big cities.

Fortunately I will be able to take my bike to work in Dallas in short order.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
CCS,
Your threads are awesome.
You should seriously consider a comedy website. You could make money. I'm not f****ing with you. The way you express yourself is funny as hell. There's a market out there for your brand of humor. I'm not laughing at you at all. You've got your own voice that would work really well in comedy.

I suggested aussieavodart something sorta like that.... but no luck, they wanna keep the funnies private :thumbdown2:

ali777

Reaction score
Cassin said:
ali777 said:
Cassin said:

:

It would be nice but America is built spread out...you would be amazed how far apart everything is if you ever flew over it. Even the big cities.

Well, things aren't so much spread out here but most people don't work close to home and commuting is still a major problem. Companies are usually located either in the city centres or outside the cities. For people that work in city centres, the public transport is the best option. Parking spaces are hard to find and very expensive. Also, it is likely that public transport is as quick as a car or even quicker. I presume this argument is pretty much valid for any major European city. Driving into city centres is just not practical. (you can understand the argument for "smaller is better")

Commuting to companies located outside the cities is completely the opposite, ie driving is the most practical option. Depending on the distance to work, and the type of traffic a bigger car is probably more useful.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most car journeys are under 2 miles.
That smart car is pretty much the same as a moped, its only really marketed for short distance use in the city.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
ali777 said:
Cassin said:

:

Not in the east its not. Thats the biggest difference between the east and west. The cities over here are very small, area wise. Walking, in combo with busses and trains, gets me everywhere I need to go.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Most car journeys are under 2 miles.
That smart car is pretty much the same as a moped, its only really marketed for short distance use in the city.

right, thats what i tried explaining previously....

smarts are ideally meant to be driven around the old-small streets of European cities... kinda like vespas.. ie. Rome, Paris...u know....

they are not meant to be the replacement vehicle of the guy that drives his SUV on his 1hour plus commute from suburbland to the city in any major North american city....

and yes, they are pricy... this things are expensive cute toys for soemone who wants to move around downtown in the city or resort type of town and doesnt give a sh*t about the price tag...

fordmollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small cars are becoming increasingly popular for their efficiency and maneuverability, especially in urban environments. At HZ Car Care, we understand the unique needs of small car owners and offer a range of car care products designed to keep your vehicle in top shape. From premium waxes that enhance your car's shine to eco-friendly cleaning solutions that are gentle on both your car and the environment, we have everything you need to maintain your small car's appearance and performance. Embrace the benefits of small cars while ensuring they look great with HZ Car Care!

Last edited: