Help me decide on full lace vs full poly

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had a lace system before. I was miserable with the cleaning and the hairline lifts. However this was when I only used glue and not tape.

I switched to lace center and poly border - never showing hairline - and this is essentially the best a system can get in my experience.

However the systems are always very dense for some reason. Lace center poly border is always 130% density for who knows why.

For a more realistic density I am trying to decide on a full poly or full lace system.

I hated the maintenance and durability of lace. The hairline as mentioned always lifted. I couldn't get a good bond with the glue.
Cleaning the poly cannot be any easier. It is durable. It never lifts in the hairline like lace did.

However I exercise a lot and it's the summer. I feel like a full poly would be hard to bare with exercising.

So that is the dilemma.

However, I am thinking that maybe going full lace and using tape all around -- including the hairline -- would mitigate the usual issues with lace, of course while hiding the hairline.

So this is my question - how much would tape deal with all the usual negatives and cons of wearing lace? Would taping everything take care of the lifts, and make cleaning easier? Or should I just grit my teeth with a poly system?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm all poly - UTS 0.03mm - and would never change. I would not be able to deal with the high maintenance of lace.

UTS is just so comfortable and so easy to deal with. Yes there are some issues, mainly that it can be difficult in very hot weather (like on holiday at 35 degrees), or shine on the hairline at times so it's not ideal to expose at the front always. But these are relatively minor issues. If you look at some of my old posts you can see the results I've achieved with UTS systems.

Density: so I'm at a lower density, we call it 65% but all suppliers use different numbers so it's meaningless to compare I guess.

I actually want to try a lace/poly border, where I would glue just the poly and not the lace. It seems odd that you can't get a lower density. Maybe try a different supplier?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not go for a hybrid, i.e. poly on most of the base, lace for the hairline? I've found this gives the most natural look for me expecially with an exposed or partially exposed hairline.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why not go for a hybrid, i.e. poly on most of the base, lace for the hairline? I've found this gives the most natural look for me expecially with an exposed or partially exposed hairline.
I'd need to go custom for that, my dimensions are 6 x 9.5 -- I just don't think I'm experienced enough to go custom yet