HGH (Injectible growth hormone). Thoughts?

td241

Reaction score
OK, so I have been really interested in HGH recently. It's an injectible amino acid (it is not a steroid) that various athletes, celebrities, etc. use for performance enhancement and anti-aging. A NEJM article cites its anti-aging properties and it made quite a spectacle in 1990 when it was released. The article seems to say, but not explicitly and with a dose of skepticism, that GH is a veritable fountain of youth.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199007053230109

From my research, growth hormone (GH) begins to decline at about 25-35 years old, depending on the study (and probably depending on the person. I kept on digging around, and Wikipedia has some interesting information on the symptoms of GH deficiency in adults:

Recognised effects include:
Increased 5-alpha-reductase
Reduced sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG)
Reduced muscle mass and strength
Baldness in men
Reduced bone mass and osteoporosis
Reduced quality of life, particularly energy levels
Impaired concentration and loss of memory
Increased body fat, particularly around the waistline
Lipid abnormalities, particularly raised LDL cholesterol
Insulin resistance
Increased levels of fibrinogen and plasminogen activator inhibitor
Cardiac dysfunction, including a thickened intima media
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_deficiency#In_adulthood

Has someone pointed out this ostensible connection before? The time our bodies begin to produce less GH is about the time men frequently begin the stages of male pattern baldness, and a GH deficient adult apparently produces more 5AR.

Furthermore, some users on forums (I know, I know, anecdotal evidence, grain of salt, etc.) shows people reporting hair regrowth after using GH supplementation:

Users in this bodybuilding forum thread have good things to say http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/hair-growth-test-hgh-wtf-445025.html

Whereas in this thread of the same forum, not so much (it's kind of funny): http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabo ... 10419.html

Doing a Google Discussions search yields a lot of results... Much contradictory, much from meatheads who also "run" (that's the term) various testosterone injections. While they do occasionally mention hair, it's not their main focus, so take that into account when reading the forums. It's a very interesting subculture, and probably related to ours here... It's people talking about how to overcome nature to look their best.

Check it out! Anyone with experience or intimiate knowledge, please contribute! I ordered some HGH for injection (before found out about the deficiency being a cause for baldness. Remember, any supplement/cream/pill is a scam, HGH works by injection only) and will keep everyone posted. Even if you're not interested in acquiring some, the controversy on the internets is wildly entertaining.

Before your berate me, please remember that this is the Experimental Treatments forum.

MadMartigan

Reaction score
You should check out GH-releasing peptides, GHRP-6 combined with CJC-1295.

GHRP-2 if you can afford. Still, they are much cheaper than exogen GH.

I think that GH can have some benefits, but it can speed the growth of a tumour too.

td241

Reaction score
I have been researching this ad nauseam and there are just as many studies citing injectible HGH as having anti-cancerous properties as there are that cite it having cancer-accelerating properties.

I'm just surprised that no one has really made any threads about it... After all, the wikipedia article states that GH deficiency (our levels of GH decline rapidly after puberty, and continue to do so until we die) causes an increase of 5AR and states a deficiency side-effect as "baldness in men".

Hopefully those with experience will chime in!

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is one in the area of "I'd be willing to give it a go if I could get hold of it!". Guessing it is pretty damn illegal. Sadface.

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
nah, it's not that hard to get...but it's quite expensive! Havent heard many success stories regarding hair growth though...

td241

Reaction score
@monty: that's cool! more good news. I need to hear that these days. what was his reason for getting started on it?

@hairhopper: i'm not sure if it is illegal or not... but plenty of people get it. At sites like eroids.com, people discuss procuring it, and "source" reviews, etc. They also seem to have the only dedicated hgh forum I could find on the internet, but that forum is new. It's a pretty good information source, although people there are using it for a different purpose.

@zayin: with the amount i intend to use, it looks like it's going to run me about $125 a month. However, HGH isn't just for hair loss as you probably know. Research indicates it improves almost all aspects of the body—hair, skin, nails, muscle tone, fat stores, erections, mood, sleep, and overall quality of life—dramatically. I'm willing to forego a few other things to experiment with it a bit. It's a long-term commitment, though.

Mine allegedly shipped the 2nd of November and was supposed to arrive the 12th, but so far, nothing. Apparently shipments do get seized from time to time. Lord knows i've ordered plenty of other prescription medications from the internet without issue before... not sure what's going on.

Reaction score
td241 said:
I have been researching this ad nauseam and there are just as many studies citing injectible HGH as having anti-cancerous properties as there are that cite it having cancer-accelerating properties.

I'm just surprised that no one has really made any threads about it... After all, the wikipedia article states that GH deficiency (our levels of GH decline rapidly after puberty, and continue to do so until we die) causes an increase of 5AR and states a deficiency side-effect as "baldness in men".

Hopefully those with experience will chime in!

Lyle Alzado thought the same thing.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
td241 said:
OK, so I have been really interested in HGH recently. It's an injectible amino acid it is not a steroid.
Isnt human growht hormone a hormone produced within the body and illegal to inject in most countries?
It has some great benefits though

td241

Reaction score
rick31 said:
td241 said:
OK, so I have been really interested in HGH recently. It's an injectible amino acid it is not a steroid.
Isnt human growht hormone a hormone produced within the body and illegal to inject in most countries?

It is produced by the pituitary gland. Injecting it isn't illegal--there are "anti aging" clinics all over the country that basically exist to prescribe it. It is not allowed in competitive sports, however. Procuring it is questionable--but no more or less than getting other drugs, like finasteride and dutasteride from overseas pharmacies. It is also used to treat children that are not growing adequately. The link I posted about about HGH is very informative; check it out.

td241

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I have a friend who uses hgh and seems to think it is helping with his hair loss!

Also, Monty, keep us updated with your friend's progress if you can! :)

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
td241 said:
rick31 said:
td241 said:

It is produced by the pituitary gland. Injecting it isn't illegal--there are "anti aging" clinics all over the country that basically exist to prescribe it. It is not allowed in competitive sports, however. Procuring it is questionable--but no more or less than getting other drugs, like finasteride and dutasteride from overseas pharmacies. It is also used to treat children that are not growing adequately. The link I posted about about HGH is very informative; check it out.
Correct me if Im wrong (wich I propably am :) ) but isnt it illegal without a prescription, I know it is in many european countries.
For example testosterone is legal when prescribed by a doctor when you have deficiency or some other hormonal imbalance but most times illegal when bought on the black market.

Also when injected, is there any chance of shutting down the bodys natural production of hgh, I think this is the reason why bodybuilders cycle hgh and test products.

td241

Reaction score

Lyle Alzado took a ton of anabolic steroids (which hgh is not) and his growth hormone was harvested from human cadabbers (which hgh is no longer). The latter opens the possibility of acquiring multiple diseases. But not any longer.

He also had a ton of hair.

As for the other question, no, taking hgh will not alter the body's own production. The feedback loop just isn't there. Some play it safe, doing 5 days on, 2 days off. All the info is in the link I posted on page 1.

Reaction score
td241 said:

Lyle Alzado took a ton of anabolic steroids (which hgh is not) and his growth hormone was harvested from human cadabbers (which hgh is no longer). The latter opens the possibility of acquiring multiple diseases. But not any longer.

He also had a ton of hair.

As for the other question, no, taking hgh will not alter the body's own production. The feedback loop just isn't there. Some play it safe, doing 5 days on, 2 days off. All the info is in the link I posted on page 1.

Do you have a link to the source of Alzado's HGH? I just know that his doctors pointed to his HGH intake as a probable source of his cancer. He also had thinning hair even before he became sick with cancer.

Use injectable HGH carefully and only under a doctors supervision.

Reaction score
Re: equitable while submitted ought be raised

kaiwanxiao said:
this,doudoune *************, Yili,coach outlet, Xinjiang People's Government Office for Rectifying the responsible person on the phone March 18, told reporters: the style of creating censors begin work early warning mechanism.

and their personnel are listening to the radio broadcast of the Xinjiang People's Broadcasting Station MORALS new broad hotline procedure. program, radio correspondents approximately the situation of the house melody full house,louboutin, and approximately his extra than a year, 4 complaints to no avail the process.
anthem always the people said: The walls namely diagonal, are filled wall. Song all the people namely housing quality problems, equitable when submitted should be raised, half regarded the house decoration, heaved so many answers, he is definitely a trouble-making. good source of Real Estate Development Co., Ltd. amplified the 95 square meters of housing. buy a house,abercrombie and fitch paris, he lent 30,000 yuan was put together relatives 110,000 down payout.
eastern Heart Network (Reporter Jing-Jing Wang) He was now suspended by authorities.

A staff member's call, mentioning to his house to behaviour site surveys, people cover the same place of ??the housing, the results because this, I am very satisfied.
After this check,abercrombie, the June 2009, National song began fitting current family, upkeep employees in the floor tile found that housing is not a rule of square floor, feud among the wall nearly 6 cm. has not been resolved. December 28 that annual, wrote a popular song written substances, has reflected in Yili, Yining City divisions.

alternatively a voyage to Quality Supervision Station, engaged time, monthly I work to a trip, but the problem did not resolved. , , work attitude very correct,*************, causing a crowd of the spectators the same indignation and condemnation. This is the sustenance of the people, the real interests of the masses, anybody public official can not neglect, so to hear the announce, we immediately let the matter Yining City, for investigation. National housing problems investigated; Yining City,abercrombie, the main party governors the Bureau of the municipal administration to make a mysterious Yining written checkup,louboutin pas cher, and to Propecia opener situations ashore key urban construction system,*************, the neatness of existing problems and engineering issues for rectification,coach handbags, and the rectification to the community and to demonstrate a solemn commitment to the masses.
Related articles?

Seller Financing - Six Safety Tips

secured loans as homeowner

????????

usually annoying mosquito ,
vanishing trace of it at the end .
standing in the rain walking,
is definitely a long absence, more immortal state of mind .
usual flicker and the flicker of the man child,
who have no time to enjoy about this quiet .
from time to time visited the Raytheon ah,
you should consider when people awake .

What does this have to do with this thread?

td241

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the source of Alzado's HGH? I just know that his doctors pointed to his HGH intake as a probable source of his cancer. He also had thinning hair even before he became sick with cancer.

It says so on his Wikipedia page. Also, this is the experimental treatments page. This thread is for grown adults who are interested in hgh, using hgh, or may personally know someone who is.

Reaction score
td241 said:

It says so on his Wikipedia page. Also, this is the experimental treatments page. This thread is for grown adults who are interested in hgh, using hgh, or may personally know someone who is.

Yeah it is the experimental section. But if you are injecting yourself with HGH from the black market as opposed to having using it under a doctors supervision and with continued monitoring while you are using it is being foolish. And that's putting it kindly. Also, if you are under the age of 40 it's pretty unlikely you need additional HGH. Again you would need blood work to determine this.

jasonlv

Reaction score
MarkMayISAWESOME said:
td241 said:

Yeah it is the experimental section. But if you are injecting yourself with HGH from the black market as opposed to having using it under a doctors supervision and with continued monitoring while you are using it is being foolish. And that's putting it kindly. Also, if you are under the age of 40 it's pretty unlikely you need additional HGH. Again you would need blood work to determine this.

I personally feel that HGH is far less risky than drugs like finasteride or dutasteride. HGH is a bioidentical hormone.

As far as I know, HGH isn't a federally controlled substance either. It is restricted (RX only). Unless you're ordering enough to "distribute" (i.e., conspiracy to distribute), legally, you should be fine. At the worst, it would just be confiscated by customs.