HITG's Story - (6 month update NEW PICS****)

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, well over the last 2 years I've noticed my hairline receding. What can I do to stop this? And to possibly grow back my hair, and make it like it was at 16 again. Also how long till you think I'm going to be really bald. Heres some pictures....

And bear in mind my forehead has always been its massive size :thumbdown2:

Thanks for your responses

Attachments

• 1 (Small).JPG
    1 (Small).JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 4 (Small).JPG
    4 (Small).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 5 (Small).JPG
    5 (Small).JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 327

chargedup

Reaction score
Re: balding at 19

Propecia, Proscar, whichever. Minoxidil too... and don't stop with it. If we had it around at your age and at such an early stage, most of us would have more hair today and not spending big bucks on transplants.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: balding at 19

Don't go on minoxidil yet.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Re: Heyitsthatguy's Story - ( balding at 19)

You've got a nice head of hair there mate, just like mine at 18, ages ago now. Propecia/proscar, same med different name. cheaper to buy proscar and split it in to 6 or 8 pieces. The earlier you start the better it works. You may get some shedding, but it shouldn't be too noticeable on you.

Best thing you can do is read this website, understand your new enemy and it will be easier to hold it off.

Welcome to HairLossTalk.com, use the search feature before asking obvious questions

Quantum Cat

Reaction score

I wouldn't go on minoxidil with a head of hair like that.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

Alright. Thanks for the repsonses guys, should I see a doctor or a derm to get the prescription?

chargedup

Reaction score

yeah, I'm new to this, although I'm twice your age, so listen to the majority. No minoxidil and get on Propecia or Proscar.

I think your family Doctor can probably even help you out on this one.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

edit: because I was obviously going crazy that week

Obsidian

Reaction score

It still doesn't look that bad. To the average guy your hair still looks thick.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Don't fret. You should compare it to the density of your hair on the sides, see if the density is different.

drh

Reaction score

I was 18 when i started losing my hair. It was mostly at the hairline, but also on top and the crown although the loss there was less aggresive. I started using minoxidil, but only on my hairline, I really didn't want to mess with putting the stuff anywhere else, because it still looked fine. Now I'm 22 and its not looking as good, I finally began using minoxidil everywhere else and the loss has basically stopped. I'm not saying use minoxidil now, just keep it in mind. I wish I had

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Looks great man. I wouldn't worry about anything for now.

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score

Take a picture of your hair now, enjoy life, take another picture after 6 months and compare. If you notice your hair is indeed thinning or receding, start finasteride.

Right now, your hair looks good. :) There's nothing to worry about there.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

Alright i've had enough of this, im gunna go get a prescription for finasteride. Probably buy the proscar one. Hopefully the Doctor has no problem prescribing it for me.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

you have the potential to get great results since you are in the earliest stages of male pattern baldness and young

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeh i think finasteride is the best for you right now, you've still got a great head of hair. You dont need regrowth, so minoxidil mights just be a waste of money.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I'm not convinced at all that you are balding man.

Here's a quick test - spike up your hair and comb down just the hair on your temples - the hair just above your (tiny) recession. Take a good look at it. Then grab a lock of hair from the side of your head, right next to it, and compare the two. Does the hair from the front look weaker, lighter, and thinner? If not, you are almost certainly not balding and there is no miniaturization going on.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score

Your hair looks pretty good to me.

jimjams

Reaction score

Personally, I think long hair is helping cover up any loss which has happened. Mine is very similar when longer but with a short hair cut I can see the beast we call hairloss.

I can see you are losing hair on your front, middle hairline. As all the others have been saying, get on the finasteride and I suggest taking some supplements, greent tea etc.

Don't worry though dude, you can barely notice the loss but now you have identified it you can do something about it. We will beat this b**ch, so the key now is to relax and not stress about it, the more you stress the more you will speed it up.;

Good luck mate and keep us all updated with progress. I am currently monitoring mine on this forum to try help everyone out just in the way so many have helped me on here.