HITG's Story - (6 month update NEW PICS****)

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Heyitsthatguy's Story - ( balding at 19)

Thickandthin said:
I'm not convinced at all that you are balding man.

Here's a quick test - spike up your hair and comb down just the hair on your temples - the hair just above your (tiny) recession. Take a good look at it. Then grab a lock of hair from the side of your head, right next to it, and compare the two. Does the hair from the front look weaker, lighter, and thinner? If not, you are almost certainly not balding and there is no miniaturization going on.

Ok havn't read this thread in a while, I did what you said and it doesn't look any weaker or lighter to the naked eye, but there are some shorter hairs at the hairline compaired to the majority (most are about 1cm long).

Im still keeping an eye on my hairline and will post pictures 6 months after I put the first ones up. And if it is as feared will go see a derm/doctor about getting on finasteride. I am fairly sure its only my hairline at the moment which I guess im greatful for. But I know its only a matter of time really isnt it...

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

jimjams said:
Personally, I think long hair is helping cover up any loss which has happened. Mine is very similar when longer but with a short hair cut I can see the beast we call hairloss.

I can see you are losing hair on your front, middle hairline. As all the others have been saying, get on the finasteride and I suggest taking some supplements, greent tea etc.

Don't worry though dude, you can barely notice the loss but now you have identified it you can do something about it. We will beat this b**ch, so the key now is to relax and not stress about it, the more you stress the more you will speed it up.;

Good luck mate and keep us all updated with progress. I am currently monitoring mine on this forum to try help everyone out just in the way so many have helped me on here.
I go with short hair, I think my hairloss is still not enough that it is obvious when short, even though i've been losing a few years now, its going slow (which im thankful for) heres a pic of how I style it atm to hide my hairloss:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,679

RaginDemon

Reaction score

hair is good, no need for treatment.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Heyitsthatguy's Story - Update pics page 3

Well its been 6 months and i've pretty much just been keeping a close eye on how the hairs been going...

Here are a few pics of the hairline which is the area of interest as i've had no general thinning. Pics are in a different room but are still under a flash.

What do you guys think? Should I go to the derm or just ride it out? Family history is dad NW3 mid 50s. Moms side of the family perfect no hairloss until old age. Uncles all NW1.5s atm.

Btw I'll add more pics in a few days of hair pulled back

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,495

jimjams

Reaction score
Re: HITGstorey - (6 month update NEW PICS****)

heyitsthatguy said:

How you getting on mate?

It is hard to tell from your pictures so if possible put some up that are closer.

From what I can see, your front hairline definatley looks like it is starting to recede, not at the temples but the middle hairline which is a sure sign of male pattern baldness. Does your hair look weaker in other areas?

I have similar length hair to yours, take a look at my story. But when I pull my hair back I am clearly receding from the front and thinning across the top. What I find strange, is I have lots and lots of shorter hairs at the front, I am not sure if thats left over hair from the loss, or new hair growing, i think its just left over hair. I am hoping to full regrow inthe areas that I have lost.

Like you, people call me crazy when I say I am losing my hair, but I know my hair and I can see it.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score

Your hair looks great - I can't see any hairloss

ThinFineCurly

Reaction score

I'd get on Rogaine Foam or some generic minoxidil. Looks like you are in the early stages of hair loss. If it gets worse and/or your vertex starts thinning, get on Propecia. It's good to start treatment early, but I would just try minoxidil before messing with your hormones via Propecia. Rogaine Foam supposedly regrows hair in 85% of men and prevents hair loss in almost everyone, so I don't think Propecia is warranted until your vertex thins or minoxidil doesn't work.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
wow 15 months have really flown by.... just remembered about this thread so i thought i'd post an update.

Every few months ill go through a freakout where im sure im losing my hair but then it passes. It was the start of 07 i first thought i was losing it now 3 years later its still not bad. whether its a combination of a mature hairline and my natural high forehead or it is male pattern baldness i dunno.

i have no history of premature hairloss (ie before late 20s) in my family so i dunno, its still thick and these pics show them wet under flash

i made it a big picture so you could see the hairline close up. even if it is male pattern baldness its obviously not aggressive so i dunno whether id jump on finasteride at this point in time.

thanks for any replies guys

Attachments

• DSC02258.JPG
    DSC02258.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 202

grumps

Reaction score
I see no reason for treatment at the moment, you have strong + healthy looking hair.