Home-made Revivogen

CCS

Reaction score
Jacob said:
I didn't realize Revivogen was so expensive and hard to get :?

Yeah, I guess $30 per month is not too bad, if you don't want to use other stuff too. I want to put the fatty acids all over my face too.

CCS

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Why not have Elsom whip something up? Nanosomal EGCG..etc etc.

sounds good

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Jacob said:
I didn't realize Revivogen was so expensive and hard to get :?

Yeah, I guess $30 per month is not too bad, if you don't want to use other stuff too. I want to put the fatty acids all over my face too.
They smell like cryans. Don't HAHA

CCS

Reaction score
anyway, I read online that fatty acids are very difficult to free, even with modern technology. 250 degrees celcius is needed with the right pressure for several hours. Sopanification takes days and lots of Lye and Myriatic acid. Both are expensive. Well, the first one is not as expensive, but takes equipment.

Anyway, there is a very easy way to make them, which was invented recently. Very counter intuitive, but very effective. I'm still trying to find the best source of materials, though, because some of them are toxic in the wrong form.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
anyway, I read online that fatty acids are very difficult to free, even with modern technology. 250 degrees celcius is needed with the right pressure for several hours. Sopanification takes days and lots of Lye and Myriatic acid. Both are expensive. Well, the first one is not as expensive, but takes equipment.

That's exactly what was told to me years ago by a woman who works as an engineer in a chemical factory in some country like Finland. She emailed me after seeing me post about the difficulties of producing free fatty acids on alt.baldspot, and told me that the way they do it is to heat natural oils in a reactor vessel under pressure.

CCS

Reaction score

michael barry

Reaction score
Guys Ive found that topical green tea extract has reduced beard hair impressively and a bit of peppermint oil in purified water has also impressively reduced beard hair.

Other things that seem to anti-androgeniclaly reduce body hair have been revivogen and pine oil (18 percent beta sitosterol).

I was really impressed with greent tea extract mixed with alcohol and purified water------its cheap and slowed the hell out of the left half of my neck vs. the right beard growth. Little redness though. I think it works.

CCS

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Guys Ive found that topical green tea extract has reduced beard hair impressively and a bit of peppermint oil in purified water has also impressively reduced beard hair.

Other things that seem to anti-androgeniclaly reduce body hair have been revivogen and pine oil (18 percent beta sitosterol).

I was really impressed with greent tea extract mixed with alcohol and purified water------its cheap and slowed the hell out of the left half of my neck vs. the right beard growth. Little redness though. I think it works.

Good work MB. I'll be sending you free fatty acids if I can get this to work. Just need the CaO and MgO.

vq0

Established Member
Reaction score
what green tea extract should i use. I plan on using emu oil as a carrier instead of alcohol.

CCS

Reaction score
higher EGCG content is nice, but you still want a variety of chemicals in there. I'd only use high purity EGCG in a topical, and the cheap stuff for a shampoo, though the middle stuff can be used for either.

CCS

Reaction score
it is water soluble, and vinegar is 95% water. I don't know if it is stable at the pH of vinegar though.

I'd have to look at the structure though. If egcg is an acid, another acid would make it less soluble. I don't think it is though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGCG

It has a lot of OH groups. I bet it is a weak acid. It is soluble in water when a proton comes off, making it charged. Otherwise the benzene groups are not soluble. I bet the vinegar would protonate it a bit, making it less soluble than in pure water. though I'd have to compare the pKa of EGCG to that of vinegar to know for sure which is stronger. i suspect the vinegar is a stronger acid though.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an all natural tea tree oil shampoo and I also have some green tea caps.

I am getting that i cannot just add the green tea to the shampoo because it will not disolve. Can water work to help dissolve the green tea? I would like to avoid putting alcohol or PG to my shampoo.

CCS

Reaction score
I just dissolved 1g (1/2 tea spoon level) in 8oz. It clumps, so you need to break it up and stir it a lot.

That is 0.4%. A dark looking solution too.

From the taste of that I don't think you need to go much stronger. I think with some PG I can do 600mg of GTE and 600mg of Apple poly.

Actually, I think more can be dissolved, it is just time consuming to break it up, and it gets too dark to see. And shampoos are even thicker, but 70% water.

CCS

Reaction score
blueshard said:
I have an all natural tea tree oil shampoo and I also have some green tea caps.

I am getting that i cannot just add the green tea to the shampoo because it will not disolve. Can water work to help dissolve the green tea? I would like to avoid putting alcohol or PG to my shampoo.

you open the capsules first, right?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Try warming your solution a little and see if the green tea extract will dissolve better.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
So we can basically add some green tea to the shampoo and there will be some absorption without the need for PG or alcohol or anything? But adding PG would allow us to get even more of the green tea to dissolve?

CCS

Reaction score
who knows. i'm addig a little pg.