Hoping for good results - Record of my treatment

dsk83

Reaction score
You use another shampoo daily? how often you wash your hair a week? really surprising congratulations!!

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
Here's my long over due update.

October 12, 2014

I went on a trip and there was about 1 or 2 days when I only applied minoxil once.
I am currently only using Nizoral maybe 2-3 times per month.

P1050146.jpgP1050151.jpgP1050149.jpgP1050152.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

November 12, 2014

I went on another trip and there was 1 whole day when I did not apply minoxidil at all.
No, I did not go bald over night and I have always wondered how long I could go without applying minoxidil without adverse effects.
There were about 2 days when I only applied minoxidil once. However, I would have to be crazy to make that a habit. I have a feeling that skipping 1 or 2 days a month just to give my scalp a break would be beneficial(kind of like working out?)(or maybe stopping for one day and then suddenly applying minoxdil again shocks the system and encourages more growth?). This is just an idea, of course.

I am still growing my hair. I go to the hair salon to get the sides trimmed down to keep it looking clean.

Observations

If you read my earlier post, I had expected to be a full N-0 by the end of the summer. I am growing my hair and I have noticed that the 'minoxidil hairs" are growing at a slower pace. My advice for you all is to be patience. I realize now that reaping the full benefits of minoxidil/finasteride requires a lot of time.
I don't think about my hair as much, hence why I haven't updated in so long.

Side effects(in regards to loss in libido)
As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, I have been taking Zinc supplements daily. Nowadays, my erections are better than ever. I can go at it multiple times and still get hard with no problems. A couple of weeks ago, I drank whisky and would normally fall victim to whisky d*ck but I had no problems at all. I have been making other changes in my life as well(working out more and eating more nutrient rich foods such as black beans, kale, and fruit shakes).
Without a doubt, my erections are a lot better than when I was in university(before I started taking finasteride).

P1050234.jpgP1050236.jpgP1050237.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You use another shampoo daily? how often you wash your hair a week? really surprising congratulations!!

I wash my hair 2 times a week.
I don't use shampoo anymore, only conditioner. Once a week, I put apple cide vinegar on my head and then wash it off in the shower.
My hair is growing too long and in order to style it in the morning I wet it with water. I'm not sure if that counts as washing my hair as I am not really washing my scalp.

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
Here's another update for you guys. One is for December and the other for this month.

December 17, 2014

The three pictures below were taken in the same spot as always with flash on, after I took a shower.

P1050317.jpgP1050320.jpgP1050322.jpg

The two pictures below were taken at a different spot, the next day when my hair was dry.

P1050331.jpgP1050332.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

January 13, 2015

I decided to take a new picture of my crown, which I haven't done in a while.

Biotin - I stopped taking it two months ago or longer. I took it for about 3 months but I didn't really see any difference in hair growth or hair quality. Maybe I have to keep using it for one year?

Minoxidil - For the past 2 months, I intentionally skipped a few applications. There were probably 3-5 days in total in the past 2 months when I only applied minoxidil once in day. There were 2 days where I did not apply minoxidil at all.

Finasteride - There were also about 3-5 days in total where I skipped taking the drug. I never skipped both minoxidil and finasteride on the same day. I think that would shock my system too much lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Nizoral - I ran out about 2 months ago, I don't even remember the last time I used it.

Two weeks ago, I stopped putting coconut oil on my hair and instead starting massaging my scalp with it 5-7 days a week, 5 minutes per session.
I have also been brushing my hair everyday. Before, I would only brush my hair 0-2 days per week.

Attachments

• P1050375.jpg
    P1050375.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 293
  • P1050376.jpg
    P1050376.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 282
  • P1050378.jpg
    P1050378.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man you got really good gains hope I get something like yours man. Congrats on getting your hair back!

coolcruz

Reaction score
Gr8 bt does the minoxidil causes itching and dry scalp? for me if i dont wash the hair next day after application of minoxidil,it makes my scalp itchy and flaky.

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
Gr8 bt does the minoxidil causes itching and dry scalp? for me if i dont wash the hair next day after application of minoxidil,it makes my scalp itchy and flaky.

My head was itchy for maybe the first 1 or 2 months, but it was only once in a while. I honestly can't remember the last time my head was itchy from minoxidil. Maybe you are not used to it yet. I take a shower every 2-3 days only.

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
1 year and 2 months

I haven't updated in a while. I lost the battery for my camera, so I don't have any pictures for the past few months.

For 2 months, I starting applying minoxidil one time per day. There were probably 5-7 days when I didn't apply minoxidil or take finasteride at all.
For the past month, however, I have started to occasionally apply minoxidil two times a day. On average, I am applying it two times a day 3-4 days a week.
I am not massaging my scalp as much as I used to(1-2 days a week), but I know that I should be doing it everyday.

I am extremely happy with my results. The left temple is still catching up. Pictures were taken on May 11, 2015, with dry hair and with flash.

P1050427.jpgP1050429.jpgP1050433.jpgP1050440.jpg

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazon results,congrats!
May i ask you how did you apply coconut oil? I have dermatitis and i tried it but hair looks so greasy with it! I assume you used only a tiny bit each application? Thanks!

hellnah

Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. I gotta say. You're giving me hope. Keep it up! Do you use Rogaine foam or liquid form? Right now i'm switching between Foam for during the day and liquid at nights. I feel like the liquid really penetrates the scalp. First time I used the liquid all over my head, I lost over 100 hairs on my pillow when I woke up and another 100-150+ in the shower. It was scary. Did you experience something similar?

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
Oriol- I put the coconut oil in the microwave and I would massage it on my scalp. I would use about one teaspoon.

Hellnah- I use liquid minoxidil from Kirkland. I had a similar experience in the beginning. I think it was about a week into using minoxidil, when I took a shower and had a bunch of hairs coming off my head which never happened to me ever.

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
1 year 3 months

I took the pictures below on June 13.
Two weeks ago, I started taking Biotin again. I stopped taking it after 2 months before because I didn't see any difference with my hair growth. But, this time I want to keep taking it long term to see if any of it's benefits kick in. I figured that just like everything else in life, biotin takes time to work(if it even does works) and maybe it was making some sort of contribution to my hair growth before and I just didn't know it(or see it visually).

P1050461.jpgP1050462.jpgP1050464.jpg

I am seeing noticeable growth in my left temple. It definitely has to do with me applying minoxil 2 times daily like I used to.

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic results man. Basically went from a strong NW2 to NW1.5-NW1. Very inspiring. I can only hope I respond as well to minoxidil but i'm not quite ready to hop on it considering it seems minoxidil response is very hit or miss. Last thing I want is to go through a massive shed and get no regrowth lol. I'm riding out finasteride for at least 3 months before I hop on minoxidil.