Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to making regimens!

Hoppi

Reaction score
I've been looking in the mirror. And I've been getting scared. My hair is thinning still, my hairline is ... a question mark (not literally :shock:), but nonetheless I've been very concerned!

Now, I believe the cause of my loss is principally my thyroid. But how do I actually KNOW this? Answer... I don't. Not really. Not unless I climb in there and try to work it out! lol

So! I thought when designing a regimen, why not kind of design it in different levels? I mean, I know I'm a noob so maybe this is just some wacky phase lol, but I mean why not form a good, kind of "outer", "treating the symptoms" regimen, and then more levels working down to what you believe the problem to actually be?

For example, I am considering this (excuse my melodramatic level names! lol :) ):

Frontline regimen:

Curcumin, resveratrol, beta-sitosterol, lignans, CoA or other sebum reducer, good diet, maybe Nizoral.

(This tackles closer to the SYMPTOMS. It is designed to lower 5ar, lower inflammation, lower estrogen, lift testosterone a bit, optimize SHBG, lower sebum, etc etc. Another example of this level would be the "big 3" that many people talk about - finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil).

Backup regimen:

For me, this is to tackle stress, and things like that, it just helps the frontline regimen to succeed better, basically, and tackles things probably one step closer to the actual problem.

Magnesium, Vitamin C, Omega 3, particularly good diet, vitamin D.

Cure/solution regimen:

This is to tackle what you believe the actual core of the problem is. You can experiment, and when you feel confident that the triggers for your hair loss are solved, you can try removing the backup and frontline regimens, to see if it's worked! I am focusing on my thyroid most likely, so my solution regimen will be:

Sensoril, Iodine, Selenium.

Geddit? ^_^

Sorry, I know I'm overthinking this, hehe - I'm good at that! It's just you get so many people so scared and wanting to kill their shedding like NOW, or regrow NOW. And it seems silly to put all your eggs in one basket saying "ok I THIIIINK the cause is this..." and then of course you need to wait 3 months to find out, and in that time it could have been proven wrong, and more hair could have been lost ._.

So yeah! I hope this makes sense, and it's something I think I will definitely be doing :)

Thanks for reading!

Hoppi! ^_^

EDIT -- of course, if you don't believe people's hair loss has an underlying trigger then maybe this isn't for you, but I have seen numerous examples recently of SINGLE changes reversing male pattern hair loss. So yah, it's not all rubbish hehe!

Anywho, bye for now! :)

EDIT -- I was even thinking, ok so some people's hair loss triggers are obvious, like Brains and gluten or the others I've been hearing about recently that fixed their hair loss, but what if a whole ton of others are less obvious? Like apparently guys with hair loss often have less nitric oxide, among a bunch of other things. What if there are a whole range of more subtle triggers?

I still have no proof of a trigger which doesn't affect DHT levels or inflammation... such as a mere deficiency... let's see if I can find that! :)

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
You regime is very bad, you can save money and get a MUCH better treatment

Proscar 5mg, cut into 4 pieces, (1,25mg)

Keto 2% EOD

You have to use some Anti-DHT topic:
spironolactone Topic or S5 Cream
Flutamide
RU58841

This is the ideal treatment for you, post pictures of your hair to see what degree you are Norwood

xyztrace

Reaction score
Hey Hoppi you said that your hair was still receding when you check in the mirror after all of your trial with your new information on the subject. You said that you were convinced that there is a problem with your thyroid. Did you test your thyroid.
And how did you do it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
dpdr said:
You regime is very bad, you can save money and get a MUCH better treatment

Proscar 5mg, cut into 4 pieces, (1,25mg)

Keto 2% EOD

You have to use some Anti-DHT topic:
spironolactone Topic or S5 Cream
Flutamide
RU58841

This is the ideal treatment for you, post pictures of your hair to see what degree you are Norwood

Are you like... intentionally trying to misunderstand me? o_O

You act like I don't know what this stuff is...

That wasn't even the point of my thread.

Additionally I was trying to put together an internal regimen that didn't lower my DHT too far, not a time consuming external regimen that keeps me in front of the mirror piling chemicals onto my hair for hours every day! lol

oh and xyz my hairline doesn't seem to be receding (it had barely receded anyway, it's not far from a standard hairline), but I do still seem to be shedding, so I am learning how to control this :)

I mean who knows, I may have stumbled upon the fix already, but I'm just learning and learning, to try to work out how to fix it! With my thyroid, I did the Barnes test, and of course considered the fact I have had some hypothyroid symptoms.

Basically SOMETHING weird has been happening to my body over the last year, and I need to work out what it is. It encompasses more than my hair o_O

EDIT -- Additionally I am feeling SO confident right now you have no idea lol Not just in saving my hair but in like... working absolute wonders for my whole healthy and body O.O It's pretty crazy hehe! And I'm learning more every day! ^_^ yay!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hoppi my man your regimen is cool as its purely natural....No offense but the thread title sounds like a cheesy television commercial from the 80s :woot:
I hope your shedding has stopped now.Did you develop your hairline recession recently?

Jacob

Reaction score
not a time consuming external regimen that keeps me in front of the mirror piling chemicals onto my hair for hours every day!

That sounds like something someone who's never used topicals would say...and hasn't even looked into them. 1) It takes a few minutes..max 2) Plenty of natural products out there..w/out "chemicals".

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok, use "your treatment" and wait 6 months, to and return to the forum and tell us how it was, or better, show us a full head :whistle:

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
and do you have started your custom regime ?
its not the first post i read about : best regime

but if it fails , then your on meds like us :hump:
many have tryed natural/herbal stuff and are on fina now

the proof that your custom regime work , that proof you have to show us yourself

curcumin is a good way to go , if you use a good dose....
but asc-j9 would be a far better solution sinds its 30x more powerfull then its natural substance : curcumin

its like a glass of beer agains a glass of vodka

Hoppi

Reaction score
Basically I think CS said it all in the quote in my sig.

Some people hair loss is incredibly simple, and others is very complex.

It's not easy, but.. yeah when I get my mind set on something I don't give up :)

And I have no real huge objection to going on finasteride to temporarily buy myself some time or whatever, my hairline seems to be either static or improving but it's only the gradual shedding which worries me, but then it's still very early days.

But see, I'm learning, that's all.

Instead of just going "Oh! finasteride, nizoral, Minoxidil, for the REST of my life......"

I'm trying to get down into the very core of it, understand what is happening within my hair follicles or within my body specifically (whether it's a DHT increase, inflammation increase, weaker follicles, pure genetic sensitivity (this is unlikely IMO as I have far too many possible triggers), etc). I know I spend a lot of time doing it and I get totally hooked, but like, if it works then not only have I stopped my hair loss for good, but I've corrected a bunch of negative things about my health and probably shoved an extra 20 years on my life lol

I mean, why on earth not? It takes longer, but then to me the idea of applying topicals regularly I'm even more wary of, as of course every day, all that stuff adds up too.

Whatever, I mean different strokes for different folks, right? :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Basically I think CS said it all in the quote in my sig

I'd be careful quoting CS. I'd check first where he got it from :laugh: It doesn't sound right anyway...hmmm...

BTW..where'd you get the idea that all topicals were full of chemicals and that it took hours to apply??

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:

I'd be careful quoting CS. I'd check first where he got it from :laugh: It doesn't sound right anyway...hmmm...

BTW..where'd you get the idea that all topicals were full of chemicals and that it took hours to apply??

Well, thing is, if I'm going to put time into my hair, I want it to benefit all of me. I just think that I can probably correct my body internally and make it grow hair without having to do anything at scalp level, or at least that's my goal.

All this stuff costs money too, so I may as well be benefiting my health if possible, you know? :)

Your topicals don't take long to apply then?

Jacob

Reaction score
I think you'll be spending more time in these forums than applying topicals. No..it doesn't take long at all. You get so used to it as well..like brushing your teeth. The newest topical I'll be trying may take a bit longer, because you have to mix two things together..and I'm going to be using a dermaroller with it.

This is male pattern baldness. You might as well get serious about it..and do both- internals and topicals.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
but are you allready on your explained regime ?
are you allready using all the products/herbals that you say could work ?

Nene

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Jacob said:

Well, thing is, if I'm going to put time into my hair, I want it to benefit all of me. I just think that I can probably correct my body internally and make it grow hair without having to do anything at scalp level, or at least that's my goal.

All this stuff costs money too, so I may as well be benefiting my health if possible, you know? :)

Your topicals don't take long to apply then?

Hoppi, once you actually experience some real hair loss, you'll throw all your hippi BS and natural reigmens out the window and hop on finasteride and minoxidil. You'll find out it's not diet and lifestyle the hard way. If you never experience real male pattern baldness I'm sure you'll just attribute that to your great lifestyle.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think the bottom line is everyone is entitled to their own kind of approach to their own health concerns. I guess that is a good thing about like, being human! heh :) No-one can make decisions about your well-being other than you, when all is said and done!

It's not even that I'm casting normal treatments aside - lowering DHT is a part of my approach just like most other people's! But yeah, I think there is something to be said for an individual understanding their own body particularly well :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Ok fair do's some of those do look quite cool lol

I think that has to be one of my major goals, killing inflammation. I does seem to work quite well, Nizoral seems to be quite effective on me for example.

It's probably thyroid/stress -related inflammation.. so is that like, neurogenic and.. mitochondrial? Wow it's complicated lol

Hmm. I wonder what affordable capsule would be most effective at killing it flat!

What was the other thing erm.. DHT and T and E I'm controlling anyway erm.. oh! yes, insulin! I'm hoping my diet calming down will gradually knock that back into line, but man Easter is NOT the best place to make dietary choices!! Yum chocolate ^_^

But yes anyway! Any thoughts on a potent, natural, cheap way to give insulin resistance a knock on the head? Alpha lipoic acid looked a little bit harsh and I was worried about how supposedly it's best taken with Biotin, I didn't understand why. I have some Holy Basil and Reishi Mushroom? Any good? o_O

My blood glucose is a tad high I think which isn't great for body balance ._.

You know, I think I will listen to you a bit more in future Jacob! You have to understand that I mean, at first I was a little put off because you like, it felt a little condescending ._. and then I was concerned about these HUGE supplement combos, as yes in theory they could be great, but I haven't got the world of cash so I need things that are either cheap, or quite generic, and that I understand.

But yes *zips mouth shut* lol I talk too much ^_^