how bad is this

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey all. How bad is the state of my hair. Don't coddle me lol

This is the result of about 9 or 10 years of gradual progression.

i feel it is diffuse thinning at somewhere in between NW2 or 3. i see guys with higher norwood progressions who still have thicker hair in the region where they have hair left, thus i conclude this is diffuse thinning. not quite bald spot but the hair is more miniaturized in that region.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8024/7424091522_60ba6f1a66.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8013/7424094664_b292763f9b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7119/7424089964_7f2b514998.jpg

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
90% of the folks here wish they had your hair. Are you even using anything? I really don't see any balding..maybe at the vertex

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
90% of the folks here wish they had your hair. Are you even using anything? I really don't see any balding..maybe at the vertex

lol Thanks, yeah it could be a faster progression.

Had I used the flash on the camera it would probably be more evident how ravaged the hair on the crown is.

Looks roughly like my hair last September time...

Where do you stand today?

Conpecia

Reaction score
We have very similar hairlines and hair color/texture. How is your donor area? Mine is insanely thick in the back but I'm diffuse-thinning up top, though most can't notice. But I totally know that thin feeling and I'm guessing it has to be a combination of receding hairline and diffuse thinning. You're taking Folexen correct? Let me know how that goes. Strongly considering it, along with RU. Really hoping to beat male pattern baldness before it gets too bad. Only 27...

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^ thanks. i am assembling the regimen. i just ordered 1 year supply asc-j9 (one grtam) from the group buy on HLH. i intend to order the copper peptide from immortal hair very soon. israelite, what cream do you recommend for the copper peptide and asc?

^^ RU seems like a good choice. i had thought about it but got asc-j9 for its cheaper price. my donor area is thick, and the non-norwood spotters sometimes just think i have thick hair overall. i am 30 but my hair was basically the same or very similar when i was 27 as well. i am using folexen. 20 mg daily, which is twice the dose they recommend.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i just took another roll of pictures. going to take them monthly to chart any progress. its so crazy how a different angle, different light source, and different combing of the hair changes the way it looks so drastically lol

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^ thanks. i am assembling the regimen. i just ordered 1 year supply asc-j9 (one grtam) from the group buy on HLH. i intend to order the copper peptide from immortal hair very soon. israelite, what cream do you recommend for the copper peptide and asc?

^^ RU seems like a good choice. i had thought about it but got asc-j9 for its cheaper price. my donor area is thick, and the non-norwood spotters sometimes just think i have thick hair overall. i am 30 but my hair was basically the same or very similar when i was 27 as well. i am using folexen. 20 mg daily, which is twice the dose they recommend.
i'm using immortal hair RejuvePlex topical for the ahk. the cosmo cream work well in the ahk. dude asc j9 is another story! lol ask smitty smitty how to make the cream he should know.

roberto522

Reaction score
you said dutasteride will thicken up your hair are you talking about dusteride? i've been on finasteride for 6 years and have never had my hair get any thicker

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yr supply bimatoprost, yr supply asc-j9, yr supply equol just shipped out to me

- - - Updated - - -

you said dutasteride will thicken up your hair are you talking about dusteride? i've been on finasteride for 6 years and have never had my hair get any thicker

when you say never got thicker, do you mean it didnt impact your hair at all or what? did it prevent further loss at least

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dropped equol and sold the asc-j9. Stuff was bright orange. It would be a mess to put it on the scalp. In my opinion equol is too mild and we dont have enough data on dose response. I still think the idea is good but i need dose response info. Can't risk my hair on unproven compounds.

I started using dutasteride in late september on a dose of every third day. It was fine for a while then I upped the dose to 0.5 mg every other day, and it began to give me breast pain, puffier nips, and the pain started to get persistent so dropped the dose down to 0.5 mg / wk, but even then like half the week after I took the dose it gave me breast sensitivity and pain which would taper at the end of the week.

I ordered some antiestrogen drugs to try to ensure it didnt get worse. There is no perceptible external change in my chest appearance, so they do their job well enough but it leaves me wondering if I can continue the regimen long term. Even with raloxifene and letrozole (the strongest drugs for managing gyno) every few days some occasional pain pushes through. It's pretty crazy. Also with daily raloxifene to prevent estrogen from doing its dirty work and occasional letro the price of this regimen increased by a LOT. I think i will cut my losses and transition to finasteride. But it's still possible finasteride will give me breast issues, but I bet it'd be managable with smaller doses of ralox than dutasteride.I will also add RU for a stronger treatment. I have RU itself and the kb solution to mix it in but i need the vials and such to mix it in and to measure it.

It really pisses me off that dutasteride gives me gyno symptoms because I can see a big reduction in hair shed and new small hairs at the hair line.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your original pictures look good mate. Do you have any more recent ones, I'm interested in seeing what the new hairs are like from the dutasteride :)

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it wont be noticable in pics at the same angles and distances as original. i really dont think i can continue with dutasteride. i worry gyno will get worse! the antiestrogens could probably hold it at bay, but i may be able to cut my loss and use finasteride without using antiestrogens

Kuit

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with your temples and vertex. It's the light on your vertex. Make a good high quality picture of your vertex without flash in daylight, you will see it is nothing.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
started RU 50 mg daily applied to the whole top of the scalp

applying it is somewhat of a pain. i feel i always miss spots.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
why did you start with dutasteride? finasteride should always be the first step, and dutasteride as a last resort IMO