how dense?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ok....I think here is a good question...lot of people maybe don't have too much supplies for a implant....and to look like they used to be at 18...so...I was wondering how much density will be necessary to cover your entire scalp just enough to realize a buzz cut with no 2 clippers...if you are let's say norwood 5...you know that even even the density is poor when the hair is cut short looks more dense...maybe to achieve a look like this...I've read that a maximum coverage for an hair transplant is about 65 grafts/square cm...but for a buzz cut maybe 30 grafts will be ok...

Attachments

• normal_nemanja-vidic.jpg
    normal_nemanja-vidic.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 251

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and of course...the blonde fair hair....is better for this situation....I think...is great for buzz cut because is look more similar like the skin...and it creates a good contrast....just my opinion...

s.a.f

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
ok....I think here is a good question...lot of people maybe don't have too much supplies for a implant....and to look like they used to be at 18...so...I was wondering how much density will be necessary to cover your entire scalp just enough to realize a buzz cut with no 2 clippers...if you are let's say norwood 5...you know that even even the density is poor when the hair is cut short looks more dense...maybe to achieve a look like this...I've read that a maximum coverage for an hair transplant is about 65 grafts/square cm...but for a buzz cut maybe 30 grafts will be ok...

I think you have this totally wrong, no way will you achieve anything like that with 30 grafts pcm. You would'nt really be able to get hair like that guys with anything less than a almost natural (non m.p.b) density. For any hair transplant 65 pcm is about the lowest you'd want. Of course it all depends on the supply of donor but 30 pcm would look pretty much see through.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree , if you look at the pics of my latest hair transplant , there my hair is shaved , and in the front the density was 30 - 35 grafts/cm2...
and yep , its see true...
now its 65 grafts/cm2...
i dont think that 65 is the minimum , there people that have good density buzzed with 50 grafts/cm2... nobody has plenty of donor to just let the hair transplant be done with 70 - 80 grafts/cm2 , that would be a waste of grafts sinds you never know how far male pattern baldness could go later in life...

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
yep.... with fue your more safe later in life....

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
the question asked here was regarding buzz cuts, wouldnt chest/leg hair do the trick if you dont care how long it gets?

Nene

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
the question asked here was regarding buzz cuts, wouldnt chest/leg hair do the trick if you dont care how long it gets?

One would hope so. I don't mind having a buzz cut with no guard so long *** I have the shadow of a norwood 1 or even 2. According to Dr. Rassman, it might not work out because body hairs are in the resting phase longer than head hair or something like that. Part of me thinks he's just trying to steal business from Dr. Umar.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea...is doesn't sound good....but...when you are younger...I think you should stick with propecia...something like lifetime....and maybe you'll never get to the point of a norwood 5 or 6...with propecia and supplements and minerals you should never get to the point of norwood 5...just if you can stick with this for so many years...anyway my question was something like that...not to achieve the same model like vidic haircut...just to create the impresion of this...and i think with a defined hairline... and a rare coverage...on the top...you can buzz it...and create some ilusion of density...even to a non male pattern baldness it appear the effect see-through when the hair is buzzed...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've seen some result with 40-45 grafts pe cm...to me looks ok...I think the contrast between skin and hair is everything...much more than density itself!

Nene

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
I thought body hairs took on the characteristics of scalp hairs once they are transplanted?

No way. Take a look at some of Dr. Umar's work.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
it is impressive, i think by the time im ready for it ill probably need about 5,000+ grafts for a good density appearance, given that the hair would never have to grow very long then virtually every hair on my body could be used.

the issue for me would be the hair colour, i have dirty blonde/brown hair (like vidic in the first post) and as far as i can tell most of my body hair is darker, maybe even aiming for a slightly lower density would be a solution there (!).

this is the best picture i can muster, crumby webcam, its about 6 years old!

craphair.jpg

ive no slick bald areas, but very bad thinning at the front and a small spot on the back

knowing where im going with this there isnt much more room to lose it at the back, spent christmas with a family member with the exact same pattern and the only difference between us was that my diffuse was slick bald on them, with the spot at the back slightly bigger but not much.

might take the idea of getting a BHT more seriously in a few months, got the funds for it but dont have the funs if its botched!

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i think that a mix of bodyhair and normal hair from the back of the head would be better then just bodyhair...

there was a guy, a client that was from london that has gone to the bhr clinic brussels and have bodyhair and fue done , and has gone from norwood 6 to a good head of hair , and keeps it bit buzzed but with fue thats possible...

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i think using some hair from the back of my head is a must for the hairline, as for the rest i dont really care.

within 1-2 years i should be fully progressed with the thinning and then ill start losing hair, if the shape remains true to the family pattern ill be in place to get a hair transplant.

what that london patient had done is pretty much what im after, im in no position to expect anything else, im just lucky in that all i can expect is exactly what i want.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
using a measuring tape and the brain under my pathetic hair ive calculated that i need 9800 grafts for 65 grafts per cm2 coverage.

aint cheap but then im prepared to pay.

s.a.f

Reaction score
BHT should only ever be used as a last resort (ie - when you've used up all your head donor hair).

A head of mostly BH looks highly unnatural.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends if its really short (like under 1cm) maybe but BHair is a different calibre to head hair, if you look at Dr Umars video's on youtube they look really weird even at 2cm.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that bodyhair is also different in density then normal headhair , so you will need more....

if they can get 6 - 7000 grafts with fue out your donor and 4000 bodyhair from under your chin (beard) , under armpits , from breast-arena and from legs you should be ok i think....

but a mix of normal donor hair with bodyhair would be best i think...